Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: NBA 2k12 very flawed compared to FIFA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
You can change sliders for online games?
Nope, one of many things the 2K devs removed from online play this year. They will probably tout this as a new feature for 2K13.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lack of online sliders is an issue. Offline you can adjust, tinker with them to give yourself a realistic gameplay vs the cpu. Online? Not so much. I'm in an Online Association league. It was ridiculous how the cpu made everything. Sometimes people say that and exagerrate. I played the Pacers. They shot 74% at halftime, and 69% as a team at games end. I'm not a bad defensive player where the reason they shot this high is due to them being open. Dahntay f*cking Jones was 6-6 on the night, 3-3 from downtown. He even had a 3 ALBALLER spoke on. Shotclock winding down, my hands are up (I use shotstick to put them up rather than block in this situation) and in my face WITH a back pedal? No, just no. Luck? Every dog has its day? Yeah ok. I get a comfortable double digit lead on the cpu. And its inevitable that they come back. I'm not making the cpu out to be this unbeatable thing. Just saying I personally like to play sports games with a realistic feel to it. I dont get that with online play vs cpu.

This includes My Player.

I agree with ace, I have a feeling 2k13 will push this "We give you the ability to change sliders online guys" thing. I hope 2k13 fixes the issues of 2k12. I hope they put modes that were in 2k11, not in 2k12 BACK in 2k13. I hope the DLC thing was a one time thing due to lockout. Please do not go the way of EA.

My criticism of 2k12 is based on the fact it was sold the best bball game ever. Its not so much to say the game is crap or whatever. Just the fact I was told by 2k, by game reviewers how fantastic and 2 steps above 2k11 it was and its not. So I'm speaking on some of the not. I still have fun with the game vs people. But there are things that need to be fixed.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Lack of online sliders is an issue. Offline you can adjust, tinker with them to give yourself a realistic gameplay vs the cpu. Online? Not so much. I'm in an Online Association league. It was ridiculous how the cpu made everything. Sometimes people say that and exagerrate. I played the Pacers. They shot 74% at halftime, and 69% as a team at games end. I'm not a bad defensive player where the reason they shot this high is due to them being open. Dahntay f*cking Jones was 6-6 on the night, 3-3 from downtown. He even had a 3 ALBALLER spoke on. Shotclock winding down, my hands are up (I use shotstick to put them up rather than block in this situation) and in my face WITH a back pedal? No, just no. Luck? Every dog has its day? Yeah ok. I get a comfortable double digit lead on the cpu. And its inevitable that they come back. I'm not making the cpu out to be this unbeatable thing. Just saying I personally like to play sports games with a realistic feel to it. I dont get that with online play vs cpu.

This includes My Player.

I agree with ace, I have a feeling 2k13 will push this "We give you the ability to change sliders online guys" thing. I hope 2k13 fixes the issues of 2k12. I hope they put modes that were in 2k11, not in 2k12 BACK in 2k13. I hope the DLC thing was a one time thing due to lockout. Please do not go the way of EA.

My criticism of 2k12 is based on the fact it was sold the best bball game ever. Its not so much to say the game is crap or whatever. Just the fact I was told by 2k, by game reviewers how fantastic and 2 steps above 2k11 it was and its not. So I'm speaking on some of the not. I still have fun with the game vs people. But there are things that need to be fixed.
I don't think it's 2 steps better, but slightly. I'm still getting used to the controls as far as iso motion and the different layups and moves you can do mid-range.

Haven't played vs. the CPU much yet so I'll have to see when I do.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #19
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yup I think they're going to do that: introduce online sliders like it's a new feature. Hell they might do the same thing with crew. Put it back in the game, add a couple of useless features then act like it's revolutionary.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #20
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

PES 2005 on the PC > FIFA 12

Still one of my all-time favorite sports games.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #21
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As long as 2k13 adds more positive things to the association and works more on defense/realism I'll be happy.

Also, a My Player that doesn't suck would be great.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

probably because you dont know shit about soccer
fifa 12 is far from a simulation and probably the game with zhe worst ai ever
2k12 has its flaws but its a lot better than fifa
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #23
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

I do think it's flawed, but only in some aspects of the game. I have to reduce mine and the cpu's sliders just because we're hitting 3s and midrange j's like money. Man-to-man defense is really not a problem. If the AI sets a high pick, be ready to move your player one step ahead.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Some of you guys sound like your missing the patch that fixed shooting percentages. Before the patch I had teams shooting 70% in a game and guys making 60% 3pt shooting at the end of the year, after the patch my shooting % are ALOT more realistic. I don't have people making automatic shot clock beating 3pts anymore either all fixed now.
Fifa is alot of fun until you work out the easy ways to score then it's just way to easy.
outbreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #25
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
probably because you dont know shit about soccer
fifa 12 is far from a simulation and probably the game with zhe worst ai ever
2k12 has its flaws but its a lot better than fifa
Very good point. I've never looked at it like that.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: