Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #451
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Why didn't the Raiders take him?
Because Al Davis doesn't run the team anymore.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #452
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #453
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GOBB, you can pm me an avy from our bet whenever.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #454
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputationQUIZZLE has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts

touche, go Pirates!
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #455
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So apparently Holmgren wanted to draft Kendall Wright? That true Brownies?
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #456
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
So apparently Holmgren wanted to draft Kendall Wright? That true Brownies?
He insinuated that during a radio interview today... Basically said that in the picks leading up to taking Weeden at 22, they had to reshuffle their board a couple of times and he specifically said that they did have interest in Wright.

I think Weeden was always the plan at QB. However, I think their plan may have been to draft Wright at 22 and then move back into the end of the first round to grab Weeden, just in case another team tried to jump them at 37. That is just my personal opinion, but it comes after reading dozens of reports and hearing Holmgren on the radio today.

Once Wright was gone, they just went ahead and took Weeden, because they didn't really value any of the other WRs left.

I think that the Browns were really high on Blackmon/Floyd/Wright, but literally no one after those three... At least, not enough to take within the first three rounds.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #457
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Phil Taylor torn pectoral.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #458
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Phil Taylor torn pectoral.
Yep. Likely done for the season.

2012 off to a great start.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #459
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Yep. Likely done for the season.

2012 off to a great start.

First Weeden, now Taylor.

I really wanted the Browns to succeed. I liked McCoy.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #460
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Cleveland Browns first-round picks Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson impressive in first rookie camp practice

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden and running back Trent Richardson were impressive in their first rookie minicamp camp practice today.

Weeden showed off his strong arm, throwing nice, tight spirals with good velocity and zip. He completed plenty of out routes and several deep balls. He also looked fluid operating under center and dropping back. His footwork looked completely natural despite throwing primarily out of the shotgun in college his last two seasons.

"I feel really comfortable under center,'' he said. "I'll be honest, I like being under center more because I can see more of what's going on, and you get the ball immediately. If I had to pick one of the two -- not that I don't like being in the shotgun -- but I like being under center.''

Weeden said he's determined to beat out Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace for the starting job.

"That's the approach that we're all going to take,'' said Weeden. "It's going to be fun. Colt's been in this system for two years, so he understands the offense. I'm going to ask him questions and we're going to learn together and compete. that's what it's all about. I think he would answer the same way: we're going to do whatever we can to help this team win games, plain and simple. Whether it's me, him, obviously I hope I'm the guy. I'm going to do everything in my power to be the guy but you've got to take it one step at a time.''

Weeden showed off his natural chemistry with former Oklahoma State receiver Josh Cooper, his second-leading receiver there, and also completed some balls to fourth-round pick Travis Benjamin. His quick release and accuracy -- although under no pressure yet -- were evident.

"Even when I first picked up the football, I've always been a natural thrower,'' he said. "Obviously if we get our feet set it's really easy. I was fortunate. When I got to the college level, I took a lot of pride in it. Today I threw the ball fairly accurately, not as good as I can. I've been blessed to be able to throw the football.''

Weeden hopes to bring a championship to the win-starved Browns fans.

"Before I'm done playing I want to win a Super Bowl,'' he said. "That's my goal as a player.''

Richardson showed good burst and speed, and also caught the ball well out of the backfield. He bobbled the first few exchanges, but settled into his game after that.

"You've got to get used to the double numbers on the jerseys,'' he said. "They're kind of slick. I didn't have double numbers or a slick jersey (at Alabama). When I got used to the handoffs with Brandon, another quarterback and stuff, I went with the flow. I know it was a rough start but as it went on, everything smoothed on out.''

He also learned quickly why Weeden was able to throw 90-plus mph fastballs in the minor leagues.

"He's got a strong arm,'' said Richardson. "I was three yards away from him, he threw it real hard and I had to put my hands up real fast. I can see why he played baseball.''

The camp runs through Sunday.

The Browns also signed sixth-round defensive tackle Billy Winn of Boise State. He becomes more important now that Phil Taylor is out for months with a torn pectoral muscle.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur said the team has not discussed acquiring receiver Plaxico Burress, who told Sirius XM Radio that the Browns are one of about four teams he's like to play for.

Link
Old 05-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #461
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
First Weeden, now Taylor.

I really wanted the Browns to succeed. I liked McCoy.

And they traded up to draft Trent Richardson as well.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #462
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People acting like Weeden is a bad pick are delusional. Maybe he coulda been had in the 2nd, sure but other than his age, the guy has always seemed to me to be a good pro prospect. The way he plays will work pretty well with having a the makings of a great offensive line. He's not the most athletic QB but he has a strong arm and seems to have a lot of content between the ears.

Sucks about Taylor, love that guy. Still wish he was the Skins nose guard. Hope he maes a quick return
ROCSteady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #463
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
People acting like Weeden is a bad pick are delusional

Even Browns fans say its a bad pick.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #464
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
People acting like Weeden is a bad pick are delusional. Maybe he coulda been had in the 2nd, sure but other than his age, the guy has always seemed to me to be a good pro prospect. The way he plays will work pretty well with having a the makings of a great offensive line. He's not the most athletic QB but he has a strong arm and seems to have a lot of content between the ears.

Sucks about Taylor, love that guy. Still wish he was the Skins nose guard. Hope he maes a quick return
Bolded is the important part.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #465
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Get over it

It's not gonna change. We picked the guy, everyone had their say for a couple of days, now let him get his reps in all the camps.

Go post some more Kyrie nuthugging stuff to make you feel better. Be sure to check RCF for more info that you can use.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: