Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation
Default Twin Towers? (Nets version)

Source: http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/10/6/2...ng-twin-towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nets daily

Looks like Al Iannazzone wants to be ready if the NBA players and owners decide to settle the lockout soon. In a series of tweets Thursday morning, he writes about the Nets' priorities when an agreement is reached. Those priorities start with getting another big man to play alongside Brook Lopez, namely Tyson Chandler or Nene.

Asked, "What would be the #Nets first few moves? Pls don't say David West," Iannazzone replies, "Think bigger, they'll try for Tyson Chandler and Nene 1st." The idea, he adds, is to "Play Lopez at 4 and try to acquire chips to be in better position to get Dwight (Howard)."

After the big men, Iannazzone says the Nets will try to solve their three year old problem at small forward by adding a veteran.

"After Nene and TC, figure Nets try for Caron Butler and Tayshaun Prince". What about Kris Humphries? "Kris is in the mix, but for right price. They'll shoot bigger first" he writes, adding, "And pls don't start a tweet to me with 'Bondy thinks,' LOL." Not mentioned by Iannazzone but prominently discussed by Chris Bernucca of Sheridan Hoops? Andrei Kirilenko.

What do you guys think of this concept? Should we throw our money and get any of these guys? As assets for the big trade? Thoughts?
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Thumbs up Re: Twin Towers? (Nets version)

'twin towers'... god, what an outdated concept. when are the sportswriters going to let that one rest?

anyway, to get extremely simple in the face of a huge bunch of unknowns- if there's a way to attract d-howard to the nets then i'm down. absolutely down. even nene, tyson chicken and west are worth signing if there's a way to work such towards a d-how trade, sign-and-trade, etc.

whether those guys are worth signing as a future rotation with lopez is a whole different issue. i mean, the nets still have a huge amount of drafting and team-building to do before they're ready to field a strong contender.

because as much as i like brookie, i question whether locking him and a big FA PF/C into their inevitable contracts is what this team really needs. 'twin towers' or not.

IMO we need to look at one of two scenerios: 1) any moves of any kind that can give us strong chances of acquiring d-how... which would (presumably) guarantee d-will re-signing and allow us to build around the top 1-5 combo in the NBA.

2) anything that improves our long-term ability to build a strong team, which means a whole bunch of patience and not locking up big names just for the sake of their big names.

if you look at the sixers, for example, they've wasted much of the last 10+ years trying to fit in big name FA's with their young up-and-comers in order to get back to the finals, but have basically gotten nowhere. (not that they're remotely alone in the NBA, of course)

lopez, nene, chandler, west... they're all nice but they all have their issues. more than ever in the new NBA, it's going to be very important to spend wisely and pass up big names that will never really get you anywhere. i mean, such was always an important principle, but soon it's going to be doubly-important...

just my 2, of course.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: