Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
Warners0
Kids at the park dunk on me

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Luol Deng probably not having wrist surgery

Luol Deng (wrist) is not planning on having surgery before the season begins.
Deng shot just 31.4 percent for Great Britain through five games, but he continues to insist his wrist is good to go. "Did I look like I needed (surgery)?," he said. "I'm fine right now. I feel great." Deng has reportedly told "friends and associates he plans to avoid surgery," and added that he's "just going to get ready for the season." With Derrick Rose (knee surgery) sidelined indefinitely, Deng's presence on the court will be huge.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Luol Deng

Deng: Not having surgery

Fans: He'll probably have it, ending his season.

Fans: He'll probably have it after the season.

Fans: He'll probably have it after the Olympics.

Fans: He'll probably gage it and have it after training camp.

Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He shot bad but at least his impact was felt.

Wish that Luol showed up against Philly.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Warners0

Warners0 has no real reputation yet.

He needs to do something he shot horrible this year. So he needs to rest up if he is not going to get surgery.
Warners0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Luol Deng gave his clearest indication yet on Tuesday that he will not undergo surgery on the injured ligaments in his left wrist before reporting to the Chicago Bulls' training camp.

Not that the All-Star forward is ruling out the possibility all together.

"I'm still discussing it, but I feel like I don't need it," he said. "If it was one of those injuries that's getting worse and worse and worse then I would do it.

"But I've been talking to my doctor who did the first surgery (on a torn ligament in his right wrist in '04), and I've been getting a lot of feedback from her. We are just taking time and if I feel like all of a sudden it's bothering me that much then we will get it. But it hasn't got to that yet."

-- ESPN Chicago
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #6
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well cool. I'm glad Lu is able to keep playing on it. The NBA season is very long, hope he's ready.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #7
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Luol Deng probably not having wrist surgery

This is seriously the worst news I've heard all week. The Bulls are just so determined to be mediocre this season. I mean, what's the point in playing through an injury in a lost season? Especially in the beginning of the season. He clearly isn't fine either... he shot horribly in the olympics.

Last edited by dee-rose : 08-10-2012 at 05:15 AM.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
This is seriously the worst news I've heard all week. The Bulls are just so determined to be mediocre this season. I mean, what's the point in playing through an injury in a lost season? Especially in the beginning of the season. He clearly isn't fine either... he shot horribly in the olympics.

So with Deng having surgery we would be a top team?

With Rose on crutches we are mediocre. Why blame the org for something they had nothing to do with?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #9
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
So with Deng having surgery we would be a top team?

With Rose on crutches we are mediocre. Why blame the org for something they had nothing to do with?
Because their have been reports that they've been pushing for Deng to play...
it's obvious that he's still hurt. Deng in makes us just good enough to justify not tanking... that's what I meant to get across.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
Because their have been reports that they've been pushing for Deng to play...
it's obvious that he's still hurt. Deng in makes us just good enough to justify not tanking... that's what I meant to get across.

Do you think he is going to try to force himself to play through the injury again because the front office did not want him playing in the Olympics? I could see that happening; "they" were pretty vocal in their disapproval about his Olympic play. I would not doubt if he feels like he needs to do something for them in return.

It is difficult to say... but I think I would prefer Deng have the surgery and really give Butler the chance to build his game experience.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:50 AM   #11
BullsAj

BullsAj is a pretty well-respected posterBullsAj is a pretty well-respected posterBullsAj is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
Do you think he is going to try to force himself to play through the injury again because the front office did not want him playing in the Olympics? I could see that happening; "they" were pretty vocal in their disapproval about his Olympic play. I would not doubt if he feels like he needs to do something for them in return.

It is difficult to say... but I think I would prefer Deng have the surgery and really give Butler the chance to build his game experience.
I want Deng to have surgery which would allow him and Rose to come back strong at the end of the season and I really liked what I saw out of Jimmy in his limited minutes last year... Keltic, how you been man?

I'm on a new site (http://sportslite.com) and I'd love to discuss Bulls bball & nba with you guys on there...Referrer: ChiBulls24

Last edited by BullsAj : 08-13-2012 at 01:54 AM.
BullsAj is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: