Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 03-17-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Maybe The Pistons Don't Draft Big

It looks like they may have their eyes set on Kaman this offseason. They tried to trade BG or Charlie for him before the deadline, but it didn't work. Here's the latest:

Quote:
Vincent Ellis: It goes without saying that Kaman remains on #Pistons radar. Unrestricted free agent this summer. Twitter

Honestly, unless we have a top 3 pick we're probably better off going after Kaman and just grabbing the top available talent in the draft regardless of position. Kaman and Monroe would be a very good front line, probably better than most everyone in the East. It would really depend on where we are drafting though as that would lead to who would be available and how the lineup would look.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Maybe The Pistons Don't Draft Big

I certainly would not be adverse to picking up Kaman if the price was right. I suppose it all comes down to how Detroit's draft positioning works out. For a while I thought they were in the running for a guy like Anthony Davis but they seem to have played themselves out of that possibility.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I certainly would not be adverse to picking up Kaman if the price was right. I suppose it all comes down to how Detroit's draft positioning works out. For a while I thought they were in the running for a guy like Anthony Davis but they seem to have played themselves out of that possibility.

If we keep hitting shots with .2 of a second left at least When I saw that game winner the other day I cringed. We were actually in good shape still for a top draft pick. Charlotte, New Orleans, and Washington are definitely going to finish with the 3 worst records. After that there were 5 teams (I think) tied with 16 wins. Now there's two with 16 and three with 17.... We need a solid losing streak to end the season and I think we could still end up with a top 3 pick.

With all that said, after watching the tournament I think it's a deep draft but I don't think it's a great draft. It was really hyped up and it's been talked about for years. Unfortunately, not all these big guys look like they're going to be as good as we thought. Obviously, Davis is going to be a beast. The kid in Kansas (Robinson) looks like the real deal too. Perry Jones really let me down this year and so did Harrison Barnes. There's still potential with those two, but it would be scary drafting them high. I wouldn't mind one of the bigs out of UNC. I'm not as high on Bradley Beal as most people. He reminds me of a 6th man 2 guard coming off the bench like BG or OJ Mayo. That's not what Detroit needs. We need starters. So at this point, I just want to see where we end up and then take the best available player. It may make sense to go after Kaman pretty hard this offseason when he's a FA.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I stillhave a feeling that they will draft another guard.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I think it really depends on where we end up drafting. I'm just hoping this losing streak can continue I'd love to have a top 3 pick in this draft (even if we ended up trading that pick down).
Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe Jeremy Lamb?
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

Drummond announced he's coming out now. That throws another big into the mix. Initially nobody knew for sure if he would. I kind of thought he would, especially since they can't even play in the tourney next season. Once the season officially ends there will be some rumors about where FA's might end up. We'll see if Kaman's name starts getting put with possibly coming to Detroit or not. They could still draft a guy like Drummond too, then they would have an extra big since Wallace will probably retire and he could play behind Kaman which would give him some time to develop.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:12 AM   #8
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputation

We have the 9th pick (fingers crossed we get lucky in the lottery)

*Hope that one of Lamb or Beal slips to 9, take them.

*Trade Stuckey and a future 2nd round pick for the 12th/13th pick, and then slect Henson with this pick.

Monroe
Henson
Prince (captain / mentor)
Lamb
Knight

Great defense, great soft touch in the paint, great speed, no tweeners, nice!
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: