Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #31
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Two slight areas of concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I attribute the Raptors game to us running out of gas. Furthermore, I think our shooting is off becuz our practices are probably 80% defense oriented. We may benefit by making some of our practices shoot arounds
I was thinking the same thing about the practices.

Probably very Thibbs-esque.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #32
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shooting has become a huge problem.
If not for Novak we would be the worst shooting team by far.
Lin cooled off,Melo can't hit anything from outside,Landry's jumpshot is broken,Iman isn't any better and J.R.Smith's shooting percentage isn't surprising because he takes step back fadeaway long jumpers. Same thing with Baron.

To make the long story short,nobody on this team besides Novak can't shoot.
Not even free throws.

If they don't fix it soon we might miss the playoffs and even if we get there we aren't going anywhere with that kind of shooting.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I was thinking the same thing about the practices.

Probably very Thibbs-esque.
Its to be expected though. I vividly remember both David Lee and Marbury saying when they would practice they almost never focused on defense. Essentially, Woodson is doing everything you would do as a new coach in the offseason, during the most important stretch of the season.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Its to be expected though. I vividly remember both David Lee and Marbury saying when they would practice they almost never focused on defense. Essentially, Woodson is doing everything you would do as a new coach in the offseason, during the most important stretch of the season.
Yup, I'm thinking Woodson believes the team will figure out how to score, but has to get the defense and effort down as a priority.

Last night, players weren't even expecting passes from players, and bobbled easy passes.

Clear sign they are working on the other side of the ball.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Look, our team starts an undersized shooting guard at the point, 2 small forwards, a power forward, and a center. Our backcourt can't shoot a lick from outside, and teams will pack the paint or play zone against us, until we can prove that we can knock em down from the perimeter.

Fields worked as a shooting guard with Gallo at the SF because he could cover up many of the deficiencies that Gallo had. But ever since Melo has been here, neither of them has played up to their abilities. Reason being, they are redundant on the court together.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #36
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe the biggest area of concern: Amare injured his back last night.

He said it's nothing to be worried about but I'm very worried. If I recall right he said that after game 2 of the playoffs and we all see how that played out.

Hopefully Amare is ok because with injured Amare and Melo shooting like crap this team won't go anywhere.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #37
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Maybe the biggest area of concern: Amare injured his back last night.

He said it's nothing to be worried about but I'm very worried. If I recall right he said that after game 2 of the playoffs and we all see how that played out.

Hopefully Amare is ok because with injured Amare and Melo shooting like crap this team won't go anywhere.
I disagree. Playoffs yes thats important regular season its about team ball.

Make the playoffs by any means possible then once there Amare and Melo has to prove their worth.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #38
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I disagree. Playoffs yes thats important regular season its about team ball.

Make the playoffs by any means possible then once there Amare and Melo has to prove their worth.
Let's not act like we are locked for the playoffs.

Even now the playoffs are in danger,and without healthy Amare there's even bigger chance we won't make it.
For example,we wouldn't have won against the Sixers without healthy Amare.

I hope Amare is ok but if his back problems affect his performances then we'll even have problems in the regular season,especially with how Melo has been shooting lately.

I agree that Melo and Amare need to prove their worth in the playoffs. But I must admit I'm concerned. We'll probably play against Chicago or Miami and without Melo being on elite scoring level (like he was during his career) we don't stand a chance.
Same thing with Amare,if he's hurt we'll have a lot of trouble.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-25-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You guys ready know how I feel about back injuries. I say let him rest as long as he needs to.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: