Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #751
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 NCAA Tournament Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
When you have a front court of Barnes, Henson and Zeller and neither of them score in the last 4 minutes you are in trouble. Would it have made a difference if Marshall was in there? I'm not really sure.

Marshall may not have mattered in the final four minutes but I do think he would have been more problematic on Tyshawn Taylor defensively. I know Kendall is far from a defensive juggernaut but Taylor was getting buckets even with Stillman staying somewhat in front of him because he could just elevate and shoot over the top. Kendall at 6'4" at least alters some of those shots a little more effectively.

And who knows, since no one else could buy a three-pointer, maybe Kendall steps up and hits two or three. He was starting to shoot the three much better.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #752
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Oh so you are saying the committees picked Georgetown to be a 2 seed or 3 seed for the sole purpose to see them getting crushed against an upset minded underdog? Or do they just love Georgetown so much that they keep overrating this team despite its tendency to be stunned by mid-major leagues?

I said you are incapable of evaulating a team and looking past seeding so...you talk about nothing other than Georgetown's seeding.

And Georgetown lost by 3 to an NC State team that lost to UNC by 2 in the ACC semis. Yeah, that's a major choke job.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #753
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

KG215 is Marshall going to come back to school?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #754
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I said you are incapable of evaulating a team and looking past seeding so...you talk about nothing other than Georgetown's seeding.

And Georgetown lost by 3 to an NC State team that lost to UNC by 2 in the ACC semis. Yeah, that's a major choke job.

Oh so what? First of all, that UNC team was adjusting itself after losing Henson to an injury. Not mentioning a win is a win, a loss is a loss, however 'beautiful' or 'ugly' it is. Even if Georgetown is overrated at 2 or 3 seed, they are still supposed to be better than the teams they lost to. A coach that loses every encounter like this is a choker anyway, even if it may not be as huge an upset like a no.8/9 seed over no.1 in 2nd round.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #755
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Even if Georgetown is overrated at 2 or 3 seed, they are still supposed to be better than the teams they lost to.

And again and again...

You must love the BCS.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #756
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A UK and UL fan got into a fight about the game this weekend.

They were getting treatment at a dialysis center.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #757
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So excited for the final four

Except I don't really have anyone to watch it with...

..whatever.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #758
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

Don't be surprised if McAdoo leaves. Even though I'm stunned.

Decent chance Oriakhi joins UNC. Too bad he will have little help in the post and inexperience on the perimeter.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #759
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
Don't be surprised if McAdoo leaves. Even though I'm stunned.

Decent chance Oriakhi joins UNC. Too bad he will have little help in the post and inexperience on the perimeter.

At this point I expect JMM to leave but there are conflicting reports so I'm holding out hope. If by some chance he returns and Oriakhi comes, then I think UNC can still be a 22-25 win team with an Elite 8 ceiling next year. They'll still be pretty loaded on the wings and at guard but it'll really hinge on how fast Marcus Paige adjusts to the college game and develops. If McAdoo leaves and Oriakhi doesn't come, though, then it's going to be a long year.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #760
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
At this point I expect JMM to leave but there are conflicting reports so I'm holding out hope. If by some chance he returns and Oriakhi comes, then I think UNC can still be a 22-25 win team with an Elite 8 ceiling next year. They'll still be pretty loaded on the wings and at guard but it'll really hinge on how fast Marcus Paige adjusts to the college game and develops. If McAdoo leaves and Oriakhi doesn't come, though, then it's going to be a long year.

Just be glad that you won't be as bad as Pitt was this year.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #761
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Just be glad that you won't be as bad as Pitt was this year.

Apparently McAdoo is gone it just hasn't officially been announced. If he leaves, then UNC being as bad as Pitt this year is very possible. We will have literally not frontcourt experience and the talent will be extremely raw.

Barnes, Henson, and Marshall I can understand but my immature side is going to be upset over McAdoo leaving. Dude has a couple of nice games in the ACC and NCAA tournament after Henson gets hurt (most of his points were of the hustle variety) and he thinks it's time to go? Sorry, but he's a player that I will completely forget about ever playing for UNC in two or three years, even if he goes on to be a stud in the NBA.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #762
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

HB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected posterHB40TheNextStar is a pretty well-respected poster

He's a project. As recent as mid-February he was airballing 2-3 times a game and getting worked by CJ Leslie and that tall white dude on FSU in the paint.

Suddenly 3 or 4 good games all season and now he's gone? Unbelievable.

From what I've read, these injuries not only ruined this season but next year as well.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #763
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
He's a project. As recent as mid-February he was airballing 2-3 times a game and getting worked by CJ Leslie and that tall white dude on FSU in the paint.

Suddenly 3 or 4 good games all season and now he's gone? Unbelievable.

From what I've read, these injuries not only ruined this season but next year as well.

Exactly. The injuries not only ruined what would have been probably at least a season in which they played Kentucky for the national championship but now it's ruined the 2012-2013 season. I can only imagine how mad Roy Williams is. Apparently he was pretty confident on Marshall and McAdoo being locks for coming back next year and felt there was a decent chance Henson finished out his eligibility and got a degree. That's why you probably saw him going after second tier 4* bigs like Joel James and Brice Johnson, both of whom shouldn't be expected to and probably can't make any kind of significant impact next year. There's not a single incoming 2012 recruit I or anyone should expect to make a big impact next season, and I think Roy Williams was thinking along those same lines. He thought he'd have Marshall for Paige to back-up, and McAdoo and maybe Henson for Johnson and James to back-up.

Now a three or four players get injured and it spooks Marshall, McAdoo, and maybe even Henson to the NBA. Marshall and Henson I can understand, but McAdoo leaving makes less than zero sense. He's a 6'8" tweener forward with zero back to the basket game who averaged 6 ppg, 4 rpg, and shot 43% from the floor. Like you said, everything that wasn't a lay-up or dunk was an airball or bad miss.

UNC shouldn't be expected to be better than an NIT team next year. They are losing their 5 best players and their best returning players will be two junior guards who missed all of or most of the year with a torn ACL, and two sophomore guards, one of which wasn't ever that good this year. The frontcourt rotation may combine to average 5 points a game next season and I'll be ecstatic if they get that.

Last edited by KG215 : 03-29-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #764
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Apparently McAdoo is gone it just hasn't officially been announced. If he leaves, then UNC being as bad as Pitt this year is very possible. We will have literally not frontcourt experience and the talent will be extremely raw.

Barnes, Henson, and Marshall I can understand but my immature side is going to be upset over McAdoo leaving. Dude has a couple of nice games in the ACC and NCAA tournament after Henson gets hurt (most of his points were of the hustle variety) and he thinks it's time to go? Sorry, but he's a player that I will completely forget about ever playing for UNC in two or three years, even if he goes on to be a stud in the NBA.

We signed a freshman McDonald's All-American and he left after like 6 games. Something tells me you guys will at least be competitive. Also, Jamie Dixon really isn't a very good coach.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 AM   #765
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
We signed a freshman McDonald's All-American and he left after like 6 games. Something tells me you guys will at least be competitive. Also, Jamie Dixon really isn't a very good coach.
Yeah, but that dude had a bleached mohawk, you want that doucher repping your program? I did not think so.

Anyway, McAdoo's really gone? He's a 1st rounder and maybe he'll kill it in workouts and get up into the top 10 range, but he's probably not hurting for money. You'd think being the man for a year at a place like Chapel Hill would be pretty appetizing. But taking the money when you can get it and not risking ending your career playing for free is never a bad choice I suppose.

What's the deal with Oriakhi's transfer? I've seen that he won't have to sit a year because of UConn's sanctions, but is that a definite?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: