Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Wat_Wat__
I airball my layups

Default should raps trade or pursue Tyreke Evans

so he's on the block... what do you guys think?

raps need an upgrade/infusion in the back court... i was big on this guys coming into the league and his performance during his rookie year, he looked like he would be a star in the nba. injuries in his 2nd year halted his progress and he's not being utilized properly in sac this year, starting him at the 3 right now. he's a player that needs the ball in his hands to be effective and he just doesnt look very motivated in a sac uniform right now. his value pretty low right now but in my opinion he's got great potential still. i think the raps could buy low on evans.

caldron & davis for evans

or

DD for evans, straight up (rather not trade DD but he's been so inconsistent this year and its hard to see him as a starting 2 in this league considering his shaky handles)

or

davis plus '13 first rounder for evans

or

davis & kleiza & 2nd rounder for evans

so what do you guys think? would you trade for evans and give him the ball to operate the raps offense?
Wat_Wat__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Default Re: should raps trade or pursue Tyreke Evans

I don't think he'll ever be a featured player on a winning team, no thanks.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

Nor do I think any of those trades would work...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Maybe.

After his rookie year, I thought he was on his way to becoming a very good player. Like a poor man's Dwyane Wade. Then he started taking more bad shots and getting to the FT line less and I don't really know what happened to him. The drop was big from his rookie year to his 2nd year.

Evans is never going to be a good shooter so it all comes down to his shot selection and how often he can get to the FT line. He has some good playmaking skills as well but from what I've seen, chooses not to use them. IMO, part of the screw up was playing him at PG a lot. This guy is an SG and nothing else.

I'd take a chance on him as long as it didn't involve trading either Valanciunas or the upcoming 1st round pick. Those two assets should be as close to "untouchable" as you can get on a crap team like this. Everyone else is fair game. The thing is, with some of the reports about "character issues", there is no way the Raptors pursue him.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Wat_Wat__
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I don't think he'll ever be a featured player on a winning team, no thanks.

i think he definitely has the skill and potential to be a featured player on winning team, for me its more his mentality, drive and work ethic... i dont know i would be willing to give him a chance if he's given the proper role, i just feel he could breakout if given a second chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Nor do I think any of those trades would work...

i'm assuming you dont like those trades from a sac point of view, which i can see why... i still think evans trade value is low, what do you think his trade value is around the league? i can only see sac wanting another young prospect back and/or picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Maybe.

After his rookie year, I thought he was on his way to becoming a very good player. Like a poor man's Dwyane Wade. Then he started taking more bad shots and getting to the FT line less and I don't really know what happened to him. The drop was big from his rookie year to his 2nd year.

Evans is never going to be a good shooter so it all comes down to his shot selection and how often he can get to the FT line. He has some good playmaking skills as well but from what I've seen, chooses not to use them. IMO, part of the screw up was playing him at PG a lot. This guy is an SG and nothing else.

I'd take a chance on him as long as it didn't involve trading either Valanciunas or the upcoming 1st round pick. Those two assets should be as close to "untouchable" as you can get on a crap team like this. Everyone else is fair game. The thing is, with some of the reports about "character issues", there is no way the Raptors pursue him.

good post, i agree with most of what you said... tho i still think he can play pg. at the end of the day, when i look at the raps roster i dont see anyone who can consistently break down nba defense with a dribble, evans can do that and he's got enough vision to pass it out when the defense collapses. i'm willing to trade anyone outside of val and '12 1st rounder (that should be used to fill the sf position) as well, raps need new blood in the back court... i'm not sold on bayless as a starter (he has the makings of a solid 6th man but he never plays well off the bench), caldron value is at its peak and we should trade him, DD still has potential but i'm greatly disappointment by his performance this season.
Wat_Wat__ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: