Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 05-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Hawks stay alive, beat Celtics in Game 5

Boston Globe:

The Celtics never do anything without drama. They never do anything without generating a little stress and anxiety.

What we have counted on the Celtics to accomplish the past five years is to execute down the stretch, to put themselves in the position to succeed with the game on the line. While Paul Pierce or Ray Allen may not always sink that decisive shot, the Celtics have prided themselves on being experts in late-game situations.

In Tuesday nightís 87-86 loss in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals at Philips Arena, the Celticsí late-game execution was wretched. The game ended with Rajon Rondo, after stealing an inbounds pass with nine seconds left, trying to pass when he needed to shoot. But Rondo isnít solely to blame for the Hawks forcing a Game 6 Thursday in Boston.

He single-handedly brought the Celtics back from their stupor to take a 4-point lead in the fourth quarter. But when Pierce airballed a jumper with 18.9 seconds left with the Celtics trailing by a point, no one on the court apparently realized they were not out of fouls, meaning they needed to foul twice to get the Hawks to the line.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hawks stay alive, beat Celtics in Game 5

Celtics captain Paul Pierce tried to downplay how much his ailing left knee affected his play during Tuesday's 87-86 loss to the Hawks in Game 5 of an Eastern Conference first-round series at Philips Arena, but couldn't help but admit he was a step slow.

Pierce labored at times, connecting on 7 of 17 shots overall, while posting 16 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals over 36 minutes of play. Pierce also committed 3 turnovers and airballed a late-game jumper with a chance to put Boston out front in the final seconds.

"I donít really think it bothered me too much," said Pierce. "I didnít really try to think about it. I probably was a little step slower, I didn't have my usual lift that I usually do. But I donít think it really affected me, too much. I mean, Iím not a high-riser anyway."

-- ESPN Boston
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Celtics captain Paul Pierce tried to downplay how much his ailing left knee affected his play during Tuesday's 87-86 loss to the Hawks in Game 5 of an Eastern Conference first-round series at Philips Arena, but couldn't help but admit he was a step slow.

Pierce labored at times, connecting on 7 of 17 shots overall, while posting 16 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals over 36 minutes of play. Pierce also committed 3 turnovers and airballed a late-game jumper with a chance to put Boston out front in the final seconds.

"I donít really think it bothered me too much," said Pierce. "I didnít really try to think about it. I probably was a little step slower, I didn't have my usual lift that I usually do. But I donít think it really affected me, too much. I mean, Iím not a high-riser anyway."

-- ESPN Boston

Pierce needs rest badly. Rondo, KG, and Ray all have to play well to ensure victory in game 6.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pierce should play this game no matter what, if he needs rest then he'll have a 4 day rest before the second round if we beat the hawks now
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: