Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #46
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The season couldn't have gone any worse

Here's the problem...He's NOT getting 15 minutes a game. He's playing 20 and he'd probably be playing even more had he not gotten injured. I guess where we differ is talent vs hustle. You can make a talented player hustle through good coaching. You can't make a player, only good for hustling, talented. Contrary to belief, the Knicks problems haven't been getting Crawford, Marbury, Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph etc. The Knicks main problems have been relying on heavy minutes from guys like Ward, Eisley, Oakley, Jeffries, Douglas, Duhon,etc. Guys who are overhyped because the give effort, but people completely ignore their lack of talent. This isn't little league. You don't get a participation certificate and a trophy like everyone else. You're competing against the best and you need to be talented to do so. Jeffries is a liability. Yall claim he's a "great help defender" 1st and foremost, stop throwing the word great out. Jeffries doesn't do ANYTHING great. Great is Patrick Ewing (who the media and fans crucified btw). 2nd, Jeffries may do some things well in help defense but he can't guard his own man.. Therefore, he's a liability. People just dismiss the fact that he sucks offensively. Correct me if I'm wrong, this is basketball right? You don't have a DH. This isn't football either. You don't get to substitute offense for defense. I don't get how the same people ripping D'Antoni (and deservingly so), can then turn around and praise Jeffries. Everytime Jeffries is on the court, we are playing 4 on 5 offensively and sometimes defensively.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #47
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Actually It's a team game, meaning different players will bring a different facet to the game.

Jeffries brings something to the table......effort and defense.

Not to compare, but Ben Wallace was a complete offensive liability, he brings great defense, at times, even he was a liability.

Worst free throw shooter in NBA history.

Shaq as great as he was, was a liability at times.

The point is Jeffries does his task for the 10-15 minutes he's paid for every single game.

If he plays more than that, that's not on him.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #48
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Honestly I don't know what the players have been talking about, but lately they have been playing some pretty good basketball.

I think the team definitely needs to string together some wins soon though.

No time better than beating the brakes off the Nets tonite at the Garden.

The team has nine absolutely winnable game in this month of February coming up.

Take care of the business and the team can at least get back to .500.

I don't think this squad is this bad, I really don't.

No way they win 40 games like I thought they would, but then again I didn't think they'd blow their cupcake schedule either.

Bumped again.

I just noticed something......

@ Clutch, you've made quite a few overreaction threads on here.

Good god young fella, have some damn faith.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Bumped again.

I just noticed something......

@ Clutch, you've made quite a few overreaction threads on here.

Good god young fella, have some damn faith.
This wasn't really an overreaction thread.

LIN WAS A DAY FROM GETTING CUT

If Lin never played that game against the Nets we wouldn't be even close to .500 now and our season would be in jeopardy.

So it was a pure luck we're here where we are now.

I guess we would be something like 12-18 without Lin,maybe even worse.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #50
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
This wasn't really an overreaction thread.

LIN WAS A DAY FROM GETTING CUT

If Lin never played that game against the Nets we wouldn't be even close to .500 now and our season would be in jeopardy.

So it was a pure luck we're here where we are now.

I guess we would be something like 12-18 without Lin,maybe even worse.
What team hasn't had a little luck?

Pau being gifted to the Lakers for unknown scraps.

Ask the Bulls in the '08 draft

Ask OKC how did it feel to pick "second".

Miami having Lebron's BFF on the their team?

Bottom line....... we were due for some of this same "luck".
Old 02-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #51
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What team hasn't had a little luck?

Pau being gifted to the Lakers for unknown scraps.

Ask the Bulls in the '08 draft

Ask OKC how did it feel to pick "second".

Miami having Lebron's BFF on the their team?

Bottom line....... we were due for some of this same "luck".
This wasn't just a little luck.

IT WAS A LUCK OF EPIC PROPORTIONS.

Nobody expected from Lin to turn this team around and without him it would have happen just what I predicted.

I know you want to make me feel embarrassed because of "overreaction threads" but actually I was right.

SORRY FOR NOT BEING A FORTUNE TELLER SO I COULD HAVE PREDICTED THAT SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN THE NBA WOULD HAPPEN TO US.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #52
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
This wasn't just a little luck.

IT WAS A LUCK OF EPIC PROPORTIONS.

Nobody expected from Lin to turn this team around and without him it would have happen just what I predicted.

I know you want to make me feel embarrassed because of "overreaction threads" but actually I was right.

SORRY FOR NOT BEING A FORTUNE TELLER SO I COULD HAVE PREDICTED THAT SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN THE NBA WOULD HAPPEN TO US.
Actually I was just having a little fun going back in the past, as I've done on several occasions over the years, and ironically I noticed most of the overreaction came from a small handful.

It's not to attack you, so please do not ruffled as such.

No different than all the abuse I got for defending Jeffries when NOBODY WAS...... BUT ME.

And Lin was 100% x100 to the 100th power all luck, and total proof the NBA just like any other sport is scripted.

This kid has been getting bounced everywhere he's been, had to rely on his book smarts to get into basketball literally, got cut from two NBA teams, sent to the D-league IDK how many times, only to land on the biggest stage at the worst part of the season, where everything imaginable was going wrong, to a team with no pg?

And that isn't luck? This is the NBA version of winning the PowerBall!!!!

Like I said, my apologies if you think this is aimed at you directly, I do this every single year, my apologies.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #53
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Actually I was just having a little fun going back in the past, as I've done on several occasions over the years, and ironically I noticed most of the overreaction came from a small handful.

It's not to attack you, so please do not ruffled as such.

No different than all the abuse I got for defending Jeffries when NOBODY WAS...... BUT ME.

And Lin was 100% x100 to the 100th power all luck, and total proof the NBA just like any other sport is scripted.

This kid has been getting bounced everywhere he's been, had to rely on his book smarts to get into basketball literally, got cut from two NBA teams, sent to the D-league IDK how many times, only to land on the biggest stage at the worst part of the season, where everything imaginable was going wrong, to a team with no pg?

And that isn't luck? This is the NBA version of winning the PowerBall!!!!

Like I said, my apologies if you think this is aimed at you directly, I do this every single year, my apologies.
You're right,I took it personally when I shouldn't have.
Sorry.

Maybe I'm prone to overreacting but in many cases that's more of a way to show my frustrations or thoughts at the moment than saying things I really think.
It's not easy to wake up at 1am or later just to watch your team playing like complete trash.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #54
Clutch
Stop flopping

Time to bump this thread
Old 03-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #55
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I live near DC. I get Wizards home games and tickets. The season could go ALOT worse lol
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #56
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I live near DC. I get Wizards home games and tickets. The season could go ALOT worse lol
At least we would get a top5 pick
Old 03-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #57
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
At least we would get a top5 pick
Not necessarily.This isnt football.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: