Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
Chapallaz
Banned

Default Re: Muslims vs Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
If you don't understand the religion, don't discuss it. Do some unbiased research first.

If all people would do unbiased research first, religion would not excist.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
No Name
derp

what the hell do ppl do at an atheist convention
No Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
Chapallaz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name
what the hell do ppl do at an atheist convention
Talk/discuss/meet with like-minded people?
Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
If you don't understand the religion, don't discuss it. Do some unbiased research first. You'll soon find out that the way some Middle Eastern societies are ran is not in direct following of Islamic rules.

Women do have rights under Islamic laws. It's under those twisted, corrupt country laws of Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., that you'll be led to believe by Western media that women are oppressed.

This is like judging Christianity by the way some Southern hicks live... Just magnified to countries instead of counties.
LAWL, I lived in Egypt fool, I understand the religion.

What happens to women in heaven? The man gets 72 eternal virgins, and the women get what?

In some ways Mohammed promoted women's rights but in most ways he crushed them.

Not just in Arab countries, also look at Iran, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bosnia, in other words, every muslim country.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
Chapallaz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
LAWL, I lived in Egypt fool, I understand the religion.

What happens to women in heaven? The man gets 72 eternal virgins, and the women get what?

In some ways Mohammed promoted women's rights but in most ways he crushed them.

Not just in Arab countries, also look at Iran, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bosnia, in other words, every muslim country.
Living in Egypt as a kid = understanding Muslim religion? Ha!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #21
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
what I dont get is why are all these western white women converting to islam now, why do they want to have their rights and freedom restricted? Are women really that weak willed and submissive?

I can answer this one quite easily.

Security and marriage and a household for growing kids simply outweighs their desire.

Also, under Islam any money the woman makes is hers, and anything the husband makes is shared.

Other possible reasons:
- Most girls believe in fate and destiny and things happen for a reason and outside uncontrollable forces and astrology and horoscopes a good love story. Why wouldn't a religion fit in with their worldview?
- People in Europe see weakn
- Girls f*cking hate weakness in men and they see Muslims as having a strong faith. Pre-1950ish they were quite content with American men, but it seems that they have lost their masculine pride (so sayeth Vegeta) and now they're pursuing husband material else-where.
- Maybe it's the PC thing turned upside down. Maybe it's. Maybe it's the inevitable fact that 40% of America will be composed of Latinos and like Russel Peters said everyone's gonna be a shade of brown eventually lulz.
- The whole eradication of guilt she-bang (which I don't even disgaree with). You party in your late teens and early 20s and hop on any c0ck you see and then later you repent for your sins and live a peaceful, spiritual life. Loon did it. Tyson did it. Why not extend the option to the ladies? Sinners turned Saints >>> Perpetual Saints
- Maybe it's cuz normal WHite DUdes are sick of their own women's debauchery and sluttery and can't fathom the idea of being tied down and putting a ring on it?

Btw, I agree with you on that. What the f*ck happened to Muslims. Back in the 622-1400 we were the sh!t. Allah damnit. Averroes, IbnSIna. Caliphates. CHemistry. Poetry. Khalil GIbrain. Algebra. Coffee. Numerical System. Saladin extending palms out to all...

I mean we still got Fiasco, Ali, Loon, that rugby dude from down in New Zealand, Ribery, Van Persie, Zidane, Cana, Jackson and Tyson in brief doses, the Olympic beasts in SE Europe and the princes of North Africa and Arabia so I guess we doin aight.

However, Every freakin day i Read about some dumbazz thug harassing Swedish females, or an honor killing, or some puccy talking about "islamophobia" herpderp we fukked up our reputations plain and simple. I'm glad my immediate community is composed of honest, hardworking, cool folks. FFS I can't even make excuses no more. We're degenerating at a rapid rate. Chivalry, respect, compassion and these principles were so widely celebrated and taken seriously at one time. And sh!t why can't these bastards (those who give a bad name) come into the country, assimilate properly, and practice. All you need is Shahadah, Salat, Zakat, Ramadan, Hajj; a lack of riba, alcohol, gambling, pork, a weekly Friday prayer (Jumaa) and a general civil demeanor. Well... the premarital sex part is hard but some things are better left behind closed doors. That's all. How could something os simple and seemingly good screw up.

Prayer (meditation), a belief in god, Fasting, Pilgrimage, and Charity to the poor are the five pillars. The rest is each and every dude's and dudette's decision to make. I see these as not only neutral but beneficial to society, yet a few clowns fukk things up. If any of you have read T'ess of the D'urbevilles there is a certain passive strength the heroine exhibits; that many have to endure obstacles yet walk steadily towards their goals.

Shame on the Egyptians for isolating/harassing you like that Nick Young.. I would've shown utmost hospitality for any guest or outsider in my country just as I've been shown these past two decades, as would the great leader Saladin, as would Prophet PBUH. BUt again we surrender to our f*ckin ostracizing/"ooh hes different from us that means he cant be trusted" animal nature and let all hell rain loose. Yuck.

ANyways Embarassing interview... check out Dr. Zahed for an articulate Muslim dude.

We have yet to have a speaker rival WIlliam Lane Craig. What pisses me off is most Muslim parents are so strict and adamant about education but crikey the critical thinking, debate skills, and philosophy majors are sorely lacking AND we're getting bamboozled by Indians and Jews in those professions.

That may change however.

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 04-29-2012 at 04:16 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #22
Chapallaz
Banned

Van Persie became Muslim because he had to hehehe....
Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #23
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
We have yet to have a speaker rival WIlliam Lane Craig. What pisses me off is most Muslim parents are so strict and adamant about education but crikey the critical thinking, debate skills, and philosophy majors are sorely lacking AND we're getting bamboozled by Indians and Jews in those professions.

william lane craig? i'll give him the credit of being a good public speaker and his arguments sound superficially plausible. but he is hardly a decent philosopher. you don't want a guy like him.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #24
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Paused @ 2:26... That bitch has a booty!
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: