Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default John Jenkins

What do you guys think of John Jenkins and what kind of impact he will have on the Hawks?

From what I've seen of him college and in the summer league I think he could be a starter/6th man.

Here is interview from the summer league.

John Jenkins: Atlanta Hawks
Drafted: 23rd
Vegas Summer League Stats: 15.6 ppg, 2 rpg, 1.2 apg, 0.8 spg

SLAM: How has your summer league experience been so far?

John Jenkins: The experience has been great. Summer league kinda speaks for itself. Being a part of the NBA, itís a lot of fun competing out here with all these guys who just got drafted, guys whoíve been in the League, and guys trying to get into the League. Iím just glad to be a part of it.

SLAM: Youíve been impressive out here so far. Do you feel locked in on your jumpshot?

JJ: Yeah, Iím in a zone right now. It seems like all my hard work is paying off. It was a blessing just to be drafted, and now I gotta work harder to be in the League and stay in this League, and Iím just trying to keep it up.

SLAM: What have you been working on specifically so far in summer league?

JJ: Just continuing to get better on the defensive end. Thatís what Iíve been trying to do out here. Working on some other things, too. Going off the dribble, for example. I might have to play some point guard a little bit, so being a combo guard Iím trying to work on that. Coming out here itís a learning experience for all of us.

SLAM: What is your plan after summer league ends?

JJ: Iíll probably go home for a little bit, then out to Santa Barbara to work out with my agent and my trainer out there. Iíll be doing a lot of things. Working off the dribble, ball handling, defense, working on just getting to the rim and stuff like that. Little things that people donít look at; rebounding, playing five-on-five, getting guys open, creating off the dribble. Those are important areas of my game for me because people think Iím just a shooter, but Iím more than that. So Iím trying to work on all that out here, and then work on it some more.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: John Jenkins

I always mistaked him for one of his teammates at Vandy.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: