Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation
Default Hibbert vs Oden vs Tibbett vs Baby Davis

Which one of these great college centers will have a better NBA career and why???

Hibbert because he has the body to bang and he can do it all block shots, rebound, pass and score...not #1 pick material but a quality center..
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation
Default Re: Hibbert vs Oden vs Tibbett vs Baby Davis

Who the christ is Tibbett? And no, Hibbert won't be half the pro Oden is. He'll be a quality pro, though.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thabeet? lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Who the christ is Tibbett? And no, Hibbert won't be half the pro Oden is. He'll be a quality pro, though.

Kid from Uconn.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

In fairness to me, he did misspell "Thabeet" by about five letters.

And it's too early to say how good of an NBA player that kid's gonna be.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:08 AM   #6
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Thabeet is a "great" college center? The center position must officially be dead.

To answer the question, Oden by far. Hibbert and Hawes will be the next two picked I think, and I also think they will be close in terms of pros. Thabeet could be up there, but there is no predicting what he will be. I think Aaron Gray will go first round and could be a steal, and NBAdraft.net has Jason Smith in the 1st round.

And to clear things up, I don't think Noah, Glen Davis, Fazekas, and guys like that will be NBA centers.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #7
duke30
I airball my layups

duke30 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
Which one of these great college centers will have a better NBA career and why???

Hibbert because he has the body to bang and he can do it all block shots, rebound, pass and score...not #1 pick material but a quality center..

are you tryin to say that Oden cant do any of that, oden would dominate him any day.
duke30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Glen Davis belongs NOWHERE near this conversation. His game will not translate to the NBA, although he had a solid Collegiete career. Thabeet willl be nothing more then a weakside shot blocker if he declares this season, so it's all down to Roy Hibbert and Greg Oden. It's not that big of a difference between these two in my opinion, so it all values on which of these big men's game's translate better into the NBA, which I think will be none's enough for them to be as great as expected, at least in Greg's case. Oden will be the better pro though.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:39 AM   #9
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

If Glen Davis can make more strides in improving his body like he did from his sophomore to junior year, he can play in the NBA. How much is there that Sean May does that Glen Davis can't do? Or Udonis Haslem, who was a chunky kid at Florida who transformed his body?
Old 03-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #10
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

I mixed him and Hibbert up
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jim Rome said Hibbert was a better player than Greg Oden

I love Rome is burning but that was just dumb. Wish i could call him out on that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: