Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #46
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: the fantastic 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubu05
You're right. Your gripe with Melo has been some "inferiority complex" that he seems to have developed overnight. That he feels he needs to score on every possession and will have problems playing off his point guard even though this issue has never been displayed in his NBA career. People have questioned Melo's lack of hustle defensively, his ability to make teammates better, but now hurting his teammates? And being stubborn and not wanting to play off his PG? This is definitely something new.

Yeah, getting defensive about what he can or can't do definitely has nothing to do with you being a Knicks fan or anything. Nevermind stuff like this, obviously. Going 10 for 30 and freezing out your star teammate in the process isn't about being a 'bad playmaker' or 'poor facilitator'... it's about taking ill advised shots. Christ, even JR Smith passes.

I love how this whole dumb debate started with me actually paying your team a compliment.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #47
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Yeah, getting defensive about what he can or can't do definitely has nothing to do with you being a Knicks fan or anything. Nevermind stuff like this, obviously. Going 10 for 30 and freezing out your star teammate in the process isn't about being a 'bad playmaker' or 'poor facilitator'... it's about taking ill advised shots. Christ, even JR Smith passes.

I love how this whole dumb debate started with me actually paying your team a compliment.

he played against his old team... he was trying to prove a point but failed. ish happens.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #48
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett
he played against his old team... he was trying to prove a point but failed. ish happens.

11 of 26 the night before against Milwaukee... 2 assists, Amar'e for 15 points.

10 of 26 in a loss against Chicago... 3 assists.

Funny thing is I'm not even trash talking the guy. I like Melo's game and think he'll be a more effective scorer than Wade and LeBron when he begins to decline. I just don't get this peanut gallery of fan-boys thing that happens for star players every time they get criticized by the media or other fans.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #49
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

Quote:
I'm convinced that people who question how Melo could potentially hurt this team don't even really watch basketball.

But we have seen melo on those USA teams. And we have a leader and a coach who wants ball movement.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #50
fubu05
Say Word?

fubu05 is considered somewhat coolfubu05 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Don't you understand. We keep coming back to the PG issue. Why was he in that situation? Because the Knicks had no PG, and Melo had to be the PG. It's just not what he does. Melo isn't that type of player. Melo is not Larry Bird, he is Alex English/Bernard King.

Now that the Knicks have a PG, for some reason you seem to think that Melo will hurt the team even though he hasn't had trouble playing off PGs before in his career? Unbelievable. I love how people like to point the blame at Melo for this season when the 2nd best player on the team has become a 6'11 jumpshooter without a PG.

With Lin, not only will Amar'e flourish, but so will Melo.

I understand Melo's criticisms. He's not as good defensively as some want him to be, and he isn't the best playmaker. But this latest one, that he won't be able to play alongside Lin and Amar'e? That is actually unwarranted.
fubu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #51
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this boardknickswin is popular on this board

melo doesn't need a pg. but mike d'antoni and amar'e stoudemire need a pg.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #52
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

Quote:
And as I've already said repeatedly, my gripe with Melo has never been his struggles as a playmaker.

The reason why hes hugging the ball is because hes tired of douglas and shumpert taking 20 shots while making only 5 because dantoni gives them the green light. He rather take those shots rather than being wasted coz amare has no confidence in his shot early in the season coz he added muscles which messed up his shooting touch.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #53
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

here's a (imo) realistic take on why melo will thrive playing with lin.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #54
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

KBryant24 has not been impressing people

the reason the Knicks have won 5 straight is their strong team defense.
i hope you all realize that once amare and melo come back the team will go back to playing no defense.
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #55
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBryant24
the reason the Knicks have won 5 straight is their strong team defense.
i hope you all realize that once amare and melo come back the team will go back to playing no defense.
eh, the defense was fine even before linsanity, but it got better now.
the offense was instant eye cancer if you watched them.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #56
MAC system
Serious playground baller

MAC system has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Hogging the ball for majority of the possession and then passing it to an open teammate at the last second does not mean he's moving the ball.

The Kobe system
MAC system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #57
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC system
The Kobe system
that's more the lebron system dawg. the Kobe system consists on no passing the ball whatsoever .
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: