Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #31
TrueRob
LAL & LAC

Default Re: kevin loves 25.6 ppg and 13.9 rebounds

26/14, those are dominant stats. But, Love can't dominate in isolation like the other guys that average 25+ ppg. He just kinda.... gets points throughout the course of the game. That's why his points seem 'quiet.' His rebounding seems quiet sometimes since he's not exactly a menace in the paint.
TrueRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:16 AM   #32
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
but tim duncan is fun to watch
not sure if serious
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #33
YAWN
NBA All-star

MVP KG numbers! Minus the blocks, steals, assists, and defense.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #34
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

i dunno man, i seen him shoot too many 3s. i bet once he develops a true low post game, the media will start jumping on his bandwagon. remember how dirk barely got any love from BSPN while he was beasting early in his career?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #35
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Really...if you replace him with a healthy David Lee...does anyone expect the level of Minnesotas play to take a major hit? Or Grizzlies/Hawks Shareef Abdur-Rahim? Wizards Juwan Howard?

Its hard to judge players when their team doesnt do much of anything.

Not like he stands out as a guy dominating but being letdown by scrubs around him like Tmac in Orlando. You watch him play....at the end hes got 24/13 or so and its....whatever.

Its impressive to produce at that rate in the NBA. But that doesnt mean hes even nearly as effective as his numbers suggest.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #36
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Really...if you replace him with a healthy David Lee...does anyone expect the level of Minnesotas play to take a major hit? Or Grizzlies/Hawks Shareef Abdur-Rahim? Wizards Juwan Howard?

Its hard to judge players when their team doesnt do much of anything.

Not like he stands out as a guy dominating but being letdown by scrubs around him like Tmac in Orlando. You watch him play....at the end hes got 24/13 or so and its....whatever.

Its impressive to produce at that rate in the NBA. But that doesnt mean hes even nearly as effective as his numbers suggest.

First, let's not disrespect David Lee like he's a scrub or something. Second, the Wolves are playing a lot better this season and I'd be surprised if they don't finish over .500 (Having a decent point guard is doing wonders). He didn't break out until last season and look at the talent on that roster (or lack thereof), I don't think Lebron James himself would make them a playoff team. He's putting up huge numbers this year and the second best player on his team is a rookie point guard who can't shoot. Take Love off this team and here is your starting lineup:

Ricky Rubio
Wayne Ellington
Michael Beasely
Derrick Williams
Nicola Pekovic

Do you honestly see this team going .500 or competing for a playoff spot? Empty numbers? I think not. You can't put up 26 and 14 and not be having a huge impact on the game.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:25 AM   #37
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

If I were going to call Love a scrub I wouldnt have mentioned Lee at all. But he sure as hell isnt some special player.

And yes. You can put up 26/14 and not have a huge impact. Plenty of players have scored around that and not mattered much and people have rebounded well and not mattered. Its not often both are done at once but not inconceivable. The same points are going to be scored for the most part. Your impact isnt in the numbers alone but the skills that allow you to generate them.

Love can shoot and he has great hands. He can rebound and....cares to do so. But hes not an impact player on defense.

Plenty of players with less numbers friendly skills have greater use as far as making a team play well on one end or both.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #38
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Quote:
If I were going to call Love a scrub I wouldnt have mentioned Lee at all. But he sure as hell isnt some special player.

And yes. You can put up 26/14 and not have a huge impact. Plenty of players have scored around that and not mattered much and people have rebounded well and not mattered. Its not often both are done at once but not inconceivable. The same points are going to be scored for the most part. Your impact isnt in the numbers alone but the skills that allow you to generate them.

Love can shoot and he has great hands. He can rebound and....cares to do so. But hes not an impact player on defense.

Plenty of players with less numbers friendly skills have greater use as far as making a team play well on one end or both.

Basically a power forward Monta Ellis.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #39
DRose1899
Banned

Wow even kblaze feeling the same as I dunno, glad at least I'm not alone..

I dunno man Love is just absurd to me, how the hell you can say someone putting 26/14 is have no impact n seems quiet? that doesn't make sense at all but you watch him n you gonna think like that. Its seems he making point in the worst time possible, when team just exchanging basket or something, see even this post not making sense.

26/14 is number that not inferior as Lebron and Dwight have, but we all can agree Love not near as good to both of them, put either one in wolves n they gonna be much better team, that alone make you can say Love not as good as his stat suggest.
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #40
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

Quote:

So how many wins would you say this lineup gives you:

Ricky Rubio
Wayne Ellington
Michael Beasely
Derrick Williams
Nicola Pekovic

Subract that number from the number of wins the Timberwolves end up with this season and then you'll get a better idea of what his impact is.

My own opinion on how many wins that lineup gets you in a 66 game season: 15-20. I expect they'll win at least 30 games with Love.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:31 AM   #41
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

love is a top 3 PF in the game. after that, you can say whatever. he's one of the best outlet passers in the league, but it's not going to make someone jump out of their seats. just because a guy is 'quiet' doesn't mean he isn't making an impact. i compare it to a boxer with a good jab. just because he isn't throwing haymakers doesn't mean he's not jabbing your face off or not countering.

the next evolution in love's game is to start taking over late. it is, after all, what superstars do. also, i'd like to see him shoot less 3's. yes, he's very capable but he actually does have post moves that he can rely on. i'd rather have him in the high post or low block unless you just have to spread the floor. i don't like him taking that many 3's. i think that is best for elite 3 point shooters.

i'm not going to sit here and diminish his presence though because of team record, which is well on the way to surpassing expectations. many picked minny to be a lottery pick, not just sitting on the outside of the playoffs. and yes, rubio and adelman help, but love has improved as well. a rebounding stretch 4 that passes well and doesn't make many mistakes will do that for you. this isn't bargnani.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 02-13-2012 at 05:35 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #42
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

Kevin Love is a the forward version of Kevin Martin, both get their stats but you barely notice them. Never been a fan of his.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: