Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 08-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #76
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Will Mass Effect 3 be the greatest game of this generation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosso√er
Coming from the guy who referred to Uncharted as a "pointless" game, then as soon as people called you out; you gradually started to praise its score.

I've played both games, I like Uncharted more. If I liked a game more then ME 2 (which is my favorite RPG game by far); then it's far from "pointless". It's an intriguing adventure game; and who cares if it's linear? That simple fact should tell you how great of an achievement it is then.

Just because I like Uncharted more; doesn't mean ME2 isn't one of the greatest games ever made. I've simply displayed how Uncharted 2 received more praise from critics/gamers; that is all I did.

If a game is less flawed, how is it not better? Preference is how.
You might not be an RPG fan-boy; but you clearly enjoy RPG more-so then linear adventure games. Games win GOTY from critics who are neutral when evaluating games, not people who enjoy one genre over another. So therefore, I still believe (and hope) that U3 becomes the GOTY (and perhaps best game of All-Time); since it's right down my alley of interest.

I was just having some friendly back & forth; definitely no feelings are hurt over you liking one game over another.

Touche. I definitely will admit I have some bias in this. I was a bit harsh calling it a pointless game. I just meant that when I play Uncharted there is no epic mission like the save the world mission for Mass Effect. I felt like it was pretty casual. I don't agree though that critics are unbiased in the gaming magazines. You really think all the Rockstar games deserve perfect 10's or close to??

As for more flawless game being better let me explain it more. Some of the criteria like sound quality, graphics etc are very trivial. Most gamers aren't going to notice a big difference between the high quality games even if they have the best TV and sound system in the business. Therefor that criteria is meaningless in my opinion. If it's a glaring flaw or epic strength fine... but as long as they are on par it shouldn't be in the ranking system. These ratings value superficial things like these rather than the writing of the story, depth of the actual game etc.

It takes someone with special eyes to tell the difference from 1080p and 720p on an averaged sized flat screen for example. Very few games currently run full 1080p. Almost all run at 720p (PS3/360).

Last edited by Clippersfan86 : 08-12-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #77
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So much hate in this thread. While I am looking forward to the next Mass Effect, I'm not quite as hyped as Clippersfan. It'll be nice to see more of the game, I really wasn't all that impressed by what I saw at E3. Really didn't look much different than ME2, which isn't such a bad thing, but I'm hoping for more improvements then just kinect voice recognition.

Can't say much about the uncharted series yet, although I did just started playing through the first. It's a solid game, graphics are good. Gunplay and platforming are ok. I do like Drake as a character. I keep hearing the second is quite a bit better, I'll definitly have to play it before the third one comes out.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #78
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
So much hate in this thread. While I am looking forward to the next Mass Effect, I'm not quite as hyped as Clippersfan. It'll be nice to see more of the game, I really wasn't all that impressed by what I saw at E3. Really didn't look much different than ME2, which isn't such a bad thing, but I'm hoping for more improvements then just kinect voice recognition.

Can't say much about the uncharted series yet, although I did just started playing through the first. It's a solid game, graphics are good. Gunplay and platforming are ok. I do like Drake as a character. I keep hearing the second is quite a bit better, I'll definitly have to play it before the third one comes out.

The release date for ME3 was pushed back for that very reason. They needed more time. What you saw at E3 was completed by January so they were nowhere near done with the game. I'm sure we will see an epic trailer or gameplay clip within the next couple months.

I think the key to Mass Effect 3 will be that Casey Hudson (project manager) said he's listened to fans and fixed a lot of the gripes. Multiplayer is getting added, melee combat+weapons improved etc. Plus he said it's going back to it's RPG roots more like the first game. I don't plan to be let down but we'll see.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #79
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro

The 2nd is much better.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #80
D12"Magic"
College superstar

D12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation hereD12"Magic" has a near all-star reputation here

Tight competition for GoTY this year.
D12"Magic" is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: