Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #31
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Steve Blake?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
What did you say again about not ranting further?
oh well, like what i said, that was my personal theory about YOUR question. Sorry that I didn't please the great Coach DK
BTW, name atleast 4 former lakers that really flourished(shot well) with Kobe playing with dominant big men like Shaq/Bynum+Pau?
Yes, there are coaches that develop young talent but I also think Mike Brown has a difficult situation where in he needs to establish his system with VERY limited time to prepare coupled with the enormous pressure of not losing too many games bec he would be crucified by so many analysts and fans like you if that happens.
Lastly, it's not like Brown NEVER developed young players.
Guys like Delonte West, Daniel Gibson, Anderson Verajao etc develped under him.

You misunderstood the rant issue completely It was solely in regard to what is going on with Blake and WHY he's not playing well.

If we haven't brought in guys who shoot well to play with Kobe, it's not Kobe's fault......or brought in guys WAY PAST their prime such as those mentioned plus GP and Malone.....Horace Grant, Brian Shaw, Ron Harper etc..

Mike Brown doesn't have an offensive system Didn't you already see him in Cleveland?????

Yeah, Mike gave young players playing time in Cleveland and guys played well, it seemed to be the one thing he learned from Coach Pop.........now he's just being a complete all around idiot. How does developing players in the past help us now???? What's the point of that

BTW...Coach Pop gave 10 players over 10 minutes and has used the maximum amount of active players a ton of times, he understands that for a team to be at it's best you have to have everyone ready and relatively happy.
Potato Head cannot figure this out

Blake cannot create his own shot and Goudelock can. GLock has that beautiful floater off the drive to the basket, even if he misses he draws help defenders and because the shot is closer and soft this gives easy offensive rebounding opportunities. Blake is limited to spot up shooting.....which would be fine if he could actually make a respectable percentage.

Brown is being crucified for very good reason by those who know the game best.

Last edited by DKLaker : 04-21-2012 at 01:16 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #32
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

i hope lakerfreak watched the game tonight and can the difference between lakers and spurs

Spurs have a dleaguer...lebron's dancing partner & rookie kawahi leonard... as starter??

I can bet they were not as good as they are now...but pop stuck with them and see now they are able to produce....

Mike Brown is an assistant at base.....we made him te head coach...thats the problem

lakerfreak, please tell me what adjustment did Mike brown made between game 2 and game 3??? nothing...zero absolutely nothing

the worst for me was....mike Brown hanging out with pop/duncan after his team getting smacked for the worst loss of his season...

its pathetic for me...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #33
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

DKLaker, if you're such a good coach.. then why dont you apply to be a coach in the NBA already. I'm sure you wouldn't have problems when it comes to connections in the league..since you know, you met all those players & coaches.. :)

Just saying :)
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #34
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Steve Flake...

Mike Brown got schooled by his ex-Master.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #35
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Steve Flake...

Mike Brown got schooled by his ex-Master.

Brown got definitely schooled by Pops last night, but what about last week when the Lakers beat the Spurs in San Antonio? Was it just bec of the players when they win?
What about when the Lakers beat Dallas 4 x? Heat here. Boston twice, etc etc?
Do I think Mike Brown is a brilliant coach? Absolutely not.
Do I consider him to be atleast an above ave mentor? probably not.
Yes, I still would have preferred him to serve as an Assistant coach but he is here. Some fans here consider him as the ultimate worst which I disagree.
For them to beat some pretty good teams, not being in the bottom 3rd in league in key team stats etc then I think he must be doing "some" things right.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #36
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
DKLaker, if you're such a good coach.. then why dont you apply to be a coach in the NBA already. I'm sure you wouldn't have problems when it comes to connections in the league..since you know, you met all those players & coaches.. :)

Just saying :)

The road to getting an NBA coaching job is very interesting to say the least,
as a friend of mine who is trying to get a NBA coaching position said, it's more about how much @ss you are willing to kiss than anything else, he played in the NBA 16 years mostly as a starter. He has so far only been able to advance to D-League. I am friends with several NBA assistant coaches and scouts, ex-GM's, current and former NBA and College players.

Until recently, I was never the slightest bit interested in coaching in the NBA.
I have done extremely well in the business field, that has always been my focus. Coaching basketball has always been a side gig for love of the game, I have always done extremely well, I'm not going to post stats because you would never believe me. Yes, I am paid to coach and train but I care more about helping the players than the money. I have had a ton of offers to coach college programs, I turned them all down, NBA, I have told those I know that I wouldn't be interested.....I never got an actual offer, and conversations were very much just general conversation, never started by me.
When I see the load of idiots coaching today, I laugh knowing that I could coach circles around most of these guys. I'm not ever going to make a call or ask for a position......but hey, I would definitely be more engaged if the issue comes up in the future.
If I got an offer right this second to be an assistant for an incompetent coach like Mike Brown, I would definitely turn it down. I'd be at his throat
To be honest, I don't know if I would've had the patience or the temperament to deal with NBA egos and lack of work ethic until recent years. I'm a tough, no nonsense S.O.B, I expect 100% hustle every second a player is on the floor.....is that the NBA
Old 04-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #37
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:
Brown got definitely schooled by Pops last night, but what about last week when the Lakers beat the Spurs in San Antonio? Was it just bec of the players when they win?

he is getting to get out coached if these 2 teams meet in the playoffs....there was zero adjustment made from brown's part...forget about in game...but game to game adjustments were zero....

Quote:
What about when the Lakers beat Dallas 4 x? Heat here. Boston twice, etc etc?

Dallas beat them last year 4-0 & i think the lakers get up for games like these....so i m not surprised by 4-0...the main guys Chandler/JJ/Stevenson are gone...

No matter who coaches us the lakers with their current players can atleast split with heat and celtics....

Quote:

Do I think Mike Brown is a brilliant coach? Absolutely not.
Do I consider him to be atleast an above ave mentor? probably not.
Yes, I still would have preferred him to serve as an Assistant coach but he is here. Some fans here consider him as the ultimate worst which I disagree.

He is ultimate worst for the job he has...he is not coaching any average team like GSW. he shouldnt have gotten this job in the first place....The standard is gold for lakers coach...and Brown is not even a bronze

Quote:
For them to beat some pretty good teams, not being in the bottom 3rd in league in key team stats etc then I think he must be doing "some" things right.

When you have 1 of top 5 to ever play on your team and 2 guys among 7 who average 10rebounds ...you are bound to be a good team no matter who is coaching...

My problem with brown is he has a messed up vision...he wants to play the 2 bigs as Duncan/Robinson...and he is adamant about that....being with a team he knows how killer is Pau on the block...He can shoot...pass from the low post....yet he has his standing around the ft line and take shots from their...

he should customize his offensive to the strengths of his player and not just have a hard vision....as a coach u need to be flexible and get the most out of ur players and he is not doing that...

the big 3 are as good as anybody in the league....

Kobe ....enough said

bynum...with Howard injured...he is best center in the league...and i think he is putting better numbers than howard

Pau .....top 3-5 in the league....

think about this: Sessions when was not introduced to mike brown system...he was balling and using his speed....now mike brown wants him to milk the clock....every play i think they are not going to make it half court in 8 secs.....

didnt he see how parker literally abused us with his speed and p&r...both strong points for sessions too..but i dont know if they even ran 1 p&r yesterday...and used sessions speed....

I hope he is bounced in the summer....cause I am used to winning chips and mike brown wont cut it....

my 2 cents
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:49 AM   #38
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
he is getting to get out coached if these 2 teams meet in the playoffs....there was zero adjustment made from brown's part...forget about in game...but game to game adjustments were zero....

Dallas beat them last year 4-0 & i think the lakers get up for games like these....so i m not surprised by 4-0...the main guys Chandler/JJ/Stevenson are gone...

No matter who coaches us the lakers with their current players can atleast split with heat and celtics....

He is ultimate worst for the job he has...he is not coaching any average team like GSW. he shouldnt have gotten this job in the first place....The standard is gold for lakers coach...and Brown is not even a bronze

When you have 1 of top 5 to ever play on your team and 2 guys among 7 who average 10rebounds ...you are bound to be a good team no matter who is coaching...

My problem with brown is he has a messed up vision...he wants to play the 2 bigs as Duncan/Robinson...and he is adamant about that....being with a team he knows how killer is Pau on the block...He can shoot...pass from the low post....yet he has his standing around the ft line and take shots from their...

he should customize his offensive to the strengths of his player and not just have a hard vision....as a coach u need to be flexible and get the most out of ur players and he is not doing that...

Kobe ....enough said

bynum...with Howard injured...he is best center in the league...and i think he is putting better numbers than howard

think about this: Sessions when was not introduced to mike brown system...he was balling and using his speed....now mike brown wants him to milk the clock....every play i think they are not going to make it half court in 8 secs.....

didnt he see how parker literally abused us with his speed and p&r...both strong points for sessions too..but i dont know if they even ran 1 p&r yesterday...and used sessions speed....

I hope he is bounced in the summer....cause I am used to winning chips and mike brown wont cut it....

my 2 cents

Ahhhhh.......someone who really understands the game and can understand the difference between real coaching and record/stats

Your 2 cents are worth a million!!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #39
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Lakers_Kobe_Fan said
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Ahhhhh.......someone who really understands the game and can understand the difference between real coaching and record/stats

Your 2 cents are worth a million!!!!
I really thought this guy is your clone or your alter ego but Pau is top 3-5?

And you think he REALLY understands the game?
If there's ONE thing I like from all your rants about Mike Brown is that you have took it easy on Pau.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #40
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Kobe ....enough said

my 2 cents

Anybody can coach this team and should have a spit with the Heat and the Celts? OMG, The Bobcats coach? Any coach?.
Kobe is having his worst shooting % at 42 %
For the first 28 games or so, Kobe also shot under 28% from the 3pt line, first 6 weeks, Metta shot like 18%, .
What is so wrong about a winning formula that worked with San Antonio?
You mentioned Bynum is the best center now that Howard is injured. You really think it's all on Andrew? Pau lurking in the perimeter was by designed to free up space for the Laker center for those numerous dunks.
Oh well, you really lost me when you said any coach can steer this team to wins, lets agree to disagree on this one.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
DKLaker

Quote:
Lakers_Kobe_Fan said

I really thought this guy is your clone or your alter ego but Pau is top 3-5?

And you think he REALLY understands the game?
If there's ONE thing I like from all your rants about Mike Brown is that you have took it easy on Pau.

Yeah, Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a better understanding of the game than most people on here, he's a great fan, not a delusional homer.....I like and respect that, he keeps it real

It's hard for any player to shine when you have an incompetent coach....so I have to give Pau a bit of a pass, Brown is playing him in the wrong spots, has no plays, not even a pick & roll that he could destroy teams with, add to that he has played Pau way too many minutes, he should give Pau the game off tonight....but I doubt he's intelligent enough to figure that out.
Do I feel Pau is worthy of being the 7th highest paid player in basketball
At 19 million per year he is way overpaid and unless he kills it in the playoffs, he will be traded before next season begins.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #42
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Yeah, Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a better understanding of the game than most people on here, he's a great fan, not a delusional homer.....I like and respect that, he keeps it real

It's hard for any player to shine when you have an incompetent coach....so I have to give Pau a bit of a pass, Brown is playing him in the wrong spots, has no plays, not even a pick & roll that he could destroy teams with, add to that he has played Pau way too many minutes, he should give Pau the game off tonight....but I doubt he's intelligent enough to figure that out.
Do I feel Pau is worthy of being the 7th highest paid player in basketball
At 19 million per year he is way overpaid and unless he kills it in the playoffs, he will be traded before next season begins.

Let me ask you a little trivia,
From 08 to 11 under Phil, what was Pau's minutes per game?
37 Mins.
How about this year? 37.4 mins!! The difference is we fans are more critical with Brown than Phil regardless!! But hey, like you said stats don't matter right?
You also factor in that Phil had Lamar Odom whom he could have played more, plus more mins for Bynum etc, also note that the Lakers played a ton of OT's this year that forced Pau to play extra mins.
The irony of it all, I came to this board ranting about Pau's excessive minutes about 2-3 yrs ago and GTS laughed at me. SouthCalmike agreed with him, but hey, Lakers won 2 rings so I guess I didn't matter then.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #43
DKLaker

Quote:
Let me ask you a little trivia,
From 08 to 11 under Phil, what was Pau's minutes per game?
37 Mins.
How about this year? 37.4 mins!! The difference is we fans are more critical with Brown than Phil regardless!! But hey, like you said stats don't matter right?
You also factor in that Phil had Lamar Odom whom he could have played more, plus more mins for Bynum etc, also note that the Lakers played a ton of OT's this year that forced Pau to play extra mins.
The irony of it all, I came to this board ranting about Pau's excessive minutes about 2-3 yrs ago and GTS laughed at me. SouthCalmike agreed with him, but hey, Lakers won 2 rings so I guess I didn't matter then.

See.....stat heads really don't know how to relate to anything but numbers, a smart basketball mind knows how to actually apply the numbers to the circumstances and to what they see:

This season there were far more games played in a shorter period SO.......If you look at the about of minutes played PER WEEK, you would see that Pau actually played about 30-40 more minutes per week, this is a HUGE difference that those who have played competitive basketball would understand.
Now, add to that the increased travel over a shorter period of time, this is extremely tiring, add to that that Pau since coming to the Lakers has had a much longer season because of all the playoff games and then playing with the Spanish team.......there is a cumulative effect that carries over and it is very obviously affecting Pau.

In other words, it's like comparing getting hit in the head by an apple falling out of a tree to getting hit in the head by an apple falling from the top of the empire state building.......you can't just say that a falling apple couldn't kill you

We wouldn't have had so many overtimes....usually against crap teams if we had a real coach.

BTW......Almost all of us are glad the 2 headed monster is no longer on this site to harass us
We've got great mods like the always cool, classy Lakerfreak.

Last edited by DKLaker : 04-27-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:09 AM   #44
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

I didn't mind them posting here on ISH... but gts was a piece of shit mod... he would always rename my thread and fun of it.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #45
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
See.....stat heads really don't know how to relate to anything but numbers, a smart basketball mind knows how to actually apply the numbers to the circumstances and to what they see:

This season there were far more games played in a shorter period SO.......If you look at the about of minutes played PER WEEK, you would see that Pau actually played about 30-40 more minutes per week, this is a HUGE difference that those who have played competitive basketball would understand.
Now, add to that the increased travel over a shorter period of time, this is extremely tiring, add to that that Pau since coming to the Lakers has had a much longer season because of all the playoff games and then playing with the Spanish team.......there is a cumulative effect that carries over and it is very obviously affecting Pau.

In other words, it's like comparing getting hit in the head by an apple falling out of a tree to getting hit in the head by an apple falling from the top of the empire state building.......you can't just say that a falling apple couldn't kill you

We wouldn't have had so many overtimes....usually against crap teams if we had a real coach.

BTW......Almost all of us are glad the 2 headed monster is no longer on this site to harass us
We've got great mods like the always cool, classy Lakerfreak.
There are other things to consider too like
1. They were eliminated very early in the 2nd round last playoffs so there was more considerable long summer/rest from May to Dec 25
2. Their ONLY back to back to back happened from Christmas to Dec 27
3. Mike Brown asked him to lurk from the perimeter at times extending him in the 3pt area so there was CONSIDERABLY LESS contact inside. Less hip checks, less forarms and elbows planted on his ribs, less banging of his shoulder area etc etc.
It's funny you mentioned "cummulative effect" bec I also pointed this out before, when Phil elected to play him very heavy minutes inspite of having the luxury of playing Lamar Odom who was playing great in his last 3 years here, to be point of besting out 20+ other legit bench guys to win the 6th man award. BAck then Pau played THREE FINALS which extended til mid June and then started training camp by October. And what did you said last playoffs again? That he grew a female reproductive organ?
so I don't question some of your logic but I do question the timing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: