Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 04-27-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default DeMarcus Cousins wants to play for Team USA

Cousins, in a typically candid postgame conversation, said he hoped to be invited to Las Vegas, and if so, expected to make the final roster. LIke, um, the 2012 Olympic roster. "I mean, who wouldn't want to play for Team USA?" he said. "Go over there and represent your country. I would love to do it."

Asked if he would be willing to go to Las Vegas strictly as an invitee with the Select Team, comprised of players chosen to challenge Team USA in scrimmages and practices, influencing the likelihood of their own future Olympic appearances, the Kings second-year center added: "I feel like if I did go play for the Select Team, I probably would get a spot (on the Olympic team). Honestly ... but we'll see."

-- Sacramento Bee
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: DeMarcus Cousins wants to play for Team USA

Sacramento Bee:

To his credit, though, Cousins, 21, retreated to the gym during the summer and arrived at training camp in far better shape. He lost much of his baby fat and started losing the attitude. When Westphal issued what team officials refer to as a "him or me" ultimatum seven games into the season, the organization's response was a no-brainer; Keith Smart took over and supervised a serious Cousins growth spurt that led to averages of 18.1 points and 11 rebounds, including a league-leading 4.1 on the offensive end. He progressed in virtually every facet of his game and made dramatic strides in both demeanor and conditioning.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: