Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Lakers Draft Robert Sacre

I thought this was a little odd. I've watched this guy play quite a bit over the last 3 years. One of my good friends is a huge Zaga fan and every time they make their trip down here to play LMU and Pepperdine we go watch the games. He was solid, but I never thought he'd get drafted. I always thought he would end up overseas. He was never the best player out on the court. He did have the size, but what got me is he played against guys that were smaller than he is and he couldn't dominate them. If he makes the roster it's because the Lakers are trying to keep the payroll down since it's cheap to sign 2nd rounders. He'd have to improve a ton to make any kind of impact on the team.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lakers Draft Robert Sacre

does seem like a nothing move
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

I guess the only reason why we got him is that you can't teach size
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For sure, it's the last pick in the draft lol. I don't think most people even watch for that.... May as well take someone with upside who wants to work hard. The vast majority of 2nd rounders don't even make it in the league. That's changed over the years due to cap requirements, teams love early 2nd round picks. This probably isn't one of those cases, (besides the obvious that it isn't an early 2nd rounder).
Old 06-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Really good pick at 60. Not only size but athleticism and aggressiveness. This guy will compete
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I thought this was a little odd. I've watched this guy play quite a bit over the last 3 years. One of my good friends is a huge Zaga fan and every time they make their trip down here to play LMU and Pepperdine we go watch the games. He was solid, but I never thought he'd get drafted. I always thought he would end up overseas. He was never the best player out on the court. He did have the size, but what got me is he played against guys that were smaller than he is and he couldn't dominate them. If he makes the roster it's because the Lakers are trying to keep the payroll down since it's cheap to sign 2nd rounders. He'd have to improve a ton to make any kind of impact on the team.

I m just mad they didn't draft Anthony Davis wih the last pick in the draft

Disappointed
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Solid pick.
At that point in the draft, I think the hope is to find a guy who MAY develope into a bench roll player.
I could see this guy possibly develope into a rebounder/shotblocker to back up Bynum down the road, sort of a Theo Ratliff type.
Not saying he's there now but he could become that type of player.
If the Laker bigs are currently Bynum, Gasol, Hill (hopefully) and McBob, this guy could be the 5th big. Probably won't see any PT except in blowouts. If he's not NBA ready they could send him down for a year and go after a vet min for the 5th big.
The Lakers actually have been pretty successful with 2nd rounders. DFish, Turiaf, Luke Walton, Ebanks etc.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I m just mad they didn't draft Anthony Davis wih the last pick in the draft

Disappointed

I hear ya, what where they thinking???
Old 06-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
pinoyballer247
I airball my layups

pinoyballer247 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
The Lakers actually have been pretty successful with 2nd rounders. DFish, Turiaf, Luke Walton, Ebanks etc.

He was actually a first rounder brosef.
pinoyballer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyballer247

this
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
Robster89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyballer247

My bad, Fish was a late fist rounder.
But add Marc Gasol to the list of good second round picks.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #12
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
My bad, Fish was a late fist rounder.
But add Marc Gasol to the list of good second round picks.

Yeah, and then we F'd up and put him into the trade for Pau instead of Sun Yue So it invalidates that draft choice.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah, and then we F'd up and put him into the trade for Pau instead of Sun Yue So it invalidates that draft choice.

Funny part is grizzs wanted sun Yue much more than Marc.. & we forced them to take Marc
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Robster89

Quote:
Funny part is grizzs wanted sun Yue much more than Marc.. & we forced them to take Marc

Ouch!

Dude, I saw your post on the main forum on the Bynum/DWill potential deal.
What is with some of those guys in there?Some of those losers are unbelievable, it's like their whole lives are tear down Laker fans.
Your a great poster, I always enjoy what you have to say (for what that's worth).
Old 06-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
That's actually not what happened

The Grizzlies wanted both Gasol and Sun Yue. Lakers said no we won't move both, pick one and they took Gasol

via NBA.com back then, direct quote from Kupchak

Quote:
Lakers' executive Mitch Kupchak claims that the Grizzlies were looking to acquire Sun Yue in a trade, according to NBA.com.

"Memphis also wanted Sun in the trade, but we wanted to keep at least one of those two guys so Memphis wanted Marc [Gasol], and we are happy that we were able to keep Sun Yue, because we liked him when we drafted him," Kupchak said.

It was never the Lakers choosing Sun Yue over Gasol, it was the Grizzlies choosing Gasol over Sun Yue because the Lakers wouldn't let go of both
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: