Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: How far is too far to micromanage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
If there is a way to only monitor the employees while they are at work, then I can see it fitting in the job description. If it is used at all regarding your personal life, that is just wrong, and should be a sue-able offense IMO for invasion of privacy. And even then, regarding the use at work, it certainly doesn't equate to trust in employees, so even though I think the employers have the right to use this technology at work, I don't know if it is the smart thing to do for all businesses. If you are uncomfortable with it, I'm guessing others are too.

I like the word sue-able!

But I love the company I work for and I couldn't do that. I'm pretty sure the rest of the account mangers in other regions feel the same. We have a range of account managers from a 45 year old mother of 2 in Western Ontario to a 30 year old single guy who doubles as a bouncer in Greater Toronto whom I'd assume would like to keep their lives private. I'd have to consult with them on it.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

But I love the company I work for and I couldn't do that. I'm pretty sure the rest of the account mangers in other regions feel the same. We have a range of account managers from a 45 year old mother of 2 in Western Ontario to a 30 year old single guy who doubles as a bouncer in Greater Toronto whom I'd assume would like to keep their lives private. I'd have to consult with them on it.

I'm not saying you should sue. I'm saying that it is a big enough privacy violation, that if any harm comes from it, then a lawsuit should be fair game.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

If it's a legit company they shouldn't be against putting in some safeguards against invading your privacy and spelling out that policy. Otherwise, the next time you call in seek, they may start looking to see why your phone was at a bar until 1:30 AM or at an apartment that belongs to the secretary in accounting or whatever.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
If it's a legit company they shouldn't be against putting in some safeguards against invading your privacy and spelling out that policy. Otherwise, the next time you call in seek, they may start looking to see why your phone was at a bar until 1:30 AM or at an apartment that belongs to the secretary in accounting or whatever.

If it doesn't affect their productivity then who needs to know what they do in their down time.
I think these measure should be in place if productivity is dramatically low, otherwise let them be.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #20
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Buy another phone that can matchup with the program.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: