Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far
Default The baller you can't beat...

Do you guys play ball with this one person, it could be your older brother, a friend, or somebody else that you can never beat? He's older, stronger, faster, and you try your best and it's still not enough?

There's there this one kid I know who is so much better than me, he has a jumper, and a quick first step and he always embarrasses me every f'n time we play! When I get beat by him I get mad, my eyes get watery and I want to take it like a man, but I can't help it getting beat by this dude!

Playing against him made me better though. I am tougher because of this, and I learned how to play defense because of him and my all around game is better.

How can I beat him at his own game?
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The baller you can't beat...

one of my best friends, is someone I can never beat..

he is 6'5" a sculpted 220 pounds, has immense quickness to go along with strength, has an outside shot as far as the three as well as a variety of pivot moves....

yeah he owns me good every time. i can never get an easy layup on him. it's either some contortion I have to do that he challenges hard anyway, or I have to utilize pull up game bceause his perimter D is just as good as his interior D.

good thing he's on my team mostof the time.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
j Fresh
Local High School Star

damn!

Does he have a weakness? If he does, try to make it your advantage.. but it doesn't look like he does
Old 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

nah, he's a former college ball player who may have made the NBA as a scrub, but decided to become a lawyer.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
j Fresh
Local High School Star

:

better to lie and make alot of money than to sit in a bench and rot away and get a few Ks is my motto
Old 03-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

I remember this one dude from my old neighborhood in DC. He had one small baby arm, but dude could shoot the lights out with that arm. I'm telling you it was like Michael Redd, Ray Allen AND Allan Houston rolled into one. And it was psychological too, because nobody really wanted to get rough with a handicapped dude so people wouldn't play him too tight. But even those that did got scored on anyway, so it was like what's the point?
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean77
I remember this one dude from my old neighborhood in DC. He had one small baby arm, but dude could shoot the lights out with that arm. I'm telling you it was like Michael Redd, Ray Allen AND Allan Houston rolled into one. And it was psychological too, because nobody really wanted to get rough with a handicapped dude so people wouldn't play him too tight. But even those that did got scored on anyway, so it was like what's the point?

Yeah those people kill you the most. Me and a couple of my friends were playing against some kids in the street, and this one cat had a broken right arm, and he was still destroying us like nothing. He was mad quick and the dude actually dunked!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

in my park, there's this old dude in his 50s who can still ball. but like you mentioned, it's psychological, no one wants to rough him up too badly because of the old man factor.

but this man plays dirty as hell, i don't go for that.

i start every game giving everyone high fives and telling them to have a good game. even this dude, whom I bow down (he's an old Asian, apparently, he's a martial arts master) in front of before every game. but I play rough and physical. he throws an elbow at me, I throw one at his neck. he tries to tie me up to prevent me from catching an entry pass, I pull the table under him, etc...

that's the only way to beat him.

but at the end of every game we always shake hands.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: