Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Lakers Bench

Is there anything worth out there that Lakers can do to improve its bench drastically (better than the Heat)?

Man...Heats now has Ray Allen & Rashard Lewis for cheap. David Stern should reject it like he meddled with CP3 deal. Pat Riley must have a PhD in sweet talking or something. Since Heat is the team to beat, we need to do something about our bench. Ours seem weak still.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Is there anything worth out there that Lakers can do to improve its bench drastically (better than the Heat)?

Man...Heats now has Ray Allen & Rashard Lewis for cheap. David Stern should reject it like he meddled with CP3 deal. Pat Riley must have a PhD in sweet talking or something. Since Heat is the team to beat, we need to do something about our bench. Ours seem weak still.

It's coming....we'll get it done.....as long as our plans don't include signing a bunch of scrubs like some are suggesting
Riley could sell snow to Eskimos in December
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

We do need to get on the bench.

Many players I thought could have helped are now signed.

Unfortunately, it looks like Blake will be our backup PG, I was hoping we could dump him and get Hinrich for his defense. Plus Hinrich would cost less. Or even keep Sessions to run with the 2nd unit if we were able to shed Blakes deal. (I think we could justify spending money on Sessions had we been able to move Blake's salary).

Has anyone heard on Jordan Hill?
He tweeted a few days ago that he had made his decision but never indicated what it was. I hope we are able to keep him, I like him as our 3rd big.

Ebanks is back which I was happy to see, I could see him developing into Ariza 2.0 hopefully.

The problem I see with Blake, Ebanks and Hill are that that they are not really scorers.

We definitely need someone who can come in and score, probably a wing.
Mayo and Courtney Lee are still out there.
We may be able to use Sessions in a S&T to get one of them, as their asking price will be above the MMLE (which we also still have).

The ideal scenario would be to get Lee in a S&T as part of a Howard deal and move Blake out in the deal, then resign Sessiions ourselves., giving us a backup backcourt of Sessions and Lee, both of whom can score, but this is highly unlikely.

Rumor has it that a 3 way deal for Howard may include a S&T swap of Sessions for Lee, which would be pretty sweet, giving us a bench of Blake, Lee, Ebanks and Hill (hopefully).

Last edited by Robster89 : 07-11-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

BTrujillo has decent reputationBTrujillo has decent reputation

IF Dwight comes to LA wouldn't J-Rich be coming with him?
BTrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89

Rumor has it that a 3 way deal for Howard may include a S&T swap of Sessions for Lee, which would be pretty sweet, giving us a bench of Blake, Lee, Ebanks and Hill (hopefully).
Courtney Lee would be sweet deal...however, he's their starting SG. I doubt we can get him for cheap.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

hrmmm..how bout this 2nd unit:

jordan hill
jamison
grant hill (he may have to start)/ebanks
jason richardson
the other white steve
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: