Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 05-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #781
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: May 21 - 9EST - WCF - Game 3 - Dallas @ OKC GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I spent 03 to 08 defending Kobe endlessly. He was vastly under-rated. He got way too much hate for a few bad moments and series and was easily not only one of the elite players in the league, but one of the best ever.

I go to where I think people over-rate or under-rate players. Now I feel the Kobe talk has shifted into the over-rated category.

I defend Wade and Lebron and Dirk because I feel they are vastly under-rated.

I used to defend KG all the time. Now I find myself "hating" on him at times because he's becoming a little over-rated because of the title.

If people start calling Lebron or Wade top 8 players of all time if they win a title? You'll see me "hate" on them as well.

I don't make threads. I respond to threads or posts that interest me. Right now that is all the stuff that is going on.

Stuff like that. Its not "hating" really....its just trying to fix the flawed perceptions a lot of people have.

Like the game winning stuff with Kobe. A lot of flawed perceptions were out there. Now? Not so much. So I don't talk about it anymore.

Fair enough
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #782
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Fair enough

I've also defended Kobe even after this series with idiots calling Kobe not a top ten player.

I also have repeatedly said that I want Kobe to play until he's 40. He has a timeless game and skill set that is matched by very few players in history.

I have nothing against Kobe. I have a thing against the 15 year old fans that want to make excuses for him left and right no matter what happens.

It would be like me claiming Dirk played a great game 3. Nope. He really struggled. He was lucky enough to have a team around him that could give him a chance to make some big plays late. In the past, that would have been a for sure Mavs loss.

Which is why I've constantly said that while Dirk is playing great, its the supporting cast that is the difference and quite frankly deserves the most credit. Its Barea and Kidd and Chandler and Marion that are making the difference this year. Its Terry finding his 2006 game.

That has been my theme since I've been here. And I won't be changing that just to further a Dirk agenda even though I could right now easily. You don't win alone. Its pretty much never happened.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #783
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

MavsPoke has decent reputationMavsPoke has decent reputation

http://www.refcalls.com/

- Unbiased analysis of each call for each game.
Instead of trolls trolling and home fan getting butthurt everyone just go there and lets see the breakdown.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: