Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 10-30-2006, 12:03 PM   #16
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickshot
I've had 2 guys at my tryouts who can dunk a bit taller than u tho.. but they can't do anything else... of course they don't make the team
does you school have open gym sessions? if so, the coaches are there alot of times.....if you can burn up the net "like jesus" then show them there. if not this year there is always next year. man, if you are as good as ray this year, whats next? can you say air apparent??

jk
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #17
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

didnt mean to quote slick
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #18
Knine
I hit open layups

Knine has an OK reputation so far

I hate the coach. Everybody on the team probably will defend him. saying he know basketball. I seriously doubt he knows ball cuz he doesnt know potential when he sees it. And that was the impression I was trying to give off. I went up high for a rebound over everybody and it wasnt even MY rebound I just outjumped everybody and tipped it to one of my bigmen who didnt come down with it cuz he's not good. I blew the game open first play of the game with a pick for the two guard that shoulda just used my screen and take it to the hole. I mean the spacing was awesome. My teammates were pathetic. I dont know man. How good is the team if these guys are supposedly better then me. They must be monsters! I cant believe the coach cant recognize damn it!
Knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #19
Melo#15
G.O.A.T.

Melo#15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knine
I can shoot but I tried out at PG so I didnt show him my stroke. remember Ray Allen in the beginning of He Got Game shooting those college threes??? I can totally do that. Just swish shot after shot. I just didnt do that. Its still a pity.

What I've found from lots of experience is that coaches aren't going to take you if you dont take shots in the tryout! you could be a great shooter but if you dont shoot the coach will oviously think u cant and that's why u wont shoot. Next year (if u arent graduating) just take the shots when u got em. He'll notice that you've got confidence. Maybe he wont think you are a good point guard but if you shoot like you say he'll take you as a 2 or 3 spot.
Melo#15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #20
Melo#15
G.O.A.T.

Melo#15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knine
I hate the coach. Everybody on the team probably will defend him. saying he know basketball. I seriously doubt he knows ball cuz he doesnt know potential when he sees it. And that was the impression I was trying to give off. I went up high for a rebound over everybody and it wasnt even MY rebound I just outjumped everybody and tipped it to one of my bigmen who didnt come down with it cuz he's not good. I blew the game open first play of the game with a pick for the two guard that shoulda just used my screen and take it to the hole. I mean the spacing was awesome. My teammates were pathetic. I dont know man. How good is the team if these guys are supposedly better then me. They must be monsters! I cant believe the coach cant recognize damn it!

Instead of setting at your computer telling us about it why dont u go outside or to the gym and practice right now. Everyone else will get better from playing this season. If you dont practice they are gonna pass you by more and you wont have a chance next year.
Melo#15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #21
hoopsididitagain
Got Some Game

hoopsididitagain has an OK reputation so far

There is alot more then just dunking a basketball. The main thing I have learned since I been playing for my highschool team and I am a Junior is you must be a good team player. my coach hates all the flashes dribbles and passes and stuff like that.
hoopsididitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #22
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I can dunk and I still got cut

maybe you're not "fundamentally sound".
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #23
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
shoot the coach, sometimes violence is the answer

How dare that idiot not put you on the team just because you can dunk and you think you should be on the team?!?!? How dare he?!?!?!

HAHAHA thats messed up....i'm fallin off mah chair man!!!!

This kid got it twisted....and they say i make bad threads

Dunkin don't mean anythin and your 5'6??? I doubt your dunkin
Nate Robinson
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:37 AM   #24
IBall280
Decent playground baller

IBall280 has an OK reputation so far

even if u can really dunk u need more game than dunking b/c dunking isnt everything
IBall280 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: