Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #31
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: It feels like I'm at "home" watching a TNT game.

You're not the only one. The ESPN coverage feels too tight and professional. Did anybody else see them rip the photoshopped picture segment off TNT in the pregame show?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #32
StackzUp
I airball my layups

StackzUp has an OK reputation so far

I actually really like ESPN to be honest. TNT is great as well, as long as it's not ABC.
StackzUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #33
Tide
Bulls and Mavs

Tide has decent reputation

TNT would be perfect if steve kerr didn't announce...
Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #34
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackzUp
I actually really like ESPN to be honest. TNT is great as well, as long as it's not ABC.
What's the difference between ABC and ESPN?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #35
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

TNT >>>>>>> ESPN/ABC, the only bright spot with the latter is the trio of Breen/Jackson/Van Gundy, they have great chemistry and you can tell they enjoy working with one another. However the rest of ESPN/ABC's presentation is utter sh!t, as well as their other commentators. Hubie Brown tries to explain stuff way too much, Tirico is nothing to speak of, and the studio analysts aren't entertaining at all; they just say stuff like "Star X has to step up in the 2nd half" or "Team Y has to make some stops to get back in this game", stupid cliche statements like that.

Also I'm getting a little tired of everyone saying "omg back when the NBA was on NBC it was G.O.A.T. coverage", yes I understand and having watched a lot of NBA on NBC towards the latter half of the 90s I would agree but sometimes you guys dwell in the past too much. It's annoying.
TheAnchorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #36
bl2k8
High School Varsity 12th Man

bl2k8 has not been impressing people

Hate ESPN. Breen/Mark/Van Gundy try way too hard, Breen is always overracting to physical play. Same wack songs in the intro, camera angles aren't good, HD isn't as crisp. It ****ing sucks
bl2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #37
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl2k8
Hate ESPN. Breen/Mark/Van Gundy try way too hard

I wish Mark Jackson was less respectful of Van Gundy, because Jackson is a much better commentator and Van Gundy says some ridiculous shit. Stop calling him Coach.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #38
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri41
I love the TNT boys. I was pissed ESPN got the WCF.

100% agree.

TNT cant get all the coverage tho cuz Charles doesnt wanna work that much. Heh.
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #39
FourthTenor
Banned

FourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation hereFourthTenor has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnchorman
Hubie Brown tries to explain stuff way too much, Tirico is nothing to speak of.

Agree about Hubie but Tirico is an excellent play by play guy
FourthTenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #40
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourthTenor
Agree about Hubie but Tirico is an excellent play by play guy
I prefer Harlan/Albert. I guess I can say sure, Tirico gets the job done, but he just doesn't stand out to me, hence nothing to speak of. I might be biased with marv albert though since he's the "voice of basketball"; I know that's an ambiguous label but I always associated his commentary with the game ever since growing up.

My favoriet play-by-play is Harlan, he's always riveting and excited when doing play by play and comes up with great quotes whenever someone does something inhuman on the court.

Hubie's many annoying quotes:
"Now see you can't let him do that"
"See what he did there was he grabbe the ball, did a pump fake, got his man in the air, brought it up and drew the contact, that's what you have to do to get buckets"
TheAnchorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #41
Hiei
Local High School Star

Hiei has decent reputation

I just wish TNT would show more than the same two commercials a thousand times over.
Hiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #42
FinishHim!
I dunk on kids

FinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this board

Yeah, because in addition to the better lighting, camera angles, etc... Kenny and Charles in particular (and C-Webb when he's there) strike you as average down to earth guys who you could sit with and talk about ball at a bar or at your house.
FinishHim! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: