Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Default Lopez Out Three Weeks With Ankle Sprain

Quote:
The news wasn't as bad as it could have been. Brook Lopez didn't suffer an injury associated with his broken right foot, but instead a severe ankle sprain that will keep him out and in a walking boot for three weeks, or one week past the trade deadline, the Nets have announced. The Nets are expected to reevaluate him again on March 23.

Lopez missed the first 32 games of the season after Dec. 23 surgery to repair a fracture of the right fifth metatarsal of his right foot.
We may have seen Brook's last game as a Net last night. Back to Petro and Williams at center for now.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/3/5/28...h-ankle-sprain
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Default Re: Lopez Out Three Weeks With Ankle Sprain

Why must our luck be so bad.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
gigantes
‪ ‪

i'm too tired right now to paste in a facepalm gif. but it's there alright.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

Damn this injury has me worried about Lopez now. Anyways it's pretty much a guarantee that Dwight comes to us in FA. But Brooks value is going to go down if he keeps getting injured like this. He averaged like 3 rebounds coming back from his broken foot. What's next? 1, maybe 2?
Get well Lopez.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
gigantes
‪ ‪

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Damn this injury has me worried about Lopez now. Anyways it's pretty much a guarantee that Dwight comes to us in FA. But Brooks value is going to go down if he keeps getting injured like this. He averaged like 3 rebounds coming back from his broken foot. What's next? 1, maybe 2?
Get well Lopez.
i'd like to believe that, but i just can't.

too many variables and twists and turns to this process. plus, just a few days ago dwight said he would stay with the magic if they could get him steve nash. dwight is as narcissistic and flighty as ever, it seems.

this summer we could wind up with both d-will and howard signed to long contracts, or with both of them gone. only way to know for sure is when it happens...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

I read that Howard wants Nash but my opinion on it is, what the hell is Nash going to do for the Magic.. The Magic will lose in the first round, if not they will be a guaranteed second round exit. I agree gigantes, I hate how Howard always says something different each week too.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star

Oh again... I am so tired of this piece of junk now, wont offer more than 6M a year for an extension contract next season. Lets hope Dwight will walk off as FA from Orlando and signs with us.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
gigantes
‪ ‪

@VC3,
not sure why you're so hard on steve nash. he's still an incredibly effective PG and would be a sizeable upgrade over nelson or whoever the magic have at the point these days. also, it doesn't really matter whether he would work out for them or not; it's more about howard getting his ego stoked after years of not being consulted on orlando's personnel decisions. that's what we have to be worried about. but having said that, i don't see what resources the magic have to pry nash loose.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I read that Howard wants Nash but my opinion on it is, what the hell is Nash going to do for the Magic.. The Magic will lose in the first round, if not they will be a guaranteed second round exit. I agree gigantes, I hate how Howard always says something different each week too.
They would lose some precious depth and role players getting Nash. Ryan Anderson almost being a lock to being included. probably, JJ, Anderson, and Nelson. They are all just role players, but they all have important roles for the magic. Nash makes his teammates better though. So I'm not sure how it would be.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: