Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 05-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Thanks Thread

Although it was inevitable that the Knicks lost.

I want to thank the team for making an awesome effort.

Who do you want to give props to specifically?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: Thanks Thread

No one in particular, at least they went down swinging.

Had enough pride to not get swept.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Mike D'antoni. You held on as long as you could, sweet prince.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
Rowe
Scoring Champ

The first person that needs to be thanked is Knickscity.

With him being the mod of this forum, I have no clue how he was able to put up with the roller coaster ride of this season. Espescially going from our expectations to our disappointments and ultimately just a total roller coaster ride of a season that finally is over.

Secondly, I want to thank all of the Knicks forum members:
franchize, bluechox, Sarcastic, Clutch, Draz, Rameek, Jasi, Bano, NY-Knicks, & last but not least our favorite "Melo hater" Scooter. If I missed you by name still thanks go out to you too.

Anyways as far as the team goes

Thanks to Pringles for taking the right step and resigning

Thanks to Mike Woodson for actually teaching these guys that defense exists

Thanks to Tyson Chandler for being the defensive anchor & emotional leader of this squad.

Thanks to Steve Novak for the clutch 3's and the Discount Double Check move.

Thanks to Carmelo Anthony for waking up in the final month of the season and carrying us to the Playoffs.

Thanks to Amare for growing that ridiculous beard and planning to return next season with an afro

Thanks to Iman Shumpert for taking pride in defense and really giving us our first defensive stopper in awhile

Thanks to Jeremy Lin for Linsanity! but most importantly for taking the reigns of the team when we were searching for the answer at PG

Thanks to Baron Davis for being a professional about the Jeremy Lin situation and working as a teacher for the young guards

Thanks to Landry Fields for all the hustle plays he made to make up for being a liability on offense

Thanks to Jared Jeffries for showing why Isiah gave him that contract for his defensive ability when he was healthy

Thanks to Renaldo Balkman for having a great pre-season game and getting those MVP chants

Thanks to Bill Walker for getting hot that 1 game

Thanks to Jorts for hitting a few 3's and giving hope to all goofy looking White guys to make the NBA

Thanks to JR Smith for the highlights in between the brainless plays

Thanks to Mike Bibby for playing better than anyone would have expected out of him when he did play

Thanks to Jerome Jordan for being able to make it back to attend the game in between his trips to Erie

Thanks to Toney Douglas for the effort but your services are no longer needed
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Good shoutout Rowe, much appreciated.

Everyone has been good, it definitely has been one hell of a ride.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:44 AM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

thanks to shumpert and davis for playing our their hearts...

thanks to the rest for playing like true knicks
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Thanks to Melo for leaving it on the court. This was certainly not his best year. His health and fitness wasn't where it needed to be, but all things considered, he cranked it up in the most important moments of the season. He wasn't as efficient as he normaly is, but he played his heart out last night.

Thanks to Shumpert for being our REAL defensive leader. He readily took on challenges defensively in a scoring guard's league. Sometimes he was turnover prone, and at times his jumper was God awful but you could see him getting better and better every game. After a while, we all strted to forget he was a rookie.

Thanks to Jeremy Lin. I was harsh on him, and to an extent deservingly so. I'm still nto sold on him being our PG going forward but I admire his perseverance and the way he handled the hype. He could have easily gave up when he was rotting on the bench. He also could have handled the attention like Tim Tebow and went from Jesus' little helper to attention whore. Jeremy is a classy guy!

Thank to Amare. Look. I have big time problems with this guy's effort on a nightly, consistent basis. However, to be able to play with all that this guy has gone through this year, in the biggest media in the country, is a victory in itself.

Thank to Mike Woodson I still see holes in your philosophies, but I applaud you for holding guys accountable but not ripping them in the media like "the other Mike" did. From everything down to making JR Smith pull his pants up, to making EVERYBODY on the team take accountability for their play.

Thanks to Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby and Josh Harrelson for making me look brilliant lol I'm glad you guys didn't take an entire season to show you sucked. You went right out there and stunk it up like I always knew you could! It was a sketchy in December and January, but I knew ultimately, you'd be the laughable bums I expected you to be lol

Thanks to Tyson Chandler. I still think you're overrated. I still think you're overpaid. I still you get stupid techs and stupid fouls called on you in critical moments in the game. I still think you showed up credibly small in this series when we needed you. However, I must applaud you for your intensity. You've been the most intense guy on the team all year. You've also, with the exception of that little jab during your award speech, have carried yourself in the media very well. You don't put guys down and you're always encouraging your teammates. Thanks for your optimism.

Thanks to Knickscity. Seriously, we go at it at times about Jared Jeffries and our horrific bench but you do a tremendous job on here. You're not too overbearing but you also don't let threads get out of hand. You've mastered the art of knowing when to shut a thread down so much to where I can feel it coming lol. I truly enjoy posting on this site on a daily basis. This Knicks board is WAY better than the Jets board I post on and you are one of the main reasons why.

Thanks to the regulars. I hope you guys know I mean no harm when I post. Things got unnecessarily heated during this year in some arguments. It's basketball guys. I LOVE this game and I genuinely LOVE the Knicks. I appreciate all of our discussions. I've shared way more than I ever planned about my life with you guys. As you know, I've gone through quite a few milestones in the past 3 years (baby, marraige etc.) I went from partying college kid to a complete square lol I'm way more mature now and I'd rather get into a healthy debate over sports than be in anyone's club. I owe a lot to you guys for keeping me sane while I continue to see my HS basketball body gradually go down the drain lol

Let's continue to keep this board a quality place for TRUE Knicks fans!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I want to say thanks to Mike D'Antoni.
For real

I used to be one of "those people" that always say "coaching doesn't matter, it's the players that do all the work". Well boy was I wrong, and thank you Mr. D'Antoni for showing me how much damage a truly clueless coach can do.

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Jasi
Quality?

Nice posts in here

Thanks knickscity for the wonderful job as a mod.
Thanks everyone in here for the always intriguing debates.

I, too, got a few important milestones in my life in the last few years/months (wedding, baby, company funding) and I still see this board as a nice relief for the moments of stress.
Also, since NBA games for me are very late at night (or very early in the morning, as you prefer), when everyone else sleeps (except the little baby, sometimes ), this board is the only way to share my NBA and Knicks passion in "real time"

But, back to the actual point of the OP (i.e. the Knicks), while I don't blame anyone (except the management) I can't say I feel the need to thank anyone on the Knicks either. They're doing their job and they're well paid for it. They didn't give me any particular moment of (positive) astonishment.
Linsanity and a few of Melo beastly games were the peaks of excitement this season, and well, I wish more than that
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
Clutch
NBA Legend

Thanks to Mike D'Antoni for leaving just at time to save the season and get into the playoffs.

Thanks to Mike Woodson for making them play defense.

Thanks to Tyson Chandler for anchoring our defense and playing hard every night. Also props to him for being a great teammate.

Thanks to Iman Shumpert for being our key perimeter defender and for playing hard.

Thanks to Melo for some great moments during the season (2 threes in OT win vs Bulls,great game 4 against the Heat) and carrying us to the playoffs in April.
Also props to him for showing great effort later in the season even though he should have done it before.

Thanks to Amare for a few times he showed up and looked like a beast. Beautiful to watch him rebound and dunk over somebody.

Thanks to Lin for providing me the greatest time of my Knicks fan career.
I've never had so much fun watching the Knicks. Story of the year.

Thanks to Novak for hitting some key shots and bringing a lot of fun. Easily my favorite Knick when he's on. That atmosphere at the Garden when he starts hitting the threes is something amazing.

Thanks to Douglas for always celebrating and rooting for his teammates even though he was stuck on the bench.

Thanks to Bibby for showing up in the playoffs.

Thanks to Fields for playing smart.

Thanks to J.R. for some ridiculous dunks.

Thanks to Jorts,Jeffries for playing hard.

Thanks to Baron for some flashy passes.

Thanks to Jerome Jordan for being our scrub during garbage time.

Thanks to all the posters on the Knicks board (even you Scooter ) for some great discussions about my favorite team. I know I had different opinion many times but people disagree and that's fine. It was fun talking with you throughout the season and hopefully we'll remain active during the off season too.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #11
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Thank you, for getting my hopes up .
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: