Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation
Default Krstic probably wont play in Final Four

He brook his foot 3 weeks ago and doctors didnt notice it untill now so there isnt a big chance he will play in Istanbul .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Krstic probably wont play in Final Four

Well, I don't think it will matter that much to CSKA. Granted, they are obviously better with him and to me he was their best player this year.

But, they have plenty without him, and even at center they have D. Lavrinovic, Sokolov, and Kaun. So it's not like they are lacking depth at his position.

On top of that, the Greek Basketball Federation made a ruling that the Greek League has to finish before the final four of Euroleague. The federation has control over when the league finishes, even though they don't run the league, due to the training schedule of the national team.

This year FIBA went freaking nuts and scheduled the Olympic qualifying tournament at the start of July, when most of the big European leagues are not finishing until mid to late June.

Imagine if FIBA tried to do that to Team USA - the NBA and Team USA would go insane with rage and probably refuse to even play.

Well, they are doing it to the European teams. So the Greek League has to finish before the final four, which is something completely strange and new.

So, even without Krstic, I think CSKA has the advantage. Because Panathinaikos has to play the 5 game series against Olympiacos before the final four.

I would expect PAO and OSPF to both be completely exhausted teams before they even get to the final four, due to the scheduling.

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-14-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

That initial report was wrong. Krstic had a small broken toe and that was it. He will be ready to play in a week.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
That initial report was wrong. Krstic had a small broken toe and that was it. He will be ready to play in a week.
Some news say that he will and some that he wont play .
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Some news say that he will and some that he wont play .

I don't see how he would need more than a month of time to recover from a small broken toe.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #6
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
I don't see how he would need more than a month of time to recover from a small broken toe.
maybe his injure got worse because he played with it for 3 weeks ?
Old 04-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

http://www.eurobasket.com/Russia/bas...?NewsID=268608

CSKA Moscow officially announced that Nenad Krstic (213-C-83) will be back to team practices in the coming days.
Krstic, who practices individually, passed the scheduled tests on Thursday. Well-known traumotologists Prof. Andrey Korolev and Prof. Andrey Kardanov confirmed that there is no serious damage to the center's left pinkie toe.

Krstic will miss today's game against Krasnye Krylia. Earlier this week, many European media, including Eurobasket, reported that Nenad Krstic was out with a broken toe, but it seems the injury is not that serious after all. It means that Krstic will definitely be able to help his teammates at the Euroleague Final Four.

Krstic is one of the key CSKA players this season. He has averages of 14.7 ppg and 5.9 rpg in 20 Euroleague games. In Russia, Krstic has added 10.2 ppg and 3.2 rpg per game, while having almost the same numbers in the VTB United league. Krstic joined CSKA last summer, after leaving from the NBA. He split last season between the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Boston Celtics. Krstic previously played for Triumph Lyubertsy during the 2008-09 season. He is also an active member of the Serbian National Team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: