Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 09-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default SG Position

The Cavs need to upgrade at the 2 guard spot. If their is an NBA Draft in 2012 I think should get Austin River from Duke, John Jenkins from Vanderbilt, Jeremy Lamb from UConn, Doron Lamb from Kentucky, and Glen Rice Jr from GA Tech.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: SG Position

YOu think Lamb is a 2 and not a 3? Seems like a classic 3 to me.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
YOu think Lamb is a 2 and not a 3? Seems like a classic 3 to me.

Which Lamb you talking about lol?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

Will Barton from Memphis is another guy to look out for.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the cavs are gonna have a top 5 pick, top 10 at least, and i think any of those guys would be a stretch. obviously its early, but id much rather take a chance on a player with more upside. drummond, miller, perry jones, anthony davis. the cavs need a star, none of those guys you mentioned have the upside to become a star.

Last edited by chips93 : 09-10-2011 at 02:34 PM.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
idizzle
Good college starter

Check out this list of SG's from nbadraft.net

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012-nba-dra...hooting-guards
Old 09-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #7
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
the cavs are gonna have a top 5 pick, top 10 at least, and i think any of those guys would be a stretch. obviously its early, but id much rather take a chance on a player with more upside. drummond, miller, perry jones, anthony davis. the cavs need a star, none of those guys you mentioned have the upside to become a star.

They don't have to be stars to make an impact for the team to win. I still think Austin Rivers will impress this season at Duke. He can play both SG and PG.

I also like Doron Lamb is also one of the sleepers to look out for. He played good in the few minutes he played off the bench for Kentucky. He also has the ability to play PG.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
JaskoX1
The Herpes of My Life.

JaskoX1 has decent reputation

I'm not sold on Rivers. He gets his 25pts, but on garbage shooting along with to's. His defense is decent at best.

Bit of a stretch, but Ramon Sessions playing the 2 might just work in Scott's offense.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

in a perfect world, the kings make the playoffs, but have the worst record of any playoff team, so we get their 16th pick, and bradley beal falls to us at 16.

im not sold on rivers yet, we'll have to wait and see how his style works in a real competitive setting (outside of aau and hs ball)
Old 09-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
in a perfect world, the kings make the playoffs, but have the worst record of any playoff team, so we get their 16th pick, and bradley beal falls to us at 16.

im not sold on rivers yet, we'll have to wait and see how his style works in a real competitive setting (outside of aau and hs ball)

I've been reading on Beal and he would be a good pick if he decides to leave after his freshman year.

Here are some other guys to watch out for

Michael Snaer-6'4 SG from Florida State
Lorenzo Brown-6'5 PG-SG from North Carolina State
Reggie Bullock-6'7 G-F from UNC
Maurice Creek-6'4 from Indiana
Brandon Paul-6'4 from Illinois
Tim Hardaway Jr-6'5 G-F from Michigan
William Burford, 6'5 from Ohio State
Old 09-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
chips93
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I've been reading on Beal and he would be a good pick if he decides to leave after his freshman year.

Here are some other guys to watch out for

Michael Snaer-6'4 SG from Florida State
Lorenzo Brown-6'5 PG-SG from North Carolina State
Reggie Bullock-6'7 G-F from UNC
Maurice Creek-6'4 from Indiana
Brandon Paul-6'4 from Illinois
Tim Hardaway Jr-6'5 G-F from Michigan
William Burford, 6'5 from Ohio State

you read draft express? they're great and have profiled a lot of those guys recently, i need to get around to reading up on all of these guys.

i think a guy like beal is the perfect combination of shot-creating, but not being dependent on dominating the ball.

i think either jeremy or doron lamb could be this kind of player too, but obviously there is still a lot of evaluating to be done before the draft.

interestingly, draft express has michael gilchrist at 6'7, labeled as a shooting guard. i was under the impression that he was a sf, who could play some 4.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ilchrist-5707/
Old 09-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

Yep, draftexpress and nbadraft.net are my sources. I actually seen some of those guys play too. Michael Gilchrist and Marquis Teague are going to be a nice backcourt for the Wildcats.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

Orlando Johnson from UC Santa Barbara

Tony Mitchell from Alabama

Trent Lockett from Arizona State

Terrence Ross from Washington

K.T. Harrell from Virginia

Andre Dawkins from Duke

Last edited by idizzle : 10-06-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Which Lamb you talking about lol?
The wrong one
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
The wrong one

Its 2 Lambs.

Jeremy Lamb from UConn and Doron Lamb from Kentucky.

Jeremy Lamb is a 6'5 SG/SG and Doron Lamb is a 6'4 combo guard.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: