Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 12-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

Default Pistons Buy Out Hamilton

Well, it looks like we won't get anything for Rip. I'm not too disappointed about not trading him. I mentioned in another thread I'd much rather have a good draft pick at this point. I think with a good pick in this years draft we'll turn it around faster. I think it's time to get some of these young guys some PT and we have Prince to stick around for leadership.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...lug=ap-pistons

Quote:
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP)—The Detroit Pistons have decided to part ways with Richard Hamilton.

A person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Friday that terms of a buyout were still being negotiated. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the team had not made an announcement.

The 33-year-old Hamilton spent the last nine seasons with the Pistons, leading them to the 2004 NBA title. He had a falling out last season with coach John Kuester and was benched for most of a seven-week stretch. The two appeared to be on better terms toward the end of the season, but Hamilton averaged only 14.1 points in 2010-11.

Kuester was fired after the season and replaced by Lawrence Frank.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Pistons Buy Out Hamilton

The latest rumors are Hamilton will be a Chicago Bull very soon. They need a SG and he's not going to be expensive. We just helped out Chicago a lot. That's a very good back court they have now.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Great move for Chicago to add Rip, but I still love it for us. Would have rather bought out Ben Gordon, but he wouldnt' have been as willing most likely. 11 mil in savings over the next 2 years and we still have an amnest. I wonder if we can amnesty and get low enough for Nene?
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
I wonder if we can amnesty and get low enough for Nene?

Don't get my hopes up on that one, lol. Monroe and Nene would be a great front line for years to come.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

Detroit Pistons President of Basketball Operations Joe Dumars announced today that the team has waived guard Richard Hamilton.

According to the Associated Press, “The move was made Monday after both sides agreed to terms of a buyout, which saved the rebuilding team $4 million in salary cap space this season and $4 million more next season. Hamilton was due to make $19 million over the final two years of his contract in Detroit.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?paged=2#ixzz1gVDDr99z
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: