Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 06-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #16
Maniak
Warm Winds

Default Re: Who do you want the Bobcats to draft?

Nice duo. I think the Bobcats win this draft. Sacramento came out really nicely tonight as well.

Would have liked to see some movement from my Suns, but it is what it is. And my Raptors getting another Euro?

Anyways, Magette wasn't the best thing about tonight, although you can't deny Kemba and Biyombo combo. Rivalling another nice duo that came out from tonight(Irving and Thompson).

So yes, all in all, Charlotte wins baby.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Nice duo. I think the Bobcats win this draft. Sacramento came out really nicely tonight as well.

Would have liked to see some movement from my Suns, but it is what it is. And my Raptors getting another Euro?

Anyways, Magette wasn't the best thing about tonight, although you can't deny Kemba and Biyombo combo. Rivalling another nice duo that came out from tonight(Irving and Thompson).

So yes, all in all, Charlotte wins baby.

i was pretty surprised the suns took markief over marcus. still a good pick though, he'll develop well with nash helping him out. what do you think about picking markief over marcus?
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 AM   #18
Maniak
Warm Winds

I don't know man. I haven't heard much of either, but I thought we were going to get Marcus.

I just hope Markief is better. I like his trailer 3 that they showed, if he can hit that consistenly it'll be good for working with Nash.

Still mad we got Brooks, haha. Dragic was developing so nicely here.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #19
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quote:
I don't know man. I haven't heard much of either, but I thought we were going to get Marcus.

I just hope Markief is better. I like his trailer 3 that they showed, if he can hit that consistenly it'll be good for working with Nash.

Still mad we got Brooks, haha. Dragic was developing so nicely here.
yeah i really liked dragic. i don't think i'll ever forget that game where he went off for like 23 points against the spurs in game 3. i was watching it with my friend who's a huge suns fan and we were just going crazy that night. it would have been nice to see him develop some more under nash.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #20
Maniak
Warm Winds

Yeah Nash was an ideal mentor for his playstyle. Brooks is garbage in my eyes and doesn't pass first enough to be the point guard the Suns system needs.

I was hoping kemba would slip to us...so close...yet so far...

Charlotte keeping that defensive minded playstyle next year im assuming? or what am i expected as I obviously will be tuning in to some.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #21
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Damn, I'm definitely not sold on the Biyombo pick.

Biyombo only has about half a season of legitimate basketball experience, averaging 6 points 3 boards a game in the ACB. There is just nothing telling me Biyombo isn't the next Saer Sene.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:37 AM   #22
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quote:
Charlotte keeping that defensive minded playstyle next year im assuming? or what am i expected as I obviously will be tuning in to some.

yeah, looks like it. i think their offense will honestly be the absolute worst in the NBA though haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Damn, I'm definitely not sold on the Biyombo pick.

Biyombo only has about half a season of legitimate basketball experience, averaging 6 points 3 boards a game in the ACB. There is just nothing telling me Biyombo isn't the next Saer Sene.
according to draftexpress he put up 6 points and 5 boards per game, but you have to take into consideration that he only played 17 minutes per game. he also recorded 2.7 blocks per game. 2.7 blocks in 17 minutes is pretty incredible. adjust it to the higher NBA pace and far more minutes (probably around 28-30) and he could realistically put up something like 8/10/3 or so in his rookie year. i'll take that and he'll only get better
Old 06-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #23
Maniak
Warm Winds

Get sold on Biyombo. I think he'll be someone in the NBA.

I'll try to catch some Charlotte games next year, depending on how much I like their pace, or if there is any games next year.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #24
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
yeah, looks like it. i think their offense will honestly be the absolute worst in the NBA though haha

according to draftexpress he put up 6 points and 5 boards per game, but you have to take into consideration that he only played 17 minutes per game. he also recorded 2.7 blocks per game. 2.7 blocks in 17 minutes is pretty incredible. adjust it to the higher NBA pace and far more minutes (probably around 28-30) and he could realistically put up something like 8/10/3 or so in his rookie year. i'll take that and he'll only get better

You are mostly right, I checked his stats and it's 6ppg 5rpg 2,3bpg. Solid numbers, but it's a 14 game sample size.

He'd be the first of these super raw, hyper athletic African C's picked in the lottery to live up in any way to his supposed potential.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: