Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool
Default Name Change

So does anyone know if the New Jersey Nets are going to change their name once they move to Brooklyn? Also, are they going to keep "New Jersey" or are they going to switch it to "Brooklyn?"
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Name Change

It definitely won't be called New Jersey anymore. As far as team name goes, it's unsure.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

at netsdaily.com, at least three out of the last ten articles on a related search suggest that the name is going to be "brooklyn nets."

see the quick summaries:
http://www.netsdaily.com/search?q=brooklyn+name&btn=Go
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
HelloBrooklyn
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HelloBrooklyn has an OK reputation so far

I would be fine with Brooklyn Nets. Anybody know if they are going to change the logo and colors?
HelloBrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i've always liked that nyets logo. :P

seriously, i'm sure there are many designs and options on the table that yormark and prokhy's advisors are considering.

BTW- dunno if you guys noticed, but ratner and crew have started some double-shifts on the new arena. speculation being that it's going to be ready around half a year earlier than planned, perhaps to take advantage of the many events that it can be used for. this was from a ND article about a week and a half ago.

meanwhile, recent articles report that newark is reportedly trying to attract an NBA team to replace the departing nets. ohhhhhhh rly? cory booker thinks that newark is another savior along the lines of oklahoma city?

yea, good luck with that, dudes. let me know how that works out for you, being geographically right next to two teams out of only 30 in the whole country.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Derrick
The Dragon

Derrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope so nets is a so-so name
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
HelloBrooklyn
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HelloBrooklyn has an OK reputation so far

After hearing the idea of "Brooklyn New Yorkers" I'm pretty much alright with anything besides that.
HelloBrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: