Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default College Player Watch

Throughout the college basketball season I can't help but look at and think about which players i would like to see in bulls uniform once they go pro. So for this season I'd like to start a thread where we can all come in and post about college players we think would fit in well here. The fact that we have little money to spend for the next few years makes the draft even that much more important because it'll be the way we get role players to fill out the roster. Let's try to keep it realistic and talk about guys who have a possibility of falling to where we will be drafting. Also throw in a few guys that may go mid 1st round in case we are able to trade to get a better pick.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: College Player Watch

Brad Beal. Doron Lamb. William Buford. Tim Hardaway Jr. As SG options. As backup big options I like John Henson and Patric Young.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Now that it's NCAA Tournament and NIT time a few guys have really stuck out to me that I can see in Bulls uniforms as young SG prospects. Even though I really like what i've seen from Jimmy Butler it could never hurt to add.

Terrence Ross
Dion Waiters
John Jenkins
Alex Young
Kim English
Will Barton
Old 03-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Right now the mock draft has us picking John Jenkins who would be a nice addition to the bench mob. Excellent shooter who could come in and be in instant offensive spark off the bench. Needs to work on his strength and his defense, but he's an intelligent player that's highly skilled offensively.

The mock draft has Fab Melo going 29th. If he falls that low he would also be an excellent selection. Would really add to our big man depth and would bring in another young 7 footer who's strengths are defense and rebounding.

We have to start planning for the possibility that either Asik or Gibson could possibly not be here soon. They may end up costing too much to resign. We need to still believe in the draft and realize it's an important way to keep our depth a strength.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

After some more time looking into the prospects...Terrence Ross looks like he could be a perfect fit with our Bulls. If we trade to obtain a better pick this should be the guy we target. In my opinion the 3 best SG's in the upcoming draft are: Brad Beal, Jeremy Lamb and Terrence Ross. Beal and Lamb will get drafted too soon to be realistic, but I could see us making a move for Ross.

He's a 6'7 shooting guard who is a natural shooter, good off the ball, athletic, plays exceptional defense, and has a high basketball IQ.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chad Ford's latest draft has us taking Andrew Nicholson from St. Bonaventure. And I really like that pick, not only because of the amnestying Boozer, but also in case we lose Taj soon, he'd replace him very well on offense, and he has the potential to be an average on defense or a little better than that.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

I really think we are going to have to draft a big. I can't see us being able to keep both of them long term on the bench, either one could leave and have more money and a bigger role almost anywhere else.

Fab Melo wouldn't be an awful selection for us, he's big and defensive oriented. I'd really like Doran Lamb, or Dion Waiters to fall to us, but we will have to see.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Chad Ford's latest draft has us taking Andrew Nicholson from St. Bonaventure. And I really like that pick, not only because of the amnestying Boozer, but also in case we lose Taj soon, he'd replace him very well on offense, and he has the potential to be an average on defense or a little better than that.

What do you think the actual chances are of us using the amnesty on Boozer? Have you heard any speculation of this? Read any articles on it? Just curious...

I would love for the Bulls to spend the money on making sure they keep both Asik and Gibson here long term but we have to wait and see if that's actually going to happen.

We should also keep in mind our draft pick from last Year Nikola Mirotic plays PF and will probably be here in a year or two.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
What do you think the actual chances are of us using the amnesty on Boozer? Have you heard any speculation of this? Read any articles on it? Just curious...

I would love for the Bulls to spend the money on making sure they keep both Asik and Gibson here long term but we have to wait and see if that's actually going to happen.

We should also keep in mind our draft pick from last Year Nikola Mirotic plays PF and will probably be here in a year or two.
Logically it makes sense, Simmons writes about it all the time. Adande mentions it in passing, when he talks about the Bulls. I think that if a Pau trade never manifests itself, it happens. Especially given the current playoff seedings, who right now we match up with the Knicks who Boozer has had some trouble with outside of one game. And then either the Hawks/Pacers/Philly(granted the whole team has problems with them.)

Ideally I'd love to see Mirotic come over in two years to give his body some time to mature. And I think that if we drafted this guy, it buys us time. Plus you can never have too many bigs. Although we do need a young shooting guard, more than probably anything right now.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

If we're gonna add an extra big through the draft i'd like Fab Melo or Andrew Nicholson. If we're still looking to add a perimeter player i'd like Austin Rivers, Terrence Ross, Dion Waiters, Quincy Miller, Jeff Taylor, Moe Harkless, and Jeremy Lamb.

I think we should try to move up. Try and trade Ronnie Brewer/John Lucas III and our first round pick and second round pick to a team in the 15-20 range to try to get one of these guys.

Austin Rivers would be really nice. Sure he needs help on defense and needs to play more under control, but he can certainly create his own shot and one of the best playmakers, shooters and ball handlers available in the upcoming draft.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Meyers Leonard could be a nice addition as well.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Top 10 shooting guards in the draft in my opinion:

Bradley Beal
Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Austin Rivers
Doron Lamb
Dion Waiters
Evan Fournier
William Buford
Will Barton
John Jenkins

I'd like for us to pick up one of these guys.

If we feel we may not retain Asik then I want Meyers Leonard or Fab Melo
Old 05-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
Rose
nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Top 10 shooting guards in the draft in my opinion:

Bradley Beal
Jeremy Lamb
Terrence Ross
Austin Rivers

Doron Lamb
Dion Waiters
Evan Fournier
William Buford
Will Barton
John Jenkins

I'd like for us to pick up one of these guys.

If we feel we may not retain Asik then I want Meyers Leonard or Fab Melo
The bolded guys are almost certainly going to be gone. I could see Rivers falling if he has bad measurements though. But I don't think he's really a shooting guard. He's more of an undersized combo to me.

I'd LOVE for Lamb to get to us, Hit 46% of his threes last year on 4 attempts! Insanely good.

I haven't seen much of Fournier he's the guy from France right? I know ESPN says he's more of a small forward because of his lack of shooting.

I haven't seen any of Buford either.

But as a big Memphis fan, I can tell you Barton is a pretty big project. He's got the heart and desire but he's 6'4 and weighs maybe 175. Terrific rebounder and midrange shooter though. Not a three point shooter though.

John Jenkins fades a bit in the clutch, not as much as his teammate Taylor but still.

And if we lose Asik(which we won't because we can match any team's offer) I'd really love for us to get Andrew Nicholson, hell I'd love to pick him up regardless!

Last edited by Rose : 05-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd want Tony Wroten. If we go after guards, they have to be combo guards that can play point. Wroten IMO is the best prospect in this draft. Good BBall IQ, high defensive ceiling, and a good motor. I'm not sure where he is projected to go, because I have seen him as high as a lotto pick, and as low as a a mid-2nd rounder.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
The bolded guys are almost certainly going to be gone. I could see Rivers falling if he has bad measurements though. But I don't think he's really a shooting guard. He's more of an undersized combo to me.

I'd LOVE for Lamb to get to us, Hit 46% of his threes last year on 4 attempts! Insanely good.

I haven't seen much of Fournier he's the guy from France right? I know ESPN says he's more of a small forward because of his lack of shooting.

I haven't seen any of Buford either.

But as a big Memphis fan, I can tell you Barton is a pretty big project. He's got the heart and desire but he's 6'4 and weighs maybe 175. Terrific rebounder and midrange shooter though. Not a three point shooter though.

John Jenkins fades a bit in the clutch, not as much as his teammate Taylor but still.

And if we lose Asik(which we won't because we can match any team's offer) I'd really love for us to get Andrew Nicholson, hell I'd love to pick him up regardless!

I agree with you about the guys in bold, but I'm hoping that somehow the Bulls find a way to move up in the draft to give themselves the chance to get one of these guys. Bulls could package both our first round pick and second round pick along with Ronnie Brewer to move up. I think Lamb, Ross, and Beal will all go before Rivers. I'd love for us to get either of the top three with Ross being my #1 choice because I feel he is the most complete but I'd be happy with Rivers.
Austin may be a bit undersized, but I feel he is the best playmaker and ball handler out of the bunch. He can be our combo guard which I feel we need.
I could see him becoming a Jason Terry/Leandro Barbosa type of player if he works on playing under control and playing smart.

And yeah Fournier is the guy out of France. Some obvious weaknesses in his game but is said to be an excellent scorer which we could use and maybe he'll fall because he's somewhat of an unknown but may be full of potential and possibly turn into a Ginobli type of a player.

I'd be happy with either one of the guys on the list though. Feel like Thibs and the rest of the staff will do a good job developing even though they may not get a lot of playing time. Even though I think Thibs will spread out playing time better starting next season. I think the coaching staff and the organization will go the best player available route though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: