Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
MetsPackers
new based god

Default Re: Saudi Chief of Intelligence Assassinated by Syrians

All these Arab countries always beefing with each other and blowing shyt up,smh
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
It seems like Tehran Times had quoted a Yemeni news agency (Al-Fajr News) claiming the deputy head of Saudi Intelligence had died in a blast in their HQ on the 22nd- the bombing and the death of the deputy are confirmed. Voltaire days later reports this incident but looks like they deduced that Bandar was the real target and his absence meant he had died too so they reported his assassination.
While all the major news agencies are focusing on the Olympics I don't think we will see more reports on the issue from them which is just what Saudis want as they have been silent over this issue and have not yet spoken on this matter. Bandar in my opinion is 99.999999% dead else he would have made an appearance. We know there was a bomb blast in their HQ and that his deputy was killed in it so it's not a stretch really considering how efficient governments in the region are in covering shit up since they basically control any news that is let out.

99.999999%

You could get to 6 decimals of certainty based on reports from known rumor-spreaders and conspiracty theorists?

Have you looked into al-Fajr Media Center. The fact that it's based in Yemen should set off alarm bells. Yemen is in the midst of a civil war against Al-Qaeda who would also like to take over Saudi Arabia.

Google Al-Fajr Media Center. It's a jihadi propagandist site.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #18
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

It's pretty easy to understand now why no legitimate news organization have picked up these reports even though the bombing occurred almost 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 08-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
99.999999%

You could get to 6 decimals of certainty based on reports from known rumor-spreaders and conspiracty theorists?

Have you looked into al-Fajr Media Center. The fact that it's based in Yemen should set off alarm bells. Yemen is in the midst of a civil war against Al-Qaeda who would also like to take over Saudi Arabia.

Google Al-Fajr Media Center. It's a jihadi propagandist site.
I just mean there is a very high chance he is dead by that number
On a serious note though when the Damascus attack occurred that killed Assad's high ranking officials, Saudis were the first to break the news but after more than ten days they still refuse to comment on Bandar and dude has not shown up anywhere yet even for a moment to crush the rumors. So he is either dead or seriously wounded from the blast.
I know all about the credibility of those sources but the nature of the news and ME makes it really hard for journalists to work. I mean who else is gonna report on a blast in Saudi Arabia when the government is trying hard put a lid on it? We are talking about ME not NA or Europe.
I'm just deducing here and trying to get a clear picture out of this mess since I said earlier, no major agency is gonna investigate or cover this unless Saudis come out either presenting Bandar and crushing the rumors or confirming them.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Quote:
I just mean there is a very high chance he is dead by that number
On a serious note though when the Damascus attack occurred that killed Assad's high ranking officials, Saudis were the first to break the news but after more than ten days they still refuse to comment on Bandar and dude has not shown up anywhere yet even for a moment to crush the rumors. So he is either dead or seriously wounded from the blast.
I know all about the credibility of those sources but the nature of the news and ME makes it really hard for journalists to work. I mean who else is gonna report on a blast in Saudi Arabia when the government is trying hard put a lid on it? We are talking about ME not NA or Europe.
I'm just deducing here and trying to get a clear picture out of this mess since I said earlier, no major agency is gonna investigate or cover this unless Saudis come out either presenting Bandar and crushing the rumors or confirming them.

For someone like Bandar, there would be tons of American and European intelligence folks who have contacts with him or near to him and the same with the press. This is the guy who was known as Bandar Bush because of his closesness to the Bush family. This is not an under-the-radar guy. He was an on the record source on Bob Woodward's Books about the Iraq war on the Bush presidency. Slate said Woodward portrayed him like a superhero.

That is, there's a lot of reporters that have this guy's phone number.

Remember the bombing itself hasn't even made the legit news papers.

So why would Yemeni Jihadi news service print this report? It wasn't a news report, it was a warning.

I'm 55.555555% sure that the story goes like this. The Saudis infiltrated a an anti-Saudi network that was planning on bombing the intelligence headquarters. They were compromised. So the al-Fajr Media Center puts out word the bombing happened. This is a signal, to get the hell out of Dodge. It's a warning to all the members of the Anti-Saudi cell, that they need to blow town and go underground. Or perhaps the bombing happened and the Saudis are keeping it under wraps because they caught some of the guys and want to try and find out who was behind them.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
For someone like Bandar, there would be tons of American and European intelligence folks who have contacts with him or near to him and the same with the press. This is the guy who was known as Bandar Bush because of his closesness to the Bush family. This is not an under-the-radar guy. He was an on the record source on Bob Woodward's Books about the Iraq war on the Bush presidency. Slate said Woodward portrayed him like a superhero.

That is, there's a lot of reporters that have this guy's phone number.

Remember the bombing itself hasn't even made the legit news papers.

So why would Yemeni Jihadi news service print this report? It wasn't a news report, it was a warning.

I'm 55.555555% sure that the story goes like this. The Saudis infiltrated a an anti-Saudi network that was planning on bombing the intelligence headquarters. They were compromised. So the al-Fajr Media Center puts out word the bombing happened. This is a signal, to get the hell out of Dodge. It's a warning to all the members of the Anti-Saudi cell, that they need to blow town and go underground. Or perhaps the bombing happened and the Saudis are keeping it under wraps because they caught some of the guys and want to try and find out who was behind them.
That's the thing, if the guy is not dead and is contact with his 20 year buddies in US why would not he just call one up and ask how his morning coffee was? Another problem is the ongoing animosity between different governments and factions so there are lots of bullshit news is spread around daily by the conflicting parties. At this stage at least we can say something big has happened in Saudi, whether there was an attack or it was foiled it will have serious ripple effects.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #22
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

Quote:
That's the thing, if the guy is not dead and is contact with his 20 year buddies in US why would not he just call one up and ask how his morning coffee was?

Why are you assuming this hasn't happened? My theory rests on the fact that something like this happened.

Phone Calls like that don't show up in google searches.

What editor is going to have someone write an article titled. "Bullshit story on the internet disproven." The point is, there is no story.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #23
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Why are you assuming this hasn't happened? My theory rests on the fact that something like this happened.

Phone Calls like that don't show up in google searches.

What editor is going to have someone write an article titled. "Bullshit story on the internet disproven." The point is, there is no story.
All right man, don't bust a tit now, didn't know dude was your favorite uncle or something. I guess we will just have to wait and see, this will sort itself out in a week or two anyway.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #24
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

I'm now 58.888888 percent sure.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #25
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote: