Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
Salto Morale
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default My thoughts on Big Ben

The Pistons will be better than the Bulls next year, but after that, I'd bet on Chicago eclipsing Detroit, with or without Ben Wallace.

The offers are roughly the same (DET: 4Y/$50M, CHI: 4Y/$60M), so if Big Ben's determining factor is on-court success, this sums up his choice:

(1) Try to squeeze out one more title with Detroit before decline begins? (Even '07 is no lock, given this year's fizzling finish.)
Or
(2) join the rising Bulls (in the process helping them vault the Pistons) and be on the East's hot contender from 2008-10?

It's rare for a 32-year-old like Wallace to enjoy "upside" again, but the Bulls have it, and he will join them for the ride.
(Update: Wallace's reaction to Detroit's offer isn't a good sign for the Pistons: "It was disappointing. It was not at all what I expected.") What did you expect Ben ?

Last edited by Salto Morale : 07-05-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Salto Morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
joewait
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salto Morale
The Pistons will be better than the Bulls next year, but after that, I'd bet on Chicago eclipsing Detroit, with or without Ben Wallace.

The offers are roughly the same (DET: 4Y/$50M, CHI: 4Y/$52M), so if Big Ben's determining factor is on-court success, this sums up his choice:

(1) Try to squeeze out one more title with Detroit before decline begins? (Even '07 is no lock, given this year's fizzling finish.)
Or
(2) join the rising Bulls (in the process helping them vault the Pistons) and be on the East's hot contender from 2008-10?

It's rare for a 32-year-old like Wallace to enjoy "upside" again, but the Bulls have it, and he should think hard about joining them for the ride.
(Update: Wallace's reaction to Detroit's offer isn't a good sign for the Pistons: "It was disappointing. It was not at all what I expected.")

It's going to be fun when he gets exposed this season as a nice role player
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
The offers are roughly the same (DET: 4Y/$50M, CHI: 4Y/$52M), so if Big Ben's determining factor is on-court success, this sums up his choice:

Big Ben got 4yrs/$60 Million from Chicago not 52 Million
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:37 AM   #4
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
Big Ben got 4yrs/$60 Million from Chicago not 52 Million

Tips4 owns Salto!

Hey tips, you haven't posted a pic. I bet that grovetd will hit on you.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:38 AM   #5
Salto Morale

Yes a mistake I admit thanks tips
Old 07-05-2006, 01:40 AM   #6
SCY
Put yr guns up

Your thoughts on Big Ben are so extremely important they deserved a new thread? Geeeeeeez.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:42 AM   #7
Salto Morale

Quote:
Your thoughts on Big Ben are so extremely important they deserved a new thread? Geeeeeeez.

Well no I guess but I thought they were important enough for everyone else to view.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:45 AM   #8
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

No problem. I dont blame Ben for going to Bulls. People are screaming out of there lungs about him leaving. Seriously if you were Wallace : you won a ring and you established yourself as the best defensive center in the game and someone offers you 60 million instead of 50 wouldnt you take it ? Forget the bull**** loyal talk, he is going to a team where he will probably be worshiped and probably made the leader there. Why should he pass up 60 Million instead of 50 and why should he pass up being the guy instead of being the 3rd guy. Its not like he is going to Hawks, he is going to Bulls. Its pathetic when people bring the loyalty talk, the guy did what he had to do !!!
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #9
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Well no I guess but I thought they were important enough for everyone else to view.

Post it in the Big Ben thread then azzhole.

2 x OT "My favourite sandwich" threads>>>>>>>>>40 x "My opinion on Big Ben threads"
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #10
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

Quote:

The offers are roughly the same (DET: 4Y/$50M, CHI: 4Y/$60M), so if Big Ben's determining factor is on-court success, this sums up his choice:

Or

It's rare for a 32-year-old like Wallace to enjoy "upside" again, but the Bulls have it, and he will join them for the ride.
(Update: Wallace's reaction to Detroit's offer isn't a good sign for the Pistons: "It was disappointing. It was not at all what I expected.") What did you expect Ben ?
actually it was 12 mil apart, and that's hardly the same, and why start another thread on this, there are at least two other threads on this forum that you could of gotten this point across.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:35 AM   #11
Heretik32
Myrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
It's going to be fun when he gets exposed this season as a nice role player

What else was he supposed to be? Detroit was such a great team because it only consisted of role players without depending on a superstar.
Of course a player that only plays D and no O is a role player. Wallace always was considered a role player.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #12
jamoore

Thing is, everybody is screaming championship now that Ben is on board, where basically Ben is a 32 year old role player who is on the decline. Not saying that the Bulls won't contend, I'm just saying that it is only July and lets not get carried away yet.
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #13
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Bulls arent really a contender. They are a nice young team that is still going to struggle to score the points necessary to win. That's their problem, not defense. They are basically Detroit when they had Stackhouse all over.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: