Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-03-2006, 01:17 AM   #76
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYOrangeMan
Hmm, honestly; I hope he doesnt re-sign with the Cavs / Re-signs then trade? Maybe the Sixers could draw up a trade involving the AIs for LeBron. LeBron + Benny Wallace + Dalembert?
Just my 2 cents....
I'm sure people that are not Cavs fans probably don't care or want him to go elsewhere.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:25 AM   #77
SYOrangeMan
I brick open layups

SYOrangeMan has an OK reputation so far

Yup. Not a Cavs fan.
SYOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #78
funky2dope
I airball my layups

funky2dope has an OK reputation so far

I don't think he is going anywhere. It's just his management being funny.
funky2dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:31 AM   #79
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Why would he reject an almost 80 million five year contract? It just doesnt make sense
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:50 AM   #80
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Lebron isn't going anywhere! Stupid rumors. He will be inking that contract extension very soon. Yes, I'm a Cavs fan and proud of it. The best basketball player in the world will be in Cleveland for a long time.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:32 AM   #81
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

He gets a lot more money from sponsors if he moves to a big market team. I think the pay raise from the sponsor is so substantial (I've heard upto 60 mill from someone, not sure if true) that the Cav's ability of being able to offer that little more money or an extra year might not matter too much to him. The decision for him is if he wants to stay to keep playin for the homtown team or bolt to a team like the Lakers/Knicks and become the poster child for the NBA/Corporate America.

That's why I think a Cavs/Laker trade makes most sense. Kincks don't have anything to offer. Lakers can almost give back most and be assured that they'll be able to keep the guy they just traded for beyond his contract.

Lebron has Laker written all over him. Those bastards always end up getting all the HOFers because of the city.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:54 AM   #82
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
He gets a lot more money from sponsors if he moves to a big market team.

New York
Chicago
Los Angeles
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:19 AM   #83
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Ummm.. LeBron CANNOT get any more money then the 80mil he's been offered. It's impossible. And it's not going to get any more possible any time sooner. He could (i guess) opt to play the final two years in his rookie contract. For like 3 and 5 mil and then become a restricted agent where he could earn 6 years 90 mil or something but that's only with the Cavs anyway. Nobody turns down that kind of money. If you want out of somewhere you chuck a Vince and stop playing or a Zo and refuse to report. LeBron aint going nowhere. Especially not the Bobcats.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:30 AM   #84
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs up Pace yourself for me...Maybe please

Damn these freaking people. They get paid so much.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:33 AM   #85
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySupermanOnSteroids posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
He gets a lot more money from sponsors if he moves to a big market team. I think the pay raise from the sponsor is so substantial (I've heard upto 60 mill from someone, not sure if true) that the Cav's ability of being able to offer that little more money or an extra year might not matter too much to him. The decision for him is if he wants to stay to keep playin for the homtown team or bolt to a team like the Lakers/Knicks and become the poster child for the NBA/Corporate America.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:39 AM   #86
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

One scandal and all those sponsorship dollars are gone. Ask Kobe how much money he gets from sponsors these days. People always take the garuanteed money. And there is absolutely no way that either the Knicks or the Lakers (or any big market team for that matter) could get far enough under the cap to make a reasonable offer. Plus I believe that the extra marketing dollars might not be as much as everyone make them out to be. With a guy like Lebron his team is going to get tv slots and publicity whether he plays in New York or Milwaukee.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:43 AM   #87
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

I'm under the impression that the sponsor money IS gauranteed money. Unless they now throw in some clause saying that if you run around raping white girls we can pull your money.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:13 AM   #88
SYOrangeMan
I brick open layups

SYOrangeMan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm under the impression that the sponsor money IS gauranteed money. Unless they now throw in some clause saying that if you run around raping white girls we can pull your money.

SYOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: