Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
WBynumToTheHole
I hit open layups

WBynumToTheHole has an OK reputation so far
Default Monta Ellis anyone?

Lots of rumors about Ellis being moved before next season. This is mostly hypothetical, since his agent is pushing to make sure he goes to a good team, but would you be in favor of a stuckey+ trade for ellis? if so how much would you give up?
WBynumToTheHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Monta Ellis anyone?

Nah, rather keep Stuckey. Even though STuckey ain't a PG, he's a much better PG than Elliss and a much better defender. This team has bigger needs than an undersized, volume shooting 2 guard.

That's not me hating on Elliss either. I love him for the right team. He can be a Carmelo type who takes over down the stretch with his scoring. he's just not right for us.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

I think the trade that makes most sense would be Stuckey + Prince (if you can S&T multiple players at the same time?).

But we have a problem then. We have Hamilton, Ellis, and Gordon as our guards. That makes no sense. Ellis would be the best one of them, but they all do similar things and none can play the point effectively. Moving both Gordon and Hamilton would be nearly impossible. Especially since you want a big PG next to Monta like Baron (and like we tried to play Stuckey next to an undersized Gordon).

I would do the trade though if it included Hamilton or Gordon with nearly anyone but Monroe as Ellis is better than both of them.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really like what Ellis does on the court. I just don't see him as a fit for this team and I don't see what we can give Golden State to make them want to do it besides Rip. I know GS is trying to get a bigger shooting guard who can play defense next to Curry. Rip could do that but it would be short term for them. For the Pistons it doesn't necessarily make sense having Ellis and Gordon. If Ellis could be a PG there would be a bunch of teams that would want him. I just don't see him playing that role.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

nah we need younger players that have high ceilings

monta is hitting his prime, no point in him taking up cap space
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The Pistons don't need another Ben Gordon.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
nah we need younger players that have high ceilings

monta is hitting his prime, no point in him taking up cap space
his prime is crap. sure, hes a scoring chucker, but there is a reason why his teams have always sucked so hard and alot of it has to do with him. Terrible defensive player (worst in the league? maybe not quite, but hes in the conversation IMO). That is why PER fails, because it really only measures some aspects of offensive production.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: