Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #2386
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
I am serious and thx. If I do something wrong online I feel icky.

I don't regret my posts to Jailblazers though, only to Kevin

That's slightly less big of you.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #2387
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Good news - Bad news for Zimmerman.

A forensic audio expert determined that Zimmerman said "punks" and not "coons" on his 911 call. That's the Good News.

The bad news is earlier, the same audio expert determined it wasn't Zimmerman screaming for help on the 911 call.

Processed audio is at the first link.

More on audio forensics
Good info Kev.

While I have been saying the screams are the key to the case I don't don't think that argument gains a lot here. Zimmerman has to claim the screams. He can't claim that Trayvon is violent and threatening his life while just sitting on top of him looking into his eyes while he, Zim, screams help me. It is obvious that there is no pummeling going or a head being negotiated on concrete in those screams. His cross examination is going to be brutal.

I don't know if the audio guy had hooked on phonics but I definitely don't hear the P sound in punks at all so I don't know how well that one works. How do yall hear it???
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #2388
bmulls
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Good info Kev.

While I have been saying the screams are the key to the case I don't don't think that argument gains a lot here. Zimmerman has to claim the screams. He can't claim that Trayvon is violent and threatening his life while just sitting on top of him looking into his eyes while he, Zim, screams help me. It is obvious that there is no pummeling going or a head being negotiated on concrete in those screams. His cross examination is going to be brutal.

I don't know if the audio guy had hooked on phonics but I definitely don't hear the P sound in punks at all so I don't know how well that one works. How do yall hear it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJLA9vr97qw

This is CNN's video where they determine it says "it's fcking cold".

Honestly, every time I read that it's something new and then I listen to the tape, I hear whatever I just read. It's too soft and distorted to truly make it out and we are all subject to the power of suggestion.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #2389
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
The guys name is Tom Owen, and this link totally destroys him:

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-lineh...rsenic-experts

Basically he is looking to sell his bullshit product/company and get his 15 minutes. That "state of the art" program he used to determine this? Dude made it himself. And it costs $5000.

He's also got a quote on his own website where he basically says the comparison he made is impossible.
In general, most journalist have participated in piece-meal with this story. Even the newscaster tried to distance himself from the story by saying he didn't hear it. More than likely he didn't agree with it. But I do think other people will be involved at this level when it's said and done.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #2390
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJLA9vr97qw

This is CNN's video where they determine it says "it's fcking cold".

Honestly, every time I read that it's something new and then I listen to the tape, I hear whatever I just read. It's too soft and distorted to truly make it out and we are all subject to the power of suggestion.
Agreed.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #2391
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Good info Kev.

Cross examination? He hasn't been arrested or charged with anything.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #2392
linZoMourning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

he hasnt been charged because he is not guilty

he is a true american

he was a captain

he made it happen...

linZoMourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #2393
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Still can be hit with a civil suite or civil rights violations even without that.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #2394
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

I heard on cnn on thursday that the state attorney will most likely make a decision in no later than 5-6 days .. so I guess we'll know by tuesday/wednesday possibly
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #2395
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Anybody else see this story on George Zimmerman's Lawyers? They apparently have drop him as client because they cant get in contact with him..

his own (former) lawyers are painting a bad picture of this guy. He's starting to sound like a flight risk.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #2396
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Anybody else see this story on George Zimmerman's Lawyers? They apparently have drop him as client because they cant get in contact with him..

his own (former) lawyers are painting a bad picture of this guy. He's starting to sound like a flight risk.
I work in the courts, co I pretty much know what that means when the attorneys can't get in touch with the clients.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #2397
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s#.T4T-zNld3MQ

Quote:
The special prosecutor, Florida State Attorney Angela Corey, has alerted the media that she "is preparing to release new information" about her investigation within the next 72 hours. Reporters will be alerted three hours before the news conference, which is to be held in either Sanford or Jacksonville.
Quote:
Corey's office says in its news release that media access will be limited "because of safety concerns."

no reason for there to be 'safety concerns' if she was about to announce he's being charged .. then again it says 'release new information' .. maybe she hasn't made a decision yet ?
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #2398
Velocirap31
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1

That's what I would do. Get out of the country for good. He can go wherever he wants, he hasn't been charged with anything.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #2399
IcanzIIravor
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
That's what I would do. Get out of the country for good. He can go wherever he wants, he hasn't been charged with anything.

He certainly will be if he runs. The smart thing for him to do is to get some good lawyers [with the notoriety I bet he could get a good one pro bono] and let it play out. With how murky it all is [and it's Florida for all you Farkers], he has a good chance of beating any serious charges.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 AM   #2400
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I work in the courts, co I pretty much know what that means when the attorneys can't get in touch with the clients.
Can you elaborate?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: