Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 09-02-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Suns union rep Jared Dudley sees a positive

www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/140024

Phoenix Suns update:

With such a grim forecast over NBA labor negotiations, any slight ray of light needs a prism to create optimism.

Suns player union representative Jared Dudley is taking the morsel that the two sides agreed not to talk publicly about the details of their meetings as a positive. In only the second negotiating meeting since the lockout began on July 1, the sides met for six hours Wednesday in New York with attendance limited to only the heads of the player contingent (National Basketball Players Association president Derek Fisher, NBPA executive director Billy Hunter and attorney Ron Klempner) and the owner contingent (Commissioner David Stern, Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver and San Antonio owner and labor relations committee chairman Peter Holt).

"I think we're a little behind but it's a positive that they agreed not to talk about it," said Dudley, who is training daily at Impact Basketball in Las Vegas. "I think it's a positive that they met and they both decided they're not going to take shots at each other in the media."

Dudley said he has been one of the more talkative players (surprise!) at the previous meetings but compares leaving negotiations in Fisher's hands to trustying the Suns offense in Steve Nash's hands.

The parties did not discuss a future timetable other than to say they are planning more meetings but Dudley said weekly meetings are needed to get a deal done. The Suns normally would have begun informal workouts in earnest on Tuesday with training camp starting about four weeks later.

"My gut is we'll have a season but we'll miss some games," Dudley said. "The closer we get, the more talks will intensify."

It sounds good so far but I'm guessing we will miss around a half a season. As long as we get to see the NBA after the NFL season then I will be extremely happy.
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: