Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

verylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation here
Default What is the current roster?

I've no idea who is on our roster or our starting 5. All I am aware of is these guys are capable starters...in the Dleague. Nash of course is the exception, but it is a disgrace to surround him with Dleaguers. I'm sure Gortat or Dudley have never been in the D-league or other players on our team but let's be realistic here, they should not be starting.

Anyhow, please update me on our starting 5 and bench.
verylegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is the current roster?

I'm not sure if Brooks will be allowed to play because of his contract he signed overseas.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

verylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation hereverylegit has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak

I'm not sure if Brooks will be allowed to play because of his contract he signed overseas.
thx. i hope brooks doesn't return from china. i pray.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation

We wont have Vince Carter either.... No way in hell we are paying him 18 million dollars.

He is on a team option.
SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
Derrick
The Dragon

Derrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected posterDerrick is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope we sign someone at the sg position, I'm sure theres someone better than vc, and at a better price.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:18 AM   #6
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We need to gut this whole team minus Gortat and Morris. Not interested in watching a team full of old men and below average role players.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
We need to gut this whole team minus Gortat and Morris. Not interested in watching a team full of old men and below average role players.
word

i liked dudley as a nice bench player, brings some hustle and energy. i understand frye has made some clutch shots but he's a 7ft shooting guard. offers absoluletly no services for our team down below. the arc is his home

i look at lopez and i question his talent, how the hell did he ever get into high level sports? the guy has no coordination. hakim warrick belongs in a dunk contest, not the nba.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by verylegit
word

i liked dudley as a nice bench player, brings some hustle and energy. i understand frye has made some clutch shots but he's a 7ft shooting guard. offers absoluletly no services for our team down below. the arc is his home

i look at lopez and i question his talent, how the hell did he ever get into high level sports? the guy has no coordination. hakim warrick belongs in a dunk contest, not the nba.

Based on our current roster this is what I want to keep:

Steve Nash / Zabian Dowdell
Jared Dudley / SG FREE AGENCY / TRADE
Grant Hill / Josh Childress
Markieff Morris / PF FA / TRADE
Marcin Gortat / Center FA / TRADE

Get rid of Warrick, Lopez, Frye, Pietrus....Most importantly we need a good SG. And we NEED to trade Nash. One of the greatest ever but we need to rebuild.
SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
Based on our current roster this is what I want to keep:

Steve Nash / Zabian Dowdell
Jared Dudley / SG FREE AGENCY / TRADE
Grant Hill / Josh Childress
Markieff Morris / PF FA / TRADE
Marcin Gortat / Center FA / TRADE

Get rid of Warrick, Lopez, Frye, Pietrus....Most importantly we need a good SG. And we NEED to trade Nash. One of the greatest ever but we need to rebuild.
any valuable fa's avilable?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

haven't read up on amnesty details other than having to be below salary cap to be eligible for it but is it once per season? if we are eligible, who should we amnesty?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
Sawbucks23
I brick open layups

Sawbucks23 has an OK reputation so far

Amnesty is not in Sarver's vocabulary. It would mean that a player would not be counted against the cap but we would still have to play the player for not playing. If we didn't have to pay the player then I would have picked Josh Childress. Josh didn't really get a chance since his finger injury but he's overpaid for what he brings to the table. I'm rooting for the guy to do well but he's just going to be a hustle guy off the bench.
Sawbucks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
verylegit
functioning alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
Amnesty is not in Sarver's vocabulary. It would mean that a player would not be counted against the cap but we would still have to play the player for not playing. If we didn't have to pay the player then I would have picked Josh Childress. Josh didn't really get a chance since his finger injury but he's overpaid for what he brings to the table. I'm rooting for the guy to do well but he's just going to be a hustle guy off the bench.
you're right, sarver ain't paying a player to sit his ass home.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: