Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 03-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default 2012 NBA Draft

Who are the Suns primarily looking at? What position needs to be filled? Any draft night moves the Suns should look for? Draft steals?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Thats a tough one.

PG- Nash is still there and its 50-50 if Aaron Brooks stays with the Suns.

SG-I'm not really a fan of Jared Dudley at SG.

SF-Grant Hill is getting older. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Dudley at SF.

PF-Markieff Morris is the future.

C-Gortat and Lopez got it covered.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The thing with this draft is there isn't many points until Marshall. Lots of swingmen and forwards. It seems like the Suns could really benefit for a 2 guard who can just shoot, and as a nice added bonus, good d.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

I'll quickly analyze how I feel about each position right now.

CE - I dig Gortat, but Loepz is a guy I'd prefer as a third stringer.

PF - Markieff is the man. I'm not keen on the idea of drafting two PF's in a row, but I'd like to see one picked up in the second round or something.

SF - Hill is on his way out. I'm not too confident on Dudley's ability to start and would prefer him off the bench. Suns def. need some upgrades here.

SG - Need a player who can just shoot in a variety of ways, and defend above average. The suns don't have that here.

PG - Nash is on his way out, and we'll need a new PG. I'm not entirely sold on Kendall Marshall.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

PG and SG should be the objectives in this draft for the Suns.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
livingby3's
The smallest big 3s.

livingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
I'll quickly analyze how I feel about each position right now.

CE - I dig Gortat, but Loepz is a guy I'd prefer as a third stringer.

PF - Markieff is the man. I'm not keen on the idea of drafting two PF's in a row, but I'd like to see one picked up in the second round or something.

SF - Hill is on his way out. I'm not too confident on Dudley's ability to start and would prefer him off the bench. Suns def. need some upgrades here.

SG - Need a player who can just shoot in a variety of ways, and defend above average. The suns don't have that here.

PG - Nash is on his way out, and we'll need a new PG. I'm not entirely sold on Kendall Marshall.

i want the suns to get a scoring sg. someone who can create his own shots. monta ellis is someone who i have in mind, not necessarily his caliber, but that's the type i want
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

This does not look to be the draft where we get a dominant 1 or 2. I'm thinking the Suns will get a swingman. Depends on the draft position. Around the 11th pick where they are now has a few raw centers, a few tweeners at forward, and and few combo guards.

Although I think he might stay another year at Duke, Austin Rivers seems like a kid with high potential who could really flow in the Suns offense.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
idizzle
Good college starter

I see a few mock drafts and they have the Suns getting a SF. I would actually like to see Steve Nash leave so the Suns can start rebuilding. Its no point of him staying in Phoenix and not contending for a championship. I hope the Suns will try to keep Aaron Brooks and sign a SG. I actually would like to see Rodney Stuckey from the Pistons come to the Suns. I think he would be a good fit.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
idizzle
Good college starter

It look more like Nash isn't coming back to the Suns. If Aaron Brooks decides he don't want to sign with the Suns, they should draft a PG and SG. Shannon Brown is more of a bench scorer.

If Aaron Brooks agree to a contract with the Suns then they should try to get a SG via trade.

I would like to see them get Rodney Stuckey.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

I really would like to see Eric Gordon at SG next year, he's really young and built like a beast... kid has legit star potential.

Ditch Frye and draft a legit PF, or sign someone like Humphries.

If you don't draft a PF in the first round (and assuming Grant Hill is off the roster), draft a SF who can drive down the lane, attack the rim, and be a consistent offensive threat without relying on jumpshooting too much. Bench him behind Dudley but let the kid fight Dudley for the starter spot. If he's good enough offensively, I wouldn't mind starting him and letting Dudley settle back into his consistent, high-energy 6th man role.

Just some ideas I had.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
idizzle
Good college starter

@wagexslave, the Suns are actually one of 4 teams that are looking to sign Eric Gordon.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
I really would like to see Eric Gordon at SG next year, he's really young and built like a beast... kid has legit star potential.

Ditch Frye and draft a legit PF, or sign someone like Humphries.

If you don't draft a PF in the first round (and assuming Grant Hill is off the roster), draft a SF who can drive down the lane, attack the rim, and be a consistent offensive threat without relying on jumpshooting too much. Bench him behind Dudley but let the kid fight Dudley for the starter spot. If he's good enough offensively, I wouldn't mind starting him and letting Dudley settle back into his consistent, high-energy 6th man role.

Just some ideas I had.
eric gordon is a stud, but we still need a #1 option. i honestly wish our FO would get on the phone with magic and get us d12 if they are parting ways.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: