Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch has died

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Seeing them at Lollapalooza was one of the best concert experiences of my life. George Clinton and the P Funk All Stars played earlier and I didn't think they could top that, but they were fantastic and the whole crowd was with them.

Also since it was a NYC show, the crowd was crazy for them. The anticipation before they hit the stage was insane.

You know that part in Rhyming and Stealing where they start chanting "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" and it goes from a whisper to a scream. was probably the most scared, I'd ever been in a mosh pit. You could feel every kid in the place was about to go berserk and they did.

love that part!

sucks man. i knew he was sick but i didn't know he was so gravely ill....i guess there were hints there with no public appearances and all. **** you, cancer

Last edited by blacknapalm : 05-04-2012 at 02:49 PM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #17
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
The Beastie Boys were amazing. I have all of their cd's still and some t-shirts. Body Movin and Intergalactic were such awesome music videos (brb going to youtube).
And MCA directed both MVs, among other Beastie Boys' MVs.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #18
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RIP
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

RIP. Always liked Beastie Boy's music.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Music has lost a true icon. I was even wearing a besties boys shirt when i heard the news. RlP Adam.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #22
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sad, and makes me feel so old.

I think I was 10 or 11 years old when License to Ill came out.

I remember "fight for your right" as an anthem of sorts that was always played at birthday parties and such.

Never got too into their "newer" stuff really, but their early stuff was the shizzle when I was a kid in the late 80s.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #23
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When i was in high school that first album was the shit. It was every white kids gateway drug into hip hop. Sad.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #24
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This just brings me so far back. License to Ill I think was the first tape I ever bought, which dates me in a couple ways. I sort of lost touch with the entire hip hop scene somewhere about the time Puffy became a big deal. But even now I've never stopped listening to Beastie Boy stuff. I saw them live twice, and both shows were among the best I've ever been too. I'm not sure there is a group this mainstream for whom no one seems to dislike. They strike so many chords. They manage to reach the edges of hipster white culture, punk rock, and still be so in touch with the roots of hip hop, that I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone ever, ever, never, have a BB song come on the radio or over my ipod and had them say, oh ... I hate this song. It doesn't seem to matter your taste or background, there's something purely energetic and rhythmic about there stuff that somehow works for everyone.

I got a facebook message from an old buddy after this news hit I haven't talked to in probably fifteen years. We went to one of those concerts together, and he wrote me a pm and we spent much of the workday bouncing back and fourth about that and all the other good times we had. He asked if I still had that blue BB ringer Tshirt with the ABA basketball logo on it that I wore to that show. I do. I just wish it still fit me.

And if anyone has any good cancer cure ideas out there we're all ears out here on earth.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #25
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think No Sleep till Brooklyn was probably my favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Y0cy-nvAg

Such a good song!
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is considered somewhat coolTheMan is considered somewhat cool

RIP MCA, I grew up on their music
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Dang. i never really listened to the beastie boys, but their music videos are amazing. Music industry lost an icon and hip hop lost a pioneer. rest with love...
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #28
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A few days later and I am still troubled by this. The Beastie Boys were so important in the 90s to me and so many other like minded people in every city and town. I realize License to Ill came out in the 80s (but that never represented who they'd become) and Paul's Boutique (their best work) came out at the end of July '89, but it was the 90s that The Beastie Boys were the shit.
People always talk about pop stars and their influence on culture, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone with a greater influence on young people in the 90s then the Beastie Boys, they just brought it and were accepted by all, hip hop heads, alternative fans, rock fans etc...For people like myself, they were the ultimate band, never my favorite, but always in rotation (and even my favorites weren't always in rotation). Its like Q-Tip said they were: "Never ever ever f*ckin wack." They were cool as shit, and way more influential on culture than any pop act.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #30
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

beastie boys will live on a thousand years later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUrsKjTP2Zk

seriously though, RIP
magic chiongson is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: