Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Default Greg Monroe debate...

Long term, would you prefer Monroe to man the Centre or Power Forward position? At the moment it seems like he could go either way...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Greg Monroe debate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Long term, would you prefer Monroe to man the Centre or Power Forward position? At the moment it seems like he could go either way...
I think he needs another big next to him, sorta like a twin towers. If there was a way to move any package not including him, JJ or knight for Cousins and fillers, I do it. Monroe will continue to improve his high post offense and he really needs a more athletic big man behind him on defense IMO.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I think he needs another big next to him, sorta like a twin towers. If there was a way to move any package not including him, JJ or knight for Cousins and fillers, I do it. Monroe will continue to improve his high post offense and he really needs a more athletic big man behind him on defense IMO.

I agree. I see him more as a power forward as he feel he will develop into a better player through this position.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

I would much rather him develop as a big PF such as Pau and Duncan have become. Both those guys could play Centre easy, but they are more effective with a defensive anchor backing them. Monroe would be bigger than 95% of power forwards and would be able to take advantage of that... We need a legit defensive anchor to man the C, any ideas?....

p.s Cousins and Monroe would make for the best front court in the L in 2 years time... I would give up stuckey and a pick for him considering Knight is looking like a stud....
Old 01-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
WBynumToTheHole
I hit open layups

I don't think Sacramento is going to give up on Cousins just yet. But I'd love to have him.

Okafor - Can play D. With Kaman in NO he might be had for Stuckey and Charlie V. But do we really want to trade Stuckey for a guy with an injury history and limited offense like Okafor? Maybe Tayshaun?

Javale McGee - If the Wizards blow up the team theres a chance... but not likely

Mehmet Okur - He can play D, he can shoot, and might be had?

Jordan Hill - Athletic young center

some ideas, or we wait for the draft. I agree with the twin tower idea, and Greg as a Duncan-esque PF.
WBynumToTheHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

^^ I agree with your views,

At this stage, Okafor isn't worth Stucky, but wouldn't mind landing him for Charlie V and a second rounder...

I wouldn't touch Javale, somthing tells me he would be hard to coach...

I would be willing to take a chance with Jordan Hill, he was the 8th pick 2 years ago, 6 foot 10, 240 pounds, can give him about 1000 hours of ben wallace tape to watch. He is a good defensive player who I could see developing real nicely along side Monroe. Hill comes across as a blue collar work horse with a good attitude...
Old 01-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
Kombo
:)

I'd do Charlie for Okafor in a heart beat.

We will be drafting early and this draft is loaded with frontcourt players so I wouldn't trade away Stuckey for a question mark or aging big.

Anthony Davis would look pretty awesome next to Monroe. Right now Drummond says he's going back to school (that could change when he's set to be the #1 overall pick).
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Monroe really reminds me of Pau Gasol in a lot of ways, who happens to be better at the PF position. He can play C but is more comfortable with another big next to him. I think if we can land one more big man in the draft we'll be set.

One thing that's frustrating to me is everybody wants all these second tier sort of players. Why makes trades that won't turn Detroit into a contender again. We're not going to lure a top free agent. There's nobody that we can trade for that will make us an elite team in the Eastern conference. The only way we can get significantly better is through the draft. Let's suck this year and get a top 5 pick next year. With another awesome draft we'll have Monroe, Knight, Stuckey Prince, and said draft pick. That will be a solid team.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
I would much rather him develop as a big PF such as Pau and Duncan have become. Both those guys could play Centre easy, but they are more effective with a defensive anchor backing them. Monroe would be bigger than 95% of power forwards and would be able to take advantage of that... We need a legit defensive anchor to man the C, any ideas?....

p.s Cousins and Monroe would make for the best front court in the L in 2 years time... I would give up stuckey and a pick for him considering Knight is looking like a stud....
yeah, when I heard that trade request last month, I said that joe better be moving anyone on the roster outside of monroe to make it happen. I would hate to see JJ or knight leave, but other than that....
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

I really don't think they want to trade Cousins though. That would be an amazing front court. Plus with another lottery pick this year, we'd be set.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: