Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Who do you think will be returning? by Jared82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared82

Of the roster we have now... I predict only thse players will be on our opening day roster.

SF: Melo - Not going anywhere

PF: Amare - Depending on how well he and Melo play together in the playoffs, he will either be traded (Hopefully for an established PF who doesn't require the ball all the time. Somebody who scores off his own rebounds and plays hard defense.) or staying.

C: Chandler - Better not go anywhere!!! (Unless traded for D. Howard)

SG: Fields - Woodson will make sure his whipping boy doesn't comeback... Maybe use the money to try and re-sign J.R Smith

PG: Lin - I'm still not sold on using our MLE to retain him. I would rather have a cheaper established PG off the FA's

PG: Bibby - Retiring to San Fran to be a lesbian
PG: Dougie - Gone baby gone... Maybe used as a side dish in a trade
PG: Baron - Gone unless he excepts the Vets Min

SG: Shump - Staying
SG/F: J.R - Depends on what we do with Fields and Lin if we'll be able to afford him
PF: Jorts - He'll have one more season as our prospect
PF/C: J. Jeffries - Hopefully returning... Can't believe i'm saying that. He is cheap salary wise and has heart... especially on the defensive end
SF: Novak - Love his 3's and his cheap salary. Hopefully he stays

So what do you guys think?

Here ya go
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who do you think will be returning? by Jared82

My view on things

Melo- no brainer
Chandler- like you said, if we can get Dwight. Or if we got Deron Williams and could get Dalembert, I'd do it.
Amare- I said previously theres only 3 guys I'd consider trading him for. Dwight, Josh Smith, or LaMarcus Aldridge. Looking back on things, Josh and Woodson had beefs at times in ATL. I forgot that. Therefore, I'd only trade Amare for Aldrige or Dwight. My dad posed a trade yesterday. He said would I do a Stoudemire and Shumpert for Deron Williams trade. Im not sure. I would trade Amare for Deron straight up though.So I guess that makes 3 players. Howard,Aldridge or Deron
Fields- As a bench player for cheap? Yea. If he asks for anything over 1.5, he can kick rocks.
Lin- I said it before. He's not getting my MLE. Sorry. If teams want to overpay for this kid, go right ahead. I'll welcome him back but at a reasonable price.
Shump- without question. There would have to be a lucrative trade that he's a piece of. You don't find defenders like him often at such an early stage of their career.
Baron- No thanks. Not even for the Vet min. I think the thing that pisses me off more than his health is the fact that he makes rookie mistakes still. Too many TO's for my taste.
Douglas- If ANYONE wants this guy for anything, he's outta here. I'd trade him for a cheese pizza. Not even any toppings. I'd do the ole "traded for cash considerations" in a heart beat lol. I wish somehow we could get a
2nd rounder out of someone for him.I still can't believe we gave him an extension. That was all Antoni's doing IMO.
Smith- This one's the tricky one. He has a player option I believe. If he picks that up...GREAT! I find it hard to believe he will though.
Novak- for all his 3 point prowess, he really gives you absolutely nothing else. I can't see myself giving a quality salary to a guy who only brings one thing to the table. I say he gets the same as what I offered Fields.
Jorts- I've been saying he's a waste of time since he became a Knick and he's done nothing to make me feel otherwise.
Jeffries- If I did bring him back, he'd be a last minute signing and of course he's getting the vet min. No question.
Bibby- He could play for free...Better yet, he could pay US the vet min and I wouldn't re-sign him.No way, No how should Mike Bibby be in a Knicks jersey next year.

Last edited by franchize : 04-24-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
jared82
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jared82 has an OK reputation so far

As much as I love STAT... I love the Knicks more. At this point I wouldn't turn down a trade from the Nets for say D-Will and K. Humphries for STAT and J. Lin.

STAT was amazing last year, and I will never forget how he single handedly made the Knicks relevent again. But it doesn't look like he will flourish in Woodson ISO like he did under D'Antoni's run & gun. As much as I would love to keep him based on that alone... it seems like his best days are behind him. He is still a name though, and the Nets would love to eat off of our plate just to get some butts in their new seats. I say trade him now while he's still worth something.

It sucks that Humphries did that dumb reality show, because it blinds everyone to his talent. He is exactly what we need to compliment Melo and give Chandler a break. He doesn't need the ball passed to him to score. Like Chandler... he scores off putbacks and dunks. And D-Will for Lin I don't think really needs any explanation.

Also another trade that is more far fetched but still maybe possible is Lin & STAT to Atlanta for J. Teague & Horford or J. Smith. If we had to do Shump & STAT for Horford/J. Smith I think it would still be worth it.

But anyways... I think we're gonna be saying goodbye to:

Mike Bibby
Baron Davis
Toney Douglas
Landry Fields
Dan Gadzuric
Jerome Jordan
Steve Novak
J.R. Smith
jared82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

can we trust Howard to stay if we do a package swap of Amare/Chandler/filler for Howard/Turk/filler? And what about his back issue... that might be a lingering injury in the future.

I like Chandler too much to do that to him. And what these Knicks under Woodson have proven is that even without Amare, the core group of Melo/Chandler/Shump/JR/Novak surrounded by garbage can still win games. We went 10-5 without both Amare and Lin and that was a fairly tough schedule. Far more playoff teams than lottery teams.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared82
As much as I love STAT... I love the Knicks more. At this point I wouldn't turn down a trade from the Nets for say D-Will and K. Humphries for STAT and J. Lin.

Can we afford that? Humphries gets 8 mill
Old 04-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hump signed a one year deal, so he is a free agent unrestricted.

Even on top of that, he had veto rights since he signed that one year deal, similar what Nate had when he took the QO from us.

But it would have been interesting if it could have been done.

An improvement to the team is always welcome.

But I seriously doubts Dolan allows Lin to be traded.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Funny I heard that same exact offer on the radio last week. Dwill Hump for Lin Stat. I dont see why Jersey would do it though. Also they mentioned Odom to the Knicks next year to replace Jared. Not a bad move.

All players under contract are returning. If JR can get a starting job here I think we would exercise his player option if not he's gone in the wind!

Novak will most likely be back and I seriously doubt the Knicks will get rid of Lin thats the cash cow.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Funny I heard that same exact offer on the radio last week. Dwill Hump for Lin Stat. I dont see why Jersey would do it though. Also they mentioned Odom to the Knicks next year to replace Jared. Not a bad move.

What people keep forgetting is that Deron can walk. Of course I'd do it if I was NJ. You shipped away your draft picks. Dwight is stuck in Orlando for at least nother year. You're about to open a new stadium. You want Gerald Wallace as your franchise player? I think not. Is Amare more valuable than Deron? Hell no. Is amare more valuable than Deron with his bags packed? Absolutely
Old 04-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #9
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

isnt it too late now for deron to make the maximum allowed if he is traded now?
he will only make the most if he decides to resign with the nets, if traded on draft night or later, he loses money.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
What people keep forgetting is that Deron can walk. Of course I'd do it if I was NJ. You shipped away your draft picks. Dwight is stuck in Orlando for at least nother year. You're about to open a new stadium. You want Gerald Wallace as your franchise player? I think not. Is Amare more valuable than Deron? Hell no. Is amare more valuable than Deron with his bags packed? Absolutely
I dont think they will settle for it. Why eat up cap space for Stat? Doesnt make sense. I think they would go in another direction for sure but it wont be to settle for Pseudo-Star, uninsured, bad eye, bad back, bad knee, max player like Stat.

I dont think people understand the financial cow that is Lin. He isnt going anywhere. For basketball reasons DWill is a great acquisition but money in Dolan's pocket Lin all day.

You can book this next season Melo, Lin, Stat, Chandler, Shumpert will be on this roster everyone else is pretty much a crap shoot.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont think they will settle for it. Why eat up cap space for Stat? Doesnt make sense. I think they would go in another direction for sure but it wont be to settle for Pseudo-Star, uninsured, bad eye, bad back, bad knee, max player like Stat.

I dont think people understand the financial cow that is Lin. He isnt going anywhere. For basketball reasons DWill is a great acquisition but money in Dolan's pocket Lin all day.

You can book this next season Melo, Lin, Stat, Chandler, Shumpert will be on this roster everyone else is pretty much a crap shoot.

I perfectly understand the Lin financial ramifications. I also get that Deron will sell Jerseys and merch too when he's dropping 20+ for more than just a few weeks. Lin won't get traded for anybody average. It's going to take a star for him to go. I have no problems with that. The NBA is a business. But if you have the opportunity to trade him and get Deron in return, and you don't take it, then you're just showing you'd rather lose and make a few extra million then give your team a chance to be contenders. That's some real NY Jets stuff right there
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: