Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Brandon Roy

Read an article stating the Bulls are one of the teams interested in signing Brandon Roy.

I'm all for it as long as he passes a physical obviously, looks good in a workout, and costs us the veteran's minimum or just a little bit over.

This is the definition of a low cost possibly high reward deal.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Brandon Roy

How is he able to come back now? I'm all for it if it's cheap and it's a short term deal to see how he plays. If he can produce even as a 6th man then sign him to a better deal.

Is he going to have that Kobe surgery?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's been rehabilitating for a long time now. I'd take him.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I'd take him for 20-25 minutes a night. Limit him throughout the whole season so that he's fresher for the playoffs. Limit his minutes to important minutes in the 4th quarter or in close games. Have him be RIP's backup. Have him be the secondary ball handler.

Limit his minutes for the majority of the season, but then later in the season if or when Rose returns gradually increase his playing time a bit to build that chemistry with Derrick.

Basketball wise it would definitely work, just hope that he's relatively healthy and can handle the load of an NBA season even if it means playing half the minutes he was used to he could still be very valuable.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
How is he able to come back now? I'm all for it if it's cheap and it's a short term deal to see how he plays. If he can produce even as a 6th man then sign him to a better deal.

Is he going to have that Kobe surgery?

I read that he did do the same procedure Kobe did last offseason that had people excited about how Kobe regained some of his athleticism going into last season and I do believe we saw a fresher, healthier, a little quicker and a more explosive Kobe last season compared to the 1-2 seasons before hand.

Hopefully Roy is doing well. He's a class act of a person and a great player who impacts the game in a lot of different ways.

If the Bulls feel confident he's somewhat healthy I would surely welcome him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: