Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #16
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Plotholes in Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time

the matrix has a glaringly obvious plot hole. that is the idea of using humans as power. the power in processing a virtual world, running the machines outside the matrix, providing food for the people, and maintaining infrastructure far outweighs the amount of power you would get from human body heat.

i think a better concept would be that the humans brain power was being used by the computers (human brains being powerful parallel processing machines). it would be a true role reversal between computers and humans and i think a more meaningful story. we would be slaves to the machines that we built to serve us.

Not to mention the part mentioned in one of those links above about the traitor able to jump in and out of the Matrix without any assistance.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #17
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the Matrix sequels had so many plotholes that you just had to stop and ignore them or you'd need to leave the theater.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I think the Matrix sequels had so many plotholes that you just had to stop and ignore them or you'd need to leave the theater.

Yeah, some movies you just say "F*ck it, I don't care."
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Yeah, some movies you just say "F*ck it, I don't care."
i don't like movies that establish ground rules, then ignore them. The Matrix sequels are like that. Fantasy is ok, but within the universe you establish things need to work. I feel like that watching True Blood sometimes, Vampires can rush over and end your life in a second, but they don't sometimes, just because that would ruin the plot.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
that morning report song is horrible though. ruins the entire movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i don't like movies that establish ground rules, then ignore them. The Matrix sequels are like that. Fantasy is ok, but within the universe you establish things need to work. I feel like that watching True Blood sometimes, Vampires can rush over and end your life in a second, but they don't sometimes, just because that would ruin the plot.

yea, I can handle all kinds of crazy shit in a movie so long as it sticks to its own rules.

I think that was one of the major things that pissed me off about the Star Wars prequels. Those are loaded with instances of Lucas completely ignoring the rules of his own self created universe.

For example, at the start of Phantom Menace, the Jedi have this Flash like super speed they use to run away from some robots who have deflector shields. Ok, I guess they could have just used a force push to crush the robots but ok, I'll accept it. But then later at the end of the film, Liam Neeson is battling the Red Skull and Obi-Wan can't help him b/c he has to wait for some kind of pink power thing to open up. WTF? Use your damn super speed to run past those stupid ass power couplings straight out of Galaxy Quest for the few seconds they are open. Why the hell are you running like a normal human? Where the hell did the super speed go the rest of the trilogy? So much shit could have been avoided had they continued to use it.

Last edited by kentatm : 05-07-2012 at 03:54 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: