Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation
Default Crazy trade Idea 2

T-wolves:
Steve Nash/Ricky Rubio
Grant hill/Malcolm Lee
Beasley/Mickael Pietrus
Derrick Williams/Randolph
Kevin Love/ Darko milic

Suns:
Luke Ridnour/Aaron Brooks
Jared Dudley/Martell Webster
Wesley Johnson/Josh Childress
Markieff Morris/Channing Frye
Marcin Gortat/Pekovic

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3pvplnv
SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crazy trade Idea 2

I'm not sure if the Wolves would do it but I'm all for it. If the season starts then we have to get some value for Steve Nash. I guess the Wolves would only do it because they want to win now and have someone mentor Ricky Rubio at the same time. lol @ both teams increase their wins by 41 games.
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
lol @ both teams increase their wins by 41 games.

Haha I think something is wrong with the +/- w/l or they changed the way they do the system.

But yeah I think the T-wolves could win a championship easy with that team. Prob get 2-3 years out of those players.

And Nash with Rubio like you said...

Worst case scenario hill and Nash retire and pietrus and Lopez contracts expire and t-wolves have a lot of money to shop the free agency.

Suns acquire some younger talent...Mainly HOPING Wesley Johnson can break out.

But I think this roster we are...

Great at Center
Great at PF
Good at SF
Decent at PG
Average at SG

But not Amazing at any position. Basically no 1 position has a star. If anything we are banking on that to be Wesley Johnson...And with upcoming drafts and what not if we upgrade our SG position...we are set.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
Haha I think something is wrong with the +/- w/l or they changed the way they do the system.

But yeah I think the T-wolves could win a championship easy with that team. Prob get 2-3 years out of those players.

And Nash with Rubio like you said...

Worst case scenario hill and Nash retire and pietrus and Lopez contracts expire and t-wolves have a lot of money to shop the free agency.

Suns acquire some younger talent...Mainly HOPING Wesley Johnson can break out.

But I think this roster we are...

Great at Center
Great at PF
Good at SF
Decent at PG
Average at SG

But not Amazing at any position. Basically no 1 position has a star. If anything we are banking on that to be Wesley Johnson...And with upcoming drafts and what not if we upgrade our SG position...we are set.

Umm... so this is basically Nash for Ridnour?
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wolves would be all for it but I don't like it for us. I'm not feeling as though we are getting anything worthy of losing Nash and Hill...

Johnson shows potential but not that much. Ridnour isn't worth it either.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #6
Derrick
The Dragon

Derrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected poster

im against betraying nash, sending him to a non contender, for luke ridnour

Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

I think people are over estimating Nashs worth.

Dont get me wrong one of the best players ever but you have to take his age into consideration...And hills age...

And getting rid of pietrus and lopez is a +

Also the T-wolves are a contender with this trade. That roster is ridiculous.

For the suns you gain YOUNG TALENT!!!

This trade is a rebuilding trade for the Suns and a Championship team for the T-wolves...makes complete sense.

We are getting rid of players who are no longer useful to us for players who are useful.

As much as we all love Nash he is not going to get top tier players in return. All we can hope for is getting some decent young players. Thats what this trade is about. Setting up Nash on a great team and receiving building blocks.

This trade makes so much sense it BLOWS MY MIND.

And why is any1 saying this trade is about nash for ridnour? THAT IS THE FURTHEST FROM THE TRUUUTH. If you want to say this trade is about anyone for the Suns its Wesley Johnson. The potential there is what makes him so valuable. POTENTIAL PEOPLE. Not to mention the other young players POTENTIAL.

GOSH.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
Derrick
The Dragon

Derrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected poster

he led the league in assists last yr passing to a bunch of shooting forwards, hardly overestimating his worth.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick
he led the league in assists last yr passing to a bunch of shooting forwards, hardly overestimating his worth.

Its not the fact that he's not good... hes the best....ITS THAT HES OLD.

Teams arnt sacrificing their future for 2 years TOPS out of Nash...Not to mention Hill....

AGE IS A HUGE FACTOR.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sunscaptain, I would love that trade and hopefully the T-Wolves would agree to it since they have to win now and Ricky Rubio will get a great mentor. I do agree with you since the Suns have to move forward into the future. Knowing Sarver, he's going to wait for the perfect deal (that won't happen in the real world) like Nash for Chris Paul. Sarver is going to hang onto Nash (his cash cow) for as long as he can. It's unfortunate because we should be rebuilding instead of hanging on the Nash and Hill. I'm still mad we gave up the 23rd pick in the 2011 draft. We need a SG and Marshon Brooks was available.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
Sunscaptain, I would love that trade and hopefully the T-Wolves would agree to it since they have to win now and Ricky Rubio will get a great mentor. I do agree with you since the Suns have to move forward into the future. Knowing Sarver, he's going to wait for the perfect deal (that won't happen in the real world) like Nash for Chris Paul. Sarver is going to hang onto Nash (his cash cow) for as long as he can. It's unfortunate because we should be rebuilding instead of hanging on the Nash and Hill. I'm still mad we gave up the 23rd pick in the 2011 draft. We need a SG and Marshon Brooks was available.

I didn't like that trade at all... Dragic is a great player in my opinion (one of my favorite players)... and giving up a first round pick =/

Hopefully Aaron Brooks starts playing like he did when he won most improved award in 2010...

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/marshon-brooks

I wouldn't have minded him. heh I would rather have Marshon Brooks and Dragic than Aaron Brooks. Need to re-build faster not slower!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #12
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sunscaptain, Our lineup would have been Nash-Pietrus-Childress-Morris-Gortat. Bench: Dragic-Marshon Brooks-Dudley-lawal-Frye. Our team would have been a pretty good team if the Suns didn't give away draft picks like candy. What do you think about trading Nash for Billups and Iman Shumpert from the Knicks? The Suns get Shumpert (the man they wanted in the draft) and Billups who is expiring. I'm thinking that's the reason why the Knicks drafted him was to lure Nash away form the Suns and team him up with Amare and coach Mike D again. Hopefully the season starts soon. No Suns games have been a pain for me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: