Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #46
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: people make me sick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
It's a statistical fact that blacks have much higher crime rates than other racial groups, so it's not necessarily "racist" to respond that way. It's just acknowledging the principles of probability.

If bears are more likely to attack humans than raccoons are, would you react to both animals the same way? No, of course you wouldn't. It would make sense to be more wary when you encounter a bear in the wild versus encountering a raccoon in the wild. That doesn't mean you have something against bears. Doesn't make you a species-ist.
But the bear and raccoon are different species. Maybe a better example would be black and white dogs. But that's a great point
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #47
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This just reeks of the same bullshit excuses made in the "White Privilege" thread a week ago. It is what it is. Racism exists.

Just because you want to pretend it doesn't exist does not make it so. You'll understand if you simply take the time out to speak to a person of color.

I'm a brown guy. I've experienced enough prejudice to know that any time I'm the only one of my skin tone in a room full of predominantly whites, blacks, yellows, etc., I will be judged, not by the character in which I portray myself but by the stereotypical character in which they themselves imagine me to be. The same goes for any other race, except for Whites.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

This is coming from someone married to a white woman.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #48
donald_trump
im a superhero

donald_trump is starting to rub some people the wrong way

its not racism, so much as fear of the unknown. thats the honest truth if you look at the first video.

you have the white guy, the black guy, and then the girl. each got a reaction based on how much people actually thought they were capable of. black being the most unknown to a white community, got the most fear/anger responses.

racism is a hatred, its not what you see in this video. everyone has preformed assumptions based on appearance, and its not racism.
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #49
JohnnyWall
Banned

JohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
But the bear and raccoon are different species. Maybe a better example would be black and white dogs. But that's a great point

Blacks and whites are basically like different species.
JohnnyWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #50
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

African Americans didn't bring crack cocaine into their own neighborhoods.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #51
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

Faith in humanity restored!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSUVu...eature=related
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #52
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

op you're a gullible fggt for basing your world view on tv of all things .. tv is for entertainment .. not reality fkwad .. most of that shit is scripted
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #53
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

speaking of sick .. can you imagine driving by an overpass and seeing this ?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05...est=latestnews
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #54
Shadynasty's
The Nightman Cometh

Shadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterShadynasty's is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
speaking of sick .. can you imagine driving by an overpass and seeing this ?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05...est=latestnews

I remember watching a Nat Geo program a few years ago about the drug cartels down there in Mexico. A guy they interviewed said he expected it to soon escalate to an all-out war with complete corruption and collapse of the Mexican government.

Pretty crazy stuff. It feels like the modern day Wild West happening so close to the US. You have to think there will be more and more spillover of violence into CA, AZ, NM and TX.
Shadynasty's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #55
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I always lock my bike on this fence near the train station. It's the part of town with the heaviest foot traffic, so I always assume it's relatively safe. My bike is a racing bike, I guess to the untrained eye that makes it look more valuable than it is. A while back some fool locked my bike to the fence with another lock while I was gone, with the obvious intent to steal that shit at night.

So when I returned I called up a buddy to bring over some tools, so we could remove the second lock. It must have taken me 15 minutes to saw through the steel chain. We looked like total thieves. Two young men in hoodies sawing the lock off an expensive looking bike. It was the early evening and there must have been at least 70 people or so eyeballing us, but nobody even said a word. I'm thinking someone probably called the police, but still. Good to be white.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #56
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
This just reeks of the same bullshit excuses made in the "White Privilege" thread a week ago. It is what it is. Racism exists.

Just because you want to pretend it doesn't exist does not make it so. You'll understand if you simply take the time out to speak to a person of color.

I'm a brown guy. I've experienced enough prejudice to know that any time I'm the only one of my skin tone in a room full of predominantly whites, blacks, yellows, etc., I will be judged, not by the character in which I portray myself but by the stereotypical character in which they themselves imagine me to be. The same goes for any other race, except for Whites.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

This is coming from someone married to a white woman.

i always thought you were white
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #57
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Blacks and whites are basically like different species.

IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #58
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Be happy black people got equal rights in USA, I recently read that the president in South Africa said kill all white people and it looks like this pretty much all over the world were white people are minority.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #59
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
In the animal world, the species of an animal is more analogous to human race than the color of the animal. Unlike with animals, human skin color is directly related to human race.

Thanks for clearing this up.

I had no idea black people were a different species.

RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #60
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

Oh JohnnyWall your breaking my black bad thug evil alien species heart.

Go to walmart and you will realize every race has a large percentage of *****.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: