Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #61
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 8,164
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
Got rejected after breaking up with someone else a few weeks ago. I guess I'll enjoy being single and have fun playing video games and ISH.

Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #62
d.bball.guy
Kobe for President
 
d.bball.guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,313
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #63
Noah Rose
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 273
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Derrick Rose
Noah Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #64
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 18,742
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
I wish it was that easy.

Hey man, if you want to go to school to move on to a better life, and your current job doesn't allow you to attend, then it is simple. You need another job.

I worked full time and went to school full time for four years. There are plenty of jobs that will accommodate this. You just need to go get them.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #65
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,679
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Hey man, if you want to go to school to move on to a better life, and your current job doesn't allow you to attend, then it is simple. You need another job.

I worked full time and went to school full time for four years. There are plenty of jobs that will accommodate this. You just need to go get them.

I know what you're saying but the problem with that is that the best job I can possibly get at the moment besides the one I'm working would be minimum wage.
I've got a daughter to take care of. My current job pays really well. I don't have family who will willingly help me if I stop making as much money, and my girl can't work.

Woe is me indeed.

Thanks for the advice, though. I wish I could find a better job, but I won't be able to find one that pays just as well as this one.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #66
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,713
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Medical Bills. Money generally. Just a lot of unexpected expenditures at a time where we need to go away which is costing a bit of money. We'll get by (what choice is there) but that's about it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #67
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,594
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Alright I actually have a bit of a problem right now ya'll will get a kick out of this.

My girl and I want to get to that next level you know what I mean? But we never have enough time or space because her folks are so over bearing and never really let her out without constantly checking up and stuff. I mean it is what it is, it's okay. What's not okay is that my place is out of the picture for a little while too cause my moms just had surgery and it home for the next little bit. So we have nowhere to go and no privacy.

I mean... good problems, but still man. Wish I had a bigger car.


Borrow a friend's car.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #68
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 18,742
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
I know what you're saying but the problem with that is that the best job I can possibly get at the moment besides the one I'm working would be minimum wage.
I've got a daughter to take care of. My current job pays really well. I don't have family who will willingly help me if I stop making as much money, and my girl can't work.

Woe is me indeed.

Thanks for the advice, though. I wish I could find a better job, but I won't be able to find one that pays just as well as this one.

Do you live in the middle of nowhere? I find that hard to believe otherwise. Go wait tables. You'll make a hell of lot more than minimum wage.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #69
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,713
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Borrow a friend's car.
DONT COME IN MY ROOM MOM! WE ARE JUST STUDYING. WHATS THAT SQUEAKING NOISE? THATS MY BOOKS! DONT COME IN MOM!
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #70
JMT
NBA lottery pick
 
JMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,513
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Deciding whether to continue to work for myself (less stress, less hours, less effort, less money) or to accept a job that's been offered (more of all of the above...especially money).

I'm at a point in life where I'm basically semi-retired, but this job offer presents the opportunity to keep doing what I love and earn some nice $$$. Thought I was past the point where money was such a big motivator to me, but to earn while staying in the field I love is intriguing.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #71
sick_brah07
National High School Star
 
sick_brah07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,224
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Alright I actually have a bit of a problem right now ya'll will get a kick out of this.

My girl and I want to get to that next level you know what I mean? But we never have enough time or space because her folks are so over bearing and never really let her out without constantly checking up and stuff. I mean it is what it is, it's okay. What's not okay is that my place is out of the picture for a little while too cause my moms just had surgery and it home for the next little bit. So we have nowhere to go and no privacy.

I mean... good problems, but still man. Wish I had a bigger car.


man i ****ed in a park last night

trust me there are a lot of places to get balls deep
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #72
sick_brah07
National High School Star
 
sick_brah07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,224
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Deciding whether to continue to work for myself (less stress, less hours, less effort, less money) or to accept a job that's been offered (more of all of the above...especially money).

I'm at a point in life where I'm basically semi-retired, but this job offer presents the opportunity to keep doing what I love and earn some nice $$$. Thought I was past the point where money was such a big motivator to me, but to earn while staying in the field I love is intriguing.


lifestyle and less money are the way to go in my opinion

im earning more money right now but im doing about 65 hours a week give or a take a few hours and theres only so much longer i can keep it up it has drained my blood even though I actually enjoy my job
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #73
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of 6 NBA titles
Posts: 54,048
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

I really like this young girl. I hope she's still single.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #74
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon
 
HylianNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,889
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

dealing with my gf's past, focusing on my last class for my AA
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #75
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,138
Default Re: What is your main problem right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I really like this young girl. I hope she's still single.



Lebron23 will be featured on next "To Catch a Predator" episode
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy