Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #31
Pakalolo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: OT: AS Roma Versus Manchester United Champions League Play Airing Right Now On ES

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
Yep... you're right.. and then there were thos guys.. don't remember where they where from.. that during a final killed almost 40 fans of the other team by stamping on them.. where were they from.. oh, yes. Liverpool. England is a disgrace.

And then there where this guys, you know, that last year kept hitting each other and burning and putting to war an entire city.. suburbs of paris..ban...ban something.. oh, yep! Banlieu.. France is a disgrace..

and then.. hmm. there were this guys all dressed in white that kept burning churches and black people, possibly together.. but you know what.. I can't remembere where they were from.. could you help me there?

orfeomofeo.

Pah! at nationalisms and racisms.

Idiot, Heysel was more than twenty years ago, whereas yesterday was, umm.. yesterday. Face it, Italian fans are [and everyone knows it outside of Italy] teh worst at the moment. Be proud of it...
Pakalolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #32
Ansu Sesay
I airball my layups

Default Re: OT: AS Roma Versus Manchester United Champions League Play Airing Right Now On ES

I'm italian and i think that italian SOCCER fans are the worst.
But not the fans of other sports, like basketball.
I'm from NAPLES, the italian city of SOCCER thanks Maradona.
Our soccer fans are really bad.
But we have a really good basketball team (that won the italian cup last year and made the euroleague championship). Basket fans are the best.
Not think that italians are the worst.
just a part is really bad.

For example in greece ALL sport championships are closed because their fans are really bad!
Ansu Sesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:13 AM   #33
orfeomorfeo-ita
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakalolo
Idiot, Heysel was more than twenty years ago, whereas yesterday was, umm.. yesterday. Face it, Italian fans are [and everyone knows it outside of Italy] teh worst at the moment. Be proud of it...

Idiot. Judging a population through a small category of people that it includes is such a stupidity that it can only be excused if you're lookin' something to say as a pretext to have a quarrel.
If you want to say that italian fans are bad people, be my guest.. I don't care about football. But judge italian rooters, not italian people, because there's a big difference. Otherwise, as I tried to make clear, everyone should feel authorized to judge US people through the gangsters, the french through the fighters in the banlieus, and so forth.

The fact is that violence is a drug for populations. They seek it, they need it, in any way, with any excuse. US gangsters fight for "da hood", italian ultras fight for the team, hooligans are still feared in any city they may have an excuse to go outside UK, hindis fight for cricket teams..violence is in human DNA, and where education is lacking, it floats up to the surface.

What should be said ain't "italy is a disgrace", but "human race is a disgrace".
orfeomorfeo-ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #34
Soccer10
Banned

Well, I didn't quite mean to say that Italy is a disgrace although I"ll tell you right now that I'm not a fan of the politics in Italy and people who had key positions in your government and a lot of other things but what I really meant to say was that a football in Italy is a disgrace, more than a disgrace in fact.

First of all, your fans are by far the worst, especially in Rome although the other parts of countries aren't far behind.
If you know anything about Roma ultras you do know that they're fan of knives. If you know anything about SS Lazio fans and some of their players you know that they're racist scumbags.
In fact, a lot of Italian football fans are racists to start with....if you can even call them football fans or just idiots who know that through football they can do their houligan act.
If you ever been to Rome you can easily separate football fans from normal people.
It's not like there isn't any violence elsewhere but violence in Italy is always a matter.

Besides we all know about corruption and things of that nature that don't only happen in football but since we're talking about football here...

Where else in the world do teams buy championships? Where else do the teams win championships by managers buying games from the ref organization?

There was and still is so much corruption in Italy that it's not even funny.

To put it simply, you have lot of issues.

I mean, people die in the Southern Italy on football matches and the year is 2007.

But it's not just football

Berlusconi basically owns half of the country.

How can a prime minister of such a big country own perhaps the biggest football team in the world, a huge car brand company and most importantly the premium TV networks that clearly helped his propoganda in order to win the elections. When a politician can control the media you know that a lot is wrong.
Unbelieveable. Not to mention all the mafia people that he's been connected to.

There are also things I don't like but they're even more serious so I won't get into it.

As good as Italy is and especially the famous triangle you do have a lot of issues and it's not only football that I'm talking about.

And trust me I know. I need to get into my car and in 5 hours I'm in Trieste where I usually go but Venece and Udine are just around the corner basically. I can also get to Ancona even quciker.

I've been to most parts ot Italy and your country is beautiful but I don't think that you can deny all the issues that you cleary have or had in the very recent past.

There are definitely problems in football and politics all over the world but as a member of the G7 I think Italy definitely stands out.

As for your football style lol.... due parole: Freaking Boring....lol

Anyway, I think you guys need some strict laws or something big in order not to be considered a shame in the world because that's where your football is right now IMO because of fans riots and corruption

A mali estremi estremi rimedi...

Your country doesn't have a good reputation world wide when it comes to football, that much is sure. Do something about it. I think only a drastic law could change things.

Last edited by Soccer10 : 04-05-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #35
Pakalolo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
Idiot. Judging a population through a small category of people that it includes is such a stupidity that it can only be excused if you're lookin' something to say as a pretext to have a quarrel.
If you want to say that italian fans are bad people, be my guest.. I don't care about football. But judge italian rooters, not italian people, because there's a big difference. Otherwise, as I tried to make clear, everyone should feel authorized to judge US people through the gangsters, the french through the fighters in the banlieus, and so forth.

The fact is that violence is a drug for populations. They seek it, they need it, in any way, with any excuse. US gangsters fight for "da hood", italian ultras fight for the team, hooligans are still feared in any city they may have an excuse to go outside UK, hindis fight for cricket teams..violence is in human DNA, and where education is lacking, it floats up to the surface.

What should be said ain't "italy is a disgrace", but "human race is a disgrace".
That's why I said Italian soccer FANS, and not only Italians. Of course I know that it would be ridiculous to judge an entire population just because of their soccer fans. And I don't care about this because of morality, but because of the potential danger. Italian teams should be excluded from European tournaments until their fans aren't potential murderers and/or they don't need riot police in the stadiums.

I don't have anything against Italians per se...
Pakalolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #36
orfeomorfeo-ita
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Well, I didn't quite mean to say that Italy is a disgrace although I"ll tell you right now that I'm not a fan of the politics in Italy and people who had key positions in your government and a lot of other things but what I really meant to say was that a football in Italy is a disgrace, more than a disgrace in fact.

I don't like football. I used to root for juventus, but I got bored by football (wherever it's played) long before what happened last summer. I'm an athlete and athlethic instructor, I like watching swimming, skiing, biathlon, tennis, basketball, american football, rugby.. etc. etc. ... on tv, and I find that each of this sport is more interesting than football is right now.

Quote:

First of all, your fans are by far the worst, especially in Rome although the other parts of countries aren't far behind.

Thato goes to my paragraph about violence. Saying that football is national sport in Italy is not clear enough. The disproportion between football and "other sports" is embarassing. It's more than obvious that football has become the target for all violence instincts repressed in every day life. And you have no idea of what happens during children football games.

Quote:
If you know anything about Roma ultras you do know that they're fan of knives. If you know anything about SS Lazio fans and some of their players you know that they're racist scumbags.

I know a few fans of both teams, and this you just reported is a kind of urban legend.. it's not false.. it's just exagerated if you describe this way the whole cathegory. What they lack, unfortunately, is the capability to isolate and ostracize the violent ones.

Quote:

It's not like there isn't any violence elsewhere but violence in Italy is always a matter.

Why do you say that?

Quote:
Where else in the world do teams buy championships? Where else do the teams win championships by managers buying games from the ref organization?

Ehr? Everywhere? there's many ways to show a lack of honesty. What Michigan did a few years ago, what Barry Bonds did, what Ben Johnson did...

I don't have time to answer about the rest.

orfeomorfeo
orfeomorfeo-ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:48 AM   #37
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

rooney is a soldier
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: